1609 replies to this topic

#1561 chrisroug

chrisroug

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

UPDATE I was able to uninstall with Ti Backup, wipe cache and install from Play.
  • Animal likes this

#1562 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

How u gonna update to something that's so OLD!

#1563 gr8popp

gr8popp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

How u gonna update to something that's so OLD!

Because it works so well.

#1564 segordon

segordon

The Voice Inside Your Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

I updated a couple of days ago via the OTA and all seemed O.K. (except as I noted in an earlier post still have the System, Check for Update, "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" error which hopefully someone can provide a solution for). Well ,today I was going to set up Google Now but when I hit the Google search bar there was no Google Now. So, I uninstalled Google search, went into SS3, cleaned cache/dalvik and on reboot -- Lo and behold Google search bar/Google Now was back. Not sure how that happened but it all works now!

I did what you said for Google Now, and I didn't wipe the caches but just rebooted after uninstalling googlesearch and BAM, Google Now works. Thanks

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk2.

#1565 chazzlabs

chazzlabs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

So it seems after updating that my Google account is no longer linked to my phone, and I can't find a way to sign back in. Google isn't listed when I go to System Settings > Accounts and Sync.

#1566 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

So it seems after updating that my Google account is no longer linked to my phone, and I can't find a way to sign back in. Google isn't listed when I go to System Settings > Accounts and Sync.

Try opening one of the gapps (gmail, play store etc) it should prompt you to sign in.....

sent from my spare phone tapadriving........

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1567 chazzlabs

chazzlabs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Try opening one of the gapps (gmail, play store etc) it should prompt you to sign in.....

sent from my spare phone tapadriving........

Each of the gapps immediately closes upon opening. I've tried the reinstall and clear cache trick, but I'm still having the same issue.

#1568 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

I did what you said for Google Now, and I didn't wipe the caches but just rebooted after uninstalling googlesearch and BAM, Google Now works. Thanks

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk2.

Glad it worked for you. No telling how much time I spent trying to resolve that issue; as it turns out it was a simple solution (but it always seems simple once it works!)

#1569 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Each of the gapps immediately closes upon opening. I've tried the reinstall and clear cache trick, but I'm still having the same issue.

I experienced the same exact problem. Now, I'm not an expert on any of this by a long shot but I have spent some time (O.K. a lot time) working through some of these problems and here's how I got gapps to work: Some of this may be redundant but in SS3; I did a wipe of Cache/Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset, wiped System. Then installed the OTA update, rebooted. At the very first screen after reboot (Start screen) I rebooted a second time. I then let it settle for a couple of minutes, then started setup, and all was good -- gapps was now working.

#1570 chazzlabs

chazzlabs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

I experienced the same exact problem. Now, I'm not an expert on any of this by a long shot but I have spent some time (O.K. a lot time) working through some of these problems and here's how I got gapps to work: Some of this may be redundant but in SS3; I did a wipe of Cache/Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset, wiped System. Then installed the OTA update, rebooted. At the very first screen after reboot (Start screen) I rebooted a second time. I then let it settle for a couple of minutes, then started setup, and all was good -- gapps was now working.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if you noticed, but I saw your previous post about this issue and PM'd you with a question. In case it might help others here who have the same question, doing a factory reset in SafeStrap will only affect your active ROM slot, right?

#1571 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if you noticed, but I saw your previous post about this issue and PM'd you with a question. In case it might help others here who have the same question, doing a factory reset in SafeStrap will only affect your active ROM slot, right?

Yes, it only affects the active ROM slot.

#1572 dkahs23

dkahs23

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

Love the New boot sound.

#1573 dkahs23

dkahs23

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Nevermind....

#1574 zalman_1

zalman_1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

Beautifull rom thx :) but my have problem when ı doing update youtobe and chrome have failed how ı ouit this problem?

#1575 gr8popp

gr8popp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Beautifull rom thx :) but my have problem when ı doing update youtobe and chrome have failed how ı ouit this problem?

Read post 1559

#1576 zalman_1

zalman_1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Read post 1559

thanks ı read ı doing this but not stop problem :S how ı delete youtoube apk in sistem.for this have app?

#1577 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

thanks ı read ı doing this but not stop problem :S how ı delete youtoube apk in sistem.for this have app?

Had the same problem; I used Root Explorer file manager (there are others like ES File Explorer, ROM Toolbox) and deleted the apk's, then downloaded/installed from the Play Store. Problem solved.

P.S. In the file explorer make sure permissions are set to r/w.

#1578 zalman_1

zalman_1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Had the same problem; I used Root Explorer file manager (there are others like ES File Explorer, ROM Toolbox) and deleted the apk's, then downloaded/installed from the Play Store. Problem solved.

P.S. In the file explorer make sure permissions are set to r/w.

Thank you my friend yes now don't have problem :)

#1579 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Thank you my friend yes now don't have problem :)

Glad it worked for you. Enjoy the ROM, it's a good one!

#1580 lord dredd

lord dredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users