• Please log in to reply
1073 replies to this topic

#1021 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Sounds like matt updated some things he should not have...... Do not worry guys, I will get that new rom out asap

My plan worked :)

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
  • moksha51 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#1022 segordon

segordon

The Voice Inside Your Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Lol guys the update was a gapps update. IE it is stored in the /data partition. If you were lazy and did not wipe data then you will have the bugs you guys are experiencing. WIPE DATA then reinstall and everything will be just peachy.

Here is what I did: Downloaded the update clicked cancel when finished. Then rebooted into ss. Installed update, then cleared caches when finished. Rebooted phone and let it update. Phone booted up and then got the error that gmail crashed. Rebooted phone again and got the same error. Then uninstalled gmail with titanium a d rebooted phone again. Then downloaded gmail through playstore. Gmail worked again. But no Google now, spotty 4g at times and 2 gallery apps.

That is all for now.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk2.

#1023 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAlabama-ROLL TIDE!
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx-Asus Transformer TF700

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

when you update or combine roms could you work on battery life cause its not that good. On droid hd 1.1 and 1.2 something is keeping the phone awake and that is on fresh installs and fresh rom slots. I like this rom but battery life needs to be fixed. I lose about 10 - 12% a hour with screen off. I just know it doesnt do this on other roms I've used and it doesn't do this on stock either. I go to settings battery and click on the graph at the top. It does this after I take it off the charger and after rebooting. I've wiped cache and dalvik and still does it.

mwcyo7.png

#1024 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAlabama-ROLL TIDE!
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx-Asus Transformer TF700

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

Sounds like matt updated some things he should not have...... Do not worry guys, I will get that new rom out asap

Could you read post #1023 and i also had all the problems everyone is talking about and I just wiped everything and deleted the rom and started all over and everything works fine but still having the battery life problem.

mwcyo7.png

#1025 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

My Youtube didn't work... :( Told me unsigned or incorrectly signed and to uninstall and reinstall. I uninstalled with TiBU and when I tried to install it said something like "Error installing" or something like that. However, after going to sleep and wakeing up this morning I tried again and it installed. Funny. *shrug*

Anyway, it semes like everything is back up to snuff. (with the exception of two galleries now heh)

PS> I did not clear "data" when updating as that was not in the instructions. So I just downloaded, went to SS and installed zip file. I guess from now on I assume to clear data? (Could that be part of the install script?) After installing the zip file I gave it the "10 minutes or so" and rebooted it. Then I used TiBU to restore my apps and homescreen settings. I Then had lots of problems. So I did full wipe (data/factory, /system, /cache, dalvik) then installed zip. Lookin better now.

#1026 neoterixx64

neoterixx64

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

How do you update Youtube and Google Now?
Sorry is this was mentioned in the other 50 pages, but I did not see it.

#1027 droid1177

droid1177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGa, USA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

How do you update Youtube and Google Now?
Sorry is this was mentioned in the other 50 pages, but I did not see it.

Uninstall with TB or Root Browser. Reboot to safestrap wipe cache....then install via playstore...

#1028 neoterixx64

neoterixx64

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

What folders do I find the stuff in? Thanks

#1029 droid1177

droid1177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGa, USA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

What folders do I find the stuff in? Thanks

Do you have Titanium Backup Installed? If so open TB up after it loads click on backup/restore....scroll to find YouTube. Click on it, select uninstall...yes and then yes.....reboot wipe cache... install via playstore....

#1030 dowens9603

dowens9603

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I downloaded and flashed the non soft key version and when I got it loaded up there are soft keys there. Is there something I am suppose to do to get rid of the soft keys. I cannot find a setting to disable them.

#1031 droid1177

droid1177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGa, USA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

I downloaded and flashed the non soft key version and when I got it loaded up there are soft keys there. Is there something I am suppose to do to get rid of the soft keys. I cannot find a setting to disable them.

Seems that you may have downloaded the soft key by accident...

#1032 dowens9603

dowens9603

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I have downloaded the non soft key file 2 times and flashed and it still has the soft keys. I am wondering if the non soft key link is messed up or something.

#1033 droid1177

droid1177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGa, USA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I have downloaded the non soft key file 2 times and flashed and it still has the soft keys. I am wondering if the non soft key link is messed up or something.

Check out post #964

#1034 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Btw, checking for update in settings fc's settings.

Sent from my toilet (probably) using Tapatalk 2.

#1035 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

when you update or combine roms could you work on battery life cause its not that good. On droid hd 1.1 and 1.2 something is keeping the phone awake and that is on fresh installs and fresh rom slots. I like this rom but battery life needs to be fixed. I lose about 10 - 12% a hour with screen off. I just know it doesnt do this on other roms I've used and it doesn't do this on stock either. I go to settings battery and click on the graph at the top. It does this after I take it off the charger and after rebooting. I've wiped cache and dalvik and still does it.

i get > 24hrs easy with moderate use. HD 1.1 (Razr Maxx)

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#1036 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I know battery is messed up and believe me i have a fix on one of my computers i just need to get it

#1037 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Glad to see this rom is still alive! One of these days, I'll jump back over & check out 1.2

#1038 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationVancouver Washington

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Does someone know where to find the battery that is like the one in this ROM with the Toggles? I can't seem to find one. Thanks.
If I helped you at all, don't be afraid to hit that like button! :D

#1039 BittenHand19

BittenHand19

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:BittenHand19
  • LocationLong Island
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Lol guys the update was a gapps update. IE it is stored in the /data partition. If you were lazy and did not wipe data then you will have the bugs you guys are experiencing. WIPE DATA then reinstall and everything will be just peachy.

I did follow the instructions you posted to a T and I do not have Google Now. Was there a separate file I was supposed to flash that I missed? I know you mentioned the clean install but I did just that.

#1040 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

I havent tried the latest HD updates... i rocked Artic HD for about a month or two but im wondering if this Roms battery life is better and/or how different in a better or bad way is this one compares to Artic?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users