• Please log in to reply
1073 replies to this topic

#1001 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

You'll be okay just flashing without any wipe. I just did. There's no Google now tho.

If you do a clean install, all Gapps work fine, including Google now.

Still, I'd say it's NOT okay.

#1002 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Any way to flash gapps to fix the gapps issue not working without having to do a factory wipe?

#1003 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Is there a version with no soft keys? I like to have as much screen as possible..never tried this rom and have been looking more and more at it
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#1004 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Is there a version with no soft keys? I like to have as much screen as possible..never tried this rom and have been looking more and more at it

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

DROID HD (Non-soft)

You can just wipe the app's data in Settings > Applications for the gapps causing issues. I had Xanderin flash with a full wipe and they have everything, no issues.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#1005 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

DROID HD (Non-soft)

You can just wipe the app's data in Settings > Applications for the gapps causing issues. I had Xanderin flash with a full wipe and they have everything, no issues.

Tried force stopping and clearing data on any app that started out "Google" something, and gmail, heh. Didn't fix the issue of gapps not working. Guess I'm going to have to do the full wipe tonight. :(

#1006 bbb207

bbb207

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

I went into user account and noticed that my gmail account was missing. Something happened during the update that wiped my google account from the phone. Can't run device setup either, so here comes the full wipe.....

#1007 minabeshara

minabeshara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Google+:http://www.gofundme.com/36fiag
  • LocationNYC
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr MAXX

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I went into user account and noticed that my gmail account was missing. Something happened during the update that wiped my google account from the phone. Can't run device setup either, so here comes the full wipe.....

I noticed the same thing as well. Backing up with TB now, hopefully the full wipe takes care of it.

#1008 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Try a full wipe, install a new zip and wipe cache and dalvic cache before rebooting.

thanks, that worked after we did it twice ;)

#1009 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

I too did the full wipe and started from scratch and that fixed everything. Sux to wipe all but TiBU pro makes it easy. Even noticed the homescreen backup before wiping. Ps... i too am seeing a lot of 3G rather than full 4G all the time. Before the update i never saw 3G.

Sent from my toilet (probably) using Tapatalk 2.

#1010 droid1177

droid1177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGa, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

I just had to do a full wipe...restored apps with TB...4G full bars and by the way the icon is blue again for signal strength...My only issue, well more of a peeve really is that now I have 2 gallery icons in my app drawer??? Any ideas???

#1011 bbb207

bbb207

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

I just had to do a full wipe...restored apps with TB...4G full bars and by the way the icon is blue again for signal strength...My only issue, well more of a peeve really is that now I have 2 gallery icons in my app drawer??? Any ideas???

I noticed that as well. Not too happy with the update...
Might have to go back to original ROM

#1012 droid1177

droid1177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGa, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

I did notice while added a pic to my contact that it gave an option for "com.android & com.google"....so i went to manage apps and disable the one with the smallest mb usage..seems fine for now...

#1013 droid1177

droid1177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGa, USA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Here is a screen shot of the 2 gallery issue

Attached Files

#1014 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

I did notice that the update screwed up a couple of apks that I had themed; part of the theme I've been working on for this ROM.....

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#1015 lostsoul01

lostsoul01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFrom the dark shadows of Texas
  • Current Device(s):OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Love having a new update for this. This is and has been since it dropped one of my favorite roms. Its in my top 3 rotations for sure. Its once again my new daily driver. Thank you so much for the hard work and dedication. I'd be lost without you and matts love for the razr... you rock!! Thanks again!

#1016 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

So any big changes in the update? I am already running some of the 4.2 gapps and enabled the hotspot and such so I don't want to update if the biggest change was just updating the gapps to newer ICS gapps.

I appreciate the update but a change log would be great.

#1017 geekboy

geekboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

this is great love the work guys. Have no issues, but one the youtube wont update says the package file not signed please uninstall then re install. cant uninstall so i used root browser to remove the apk so it wont continually update the re install says incompatible update is there a fix for it.

#1018 segordon

segordon

The Voice Inside Your Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I too am also seeing more 3g over 4g since updating. Also I too have 2 gallery apps. I also had problems with gmail, I had to uninstalled it and reinstall it to get it to not fc. I will give it a day but if I dont get 4g back I will have to go back to the original version.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk2.

#1019 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Lol guys the update was a gapps update. IE it is stored in the /data partition. If you were lazy and did not wipe data then you will have the bugs you guys are experiencing. WIPE DATA then reinstall and everything will be just peachy.
  • PillClinton likes this

#1020 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Sounds like matt updated some things he should not have...... Do not worry guys, I will get that new rom out asap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users