1073 replies to this topic

#981 droid1177

droid1177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGa, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

Can I just wipe cache and dalvik cache to update to 1.2 or do I have to wipe data and factory reset too?
Thank you.

I'm not sure but you should be OK just installing on top of 1.1....might want to ask matt or kebob...

#982 abelr1978

abelr1978

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Google+:abelr78

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

I'm not sure but you should be OK just installing on top of 1.1....might want to ask matt or kebob...

You'll be okay just flashing without any wipe. I just did. There's no Google now tho.

#983 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Thanks for the update guys! Still lovin this ROM after all this time. I've tried the rest, now I'm stuck with the best.

#984 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

I will be working on a new rom that will combine Droid HD and Arctic HD into one rom since it will make updates come out way faster and will join the roms together as they are not that different. Many things will be fixed and updated and added. This will be released sometime during December.
  • Semseddin, cvhovey, trikotret and 4 others like this

#985 abelr1978

abelr1978

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Thanks for the update.

#986 alexh037

alexh037

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationWoodland Hills, CA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

I will be working on a new rom that will combine Droid HD and Arctic HD into one rom since it will make updates come out way faster and will join the roms together as they are not that different. Many things will be fixed and updated and added. This will be released sometime during December.

Sweet!!! :-)

#987 segordon

segordon

The Voice Inside Your Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

Sounds like a great rom in the works Kebob. With this update, did you remove Google now? If so, why not remove the google search bar from the home screen? If not, then when you update, Google now is removed.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk2.

#988 droid1177

droid1177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGa, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Personally, I don't use Google now and I would really love to use the screen where the search bar resides...that's just my opinion. Otherwise I love this rom...again Props to all involved...
  • lbroksle likes this

#989 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Kebob will fix everything :D
  • droid1177 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#990 Semseddin

Semseddin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationİstanbul
  • Current Device(s):XT910

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Crossing fingers :D Show more love to gsm users, too. :D

#991 marcieevee

marcieevee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Just flashed this rom and im lovin it,awsome rom. But one thing though is there any way that i can change the battery percentage back to stock battery icon?

#992 minabeshara

minabeshara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Google+:http://www.gofundme.com/36fiag
  • LocationNYC
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr MAXX

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Anyone else having a problem with all the Gapps not working at all? Gmail, Play store, etc...

#993 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Anyone else having a problem with all the Gapps not working at all? Gmail, Play store, etc...

YIKES!!! Glad you asked this, I just tried Play store and its not working at all. Any fix for this?

Edit: Tried GMail as well and just like play store it looks like its opening but then just disappears.

#994 minabeshara

minabeshara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Google+:http://www.gofundme.com/36fiag
  • LocationNYC
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr MAXX

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Also, has anyone noticed that the signal bars are stuck at WHITE? Ive repeatedly read that they only turn blue when connecting to the Google servers, and white when data is connected. In this case, it seems that the Gapps are having an issue, and not connecting to the Google servers, as I do not have any names associated with all the contacts that are synced with Google.

#995 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

YIKES!!! Glad you asked this, I just tried Play store and its not working at all. Any fix for this?

Edit: Tried GMail as well and just like play store it looks like its opening but then just disappears.

Try wiping app data or data in general.

Gapps were changed around and left google-signed, so there is a good chance there isn't compatibility with your old gapp data.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#996 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

I forced stop google play and then clear data, still does it, is there something else I need to do?

#997 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Only problem I had was a FC with Gmail. Uninstalled with TB and re-installed and it worked fine. Play store worked fine too.

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#998 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Try wiping app data or data in general.

Gapps were changed around and left google-signed, so there is a good chance there isn't compatibility with your old gapp data.

Before I wipe data/factory reset to fix this issue, is there a way to backup with TiBU my homescreens so I don't have to re-setup all my icons and widgets?

(Ideally I would love to not have to factory reset to fix heh)

#999 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

I waited 10 minutes for the first boot after flashing, still on the boot screen. Reinstalled and the same. Wait longer?
  • abelr1978 likes this

#1000 abelr1978

abelr1978

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

I waited 10 minutes for the first boot after flashing, still on the boot screen. Reinstalled and the same. Wait longer?

Try a full wipe, install a new zip and wipe cache and dalvic cache before rebooting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users