1609 replies to this topic

#1541 mvp4him3

mvp4him3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 7, RazR MAXX

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

I guess that depends on who you ask. Everything works for me.

Main thing I worry about is the norm with these ROMs. Blue tooth, camera, and mms.
Posted Image

#1542 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

Main thing I worry about is the norm with these ROMs. Blue tooth, camera, and mms.

Yes they all work :)

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1543 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Is the "Rom Slot" portion a necessary step for SS2.11? If so, where is it at in the menus? This is the only thing I can think of as to why my Razr locks up during boot after installing arctic HD.

The rom slot option is in ss3..(where you can have up to 4 roms).. in 2.11 you have the option for 1 rom (safe enabled) and stock (safe disabled)

As far as it locking up.... is the zip on your external sd card? Did you enable safe ?(when you boot into ss) .... try re downloading the zip.... re flash....:)

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1544 hey_poolboy

hey_poolboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx,

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

I was running Arctic HD about a week ago and all was well. The other day I made the jump to SS3. I started out with Flick 5 in slot 2 because it was still on my SD card. This morning I went to install Arctic HD in slot 3 and it installed fine, but I have no circles widget. I am currently downloading the update, and will go back into SS to install it. Will this fix my circles or do I need to look elsewhere? Do I have to be in a specific rom slot?
Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running a different ROM nearly every day.

#1545 cruskai

cruskai

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Forgive me if this seems n00bish, as I have only had my Razr for a few days.

My problem is that I have bootlooped when attempting to install Arctic HD Here are the steps I have followed:

I have installed SS 3.05.
I created a rom slot on rom slot 1 (2GB size for /data)
I switched to rom slot 1
I did Factory Reset, Wiped Cache, Dalvik Cache, and System.
Finally, I flashed the ROM and rebooted.

I have already attempted to redownload the ROM to no avail. Am I doing anything wrong?

#1546 gr8popp

gr8popp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Did you install .215 update and mattlgroff's utility1.8 ?

#1547 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Forgive me if this seems n00bish, as I have only had my Razr for a few days.

My problem is that I have bootlooped when attempting to install Arctic HD Here are the steps I have followed:

I have installed SS 3.05.
I created a rom slot on rom slot 1 (2GB size for /data)
I switched to rom slot 1
I did Factory Reset, Wiped Cache, Dalvik Cache, and System.
Finally, I flashed the ROM and rebooted.

I have already attempted to redownload the ROM to no avail. Am I doing anything wrong?

After the first boot you have to reboot

#1548 hey_poolboy

hey_poolboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx,

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

NM. After installing the update it looks as though all is well. Haven't finished setup yet....
Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running a different ROM nearly every day.

#1549 RHChan84

RHChan84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter:rchan84
  • LocationMedford, Ma

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

And after initial install, it will take up to 15 mins to boot. Leave it alone and allow it to boot up then do the setup then reboot.
Droid RAZR MAXX (JB/Rooted)

#1550 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Yesterday I updated via the OTA update and all of that went fine. I just saw beerman1373 post from earlier today regarding, and I'm paraphrasing, "still seeing the 1.00 Update being available even after updating 1.00?" So I thought I would check but when I went into Settings and hit Check for Update I got the following, "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped". Everything else seems to be working fine. Any ideas?

The same thing happens on mine. Everything seems to be working correctly except for checking for update, which causes 'settings' to stop.

#1551 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

The same thing happens on mine. Everything seems to be working correctly except for checking for update, which causes 'settings' to stop.

Same issues as others. Restored ver. 01. Much happier.

#1552 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

I updated a couple of days ago via the OTA and all seemed O.K. (except as I noted in an earlier post still have the System, Check for Update, "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" error which hopefully someone can provide a solution for). Well ,today I was going to set up Google Now but when I hit the Google search bar there was no Google Now. So, I uninstalled Google search, went into SS3, cleaned cache/dalvik and on reboot -- Lo and behold Google search bar/Google Now was back. Not sure how that happened but it all works now!

#1553 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

I updated a couple of days ago via the OTA and all seemed O.K. (except as I noted in an earlier post still have the System, Check for Update, "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" error which hopefully someone can provide a solution for). Well ,today I was going to set up Google Now but when I hit the Google search bar there was no Google Now. So, I uninstalled Google search, went into SS3, cleaned cache/dalvik and on reboot -- Lo and behold Google search bar/Google Now was back. Not sure how that happened but it all works now!

Can you get into System Settings?

#1554 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Can you get into System Settings?

Yes, and all else within Settings appears to work O.K.; it's just the "Check for update" where I'm getting an error.

#1555 gr8popp

gr8popp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Updates are done with an app called OTA,which will notify you when needed. Check for updates is intentionally disabled

#1556 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Updates are done with an app called OTA,which will notify you when needed. Check for updates is intentionally disabled

Yeah, I understand the OTA, was just curious if the in error in Settings after the OTA update was a system problem or what. Your explanation on it being intentionally disabled makes sense. Thanks for the response.

#1557 chrisroug

chrisroug

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Awesome forum! Just updated to V1.0 of the ROM, and I still can't update youtube or GMail..... Any ideas?

#1558 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Awesome forum! Just updated to V1.0 of the ROM, and I still can't update youtube or GMail..... Any ideas?

I had to clear cache and data and then deleted the apk in system/app then reboot and download from play store. You can just move the app out of the folder instead of deleting if you don't feel comfortable deleting it. Gmail i didn't have issues with.

Sent from Razr Maxx running Full Throttle Killer Bean

#1559 gr8popp

gr8popp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

I used titanium back up to convert these from system app to user app. In play store i uninstalled them then reintsalled. After that reconvert from user app to system app.

#1560 chrisroug

chrisroug

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

I had to clear cache and data and then deleted the apk in system/app then reboot and download from play store. You can just move the app out of the folder instead of deleting if you don't feel comfortable deleting it. Gmail i didn't have issues with.

Sent from Razr Maxx running Full Throttle Killer Bean

When i boot into SS and browse around I cant seem to find the APK for either of them. Any ideas? Thanks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users