oneru

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei U8730

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I seem to have mangled the update, and it's not being offered as a download now. I have the q version of the phone. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the update zip from the mytouch q?

#143 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

I seem to have mangled the update, and it's not being offered as a download now. I have the q version of the phone. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the update zip from the mytouch q?

The normal one didn't work for you? If its a signature issue you could flash it with my CWM probably.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#144 oneru

oneru

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei U8730

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

The ota update failed because I had the bonus apps uninstalled. I really should have backed up the zip before I tried to update. As far as I can tell, I can not force the phone to redownload the update, and it was deleted from /cache/ when I tried to flash it. When I try to update using the zip uploaded here, it fails an assert that seems to be related to the phone's model. I could try hacking the zip to make it flash or use your cwm, but I'm not sure if the phone's hardware is different enough to cause problems.

#145 jac6387

jac6387

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

The ota update failed because I had the bonus apps uninstalled. I really should have backed up the zip before I tried to update. As far as I can tell, I can not force the phone to redownload the update, and it was deleted from /cache/ when I tried to flash it. When I try to update using the zip uploaded here, it fails an assert that seems to be related to the phone's model. I could try hacking the zip to make it flash or use your cwm, but I'm not sure if the phone's hardware is different enough to cause problems.

I had the same problem where i couldn't get the update to show up on the phone again after UT failed. Then at some point it popped up again for me. Maybe try turning off fast boot and them powering off and on also maybe try removing your sd card and re inserting it. (the update option came back for me after installing a new sd card though that could just be coincidence)

#146 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Fixed links :)

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#147 wehager

wehager

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

I am trying this with my HTC Sense 2.1 Android version 2.3.4 and it does not work. It gets to screen to reboot on my phone and just sits saying failed remote not allowed.
Plug the phone in with a USB cord and have it booted up normally.
Please install the included drivers before we begin.
Go to Settings . Applications . Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
If these are done press any key to continue.
Press any key to continue . . .
< waiting for device >
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.298s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.322s
Your device should now reboot normally. It is still rooting... don't unplug.

So I voume down to reboot and hit power button.
I then get

remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app//Superuser.apk': Read-only file s
ystem
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin//busybox': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
Congratulations you are rooted!

I also have sdk tools in my C:\platform-tools directory Can you help? I even tried adb devices in cmd and it says could not be found on my Windows 7 system

Attached Files

#148 Brandonluong

Brandonluong

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

But my huawei mytouch 4g has 2.3.6 version.
All I did was downloaded the link that Mattlgoff posted and download adb and fast boot driver from the link below. But I didn't unmount the sd card.

Maybe you missed the adb and fastboot driver. Try to download from here and re-root.
http://dottech.org/2...-android-phone/

#149 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

I am trying this with my HTC Sense 2.1 Android version 2.3.4 and it does not work. It gets to screen to reboot on my phone and just sits saying failed remote not allowed.
Plug the phone in with a USB cord and have it booted up normally.
Please install the included drivers before we begin.
Go to Settings . Applications . Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
If these are done press any key to continue.
< waiting for device >
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.298s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.322s
Your device should now reboot normally. It is still rooting... don't unplug.

So I voume down to reboot and hit power button.
I then get

remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app//Superuser.apk': Read-only file s
ystem
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin//busybox': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
Congratulations you are rooted!

I also have sdk tools in my C:\platform-tools directory Can you help? I even tried adb devices in cmd and it says could not be found on my Windows 7 system

This method will absolutely not work on your phone. Your MyTouch device is made by HTC. This root Exploit is for the Huawei MyTouch variant, two completely different devices. The MyTouch name is used on different brands of phones by T-Mobile...eg: HTC, Huawei ect. MyTouch is basically a badge name used by T-Mobile, like DROID is on Verizon.
Posted Image

#150 lurker

lurker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I just made this account to see how to root my phone and say thank you soooo much Matt for finding a way to do this! :D It works! ^___^ I'm suuupper happy too. Haha, now hopefully there will be some really nice ROMs released for this phone and I'll be a very happy camper.

I'll keep viewing this thread just in case any new news comes up about debloating and/or ROMs!

Thanks again! :)

#151 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I just made this account to see how to root my phone and say thank you soooo much Matt for finding a way to do this! :D It works! ^___^ I'm suuupper happy too. Haha, now hopefully there will be some really nice ROMs released for this phone and I'll be a very happy camper.

I'll keep viewing this thread just in case any new news comes up about debloating and/or ROMs!

Thanks again! :)

No problem it was fun.

Main thing to remember with this phone is that the bootloader is locked... so development isn't likely to go any further. Especially since no one actually has this device lol

#152 lurker

lurker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Aw, I see. There isn't a way to unlock it or bypass it somehow?

Haha, and yea, that's why I was so happy I actually found someone that rooted this phone, since barely anyone has it. XD

#153 pb05life

pb05life

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

worked perfect after i edited the,

;Huawei Ideos
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_12D1&PID_1038&MI_01
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_12D1&PID_103A

in android sdk. It hung at boot screen before I edited that.

Thanks for your work....

#154 alethal

alethal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

I have been exploring this whole Root thing for a couple days now, my previous phone was an HTC HD7 windows phone, which I liked (not a lot of "bloat" as I'm becoming hip to the lingo) but it was locked up in terms of the apps that could be developed and how you could make the OS look and operate which I found very dissatisfying> Needless to say I broke that phone, and had it replaced with this Huwei Mytouch, and was incredibly pissed off with this idea of not being the root user and the bloatware in this land od Androind/Linux freedom, so thats when this long strange journey inot rooting started (I mean I have rooted and rutted in many other life situations but nothing that needs to be dealt with here :). So I am having the same probelm as saxman2k:

Hopefully someone can help me. I follow all of the instructions but I still cant get it to work. I'm running windows 7. I install the drivers, plug in the phone, enable usb debugging, then click on "root." From here the command promt pops up and says "daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037. Daemon started successfully." Then it say, "waiting for device." At this point my phone attemps to reboot, but ultimately hangs on the "android 4g tomobile sceen." No matter how long I wait, it just hangs there, and the command promt just hangs on "wating for device."

Any help would be greatly, greatly appriciated! :)

I have installed the drivers so, what I am going to do now is type dial the *#*# 2846579 #*#* and set the debug mode from "Google" to something else, will play around with stuff from there and let you know how it goes. @ mattlgroff if everything works I just really want to say thank you for setting this up in such an elegently simple package. I am a self proclaimed Computer "superuser" but a Linux man I am not. I had messed around with this in Ubuntu before I found your thread here (because I was thinking Linux might provide for more stability in the process, howver I feel much more comfortable in windows enviro).... so I'll go test and play here and hope this will work, thanks again.

#155 alethal

alethal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Wow I guess I just skimmed right past this... I'll give this a shot first, awesomeness

worked perfect after i edited the,

;Huawei Ideos
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_12D1&PID_1038&MI_01
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_12D1&PID_103A

in android sdk. It hung at boot screen before I edited that.

Thanks for your work....

#156 alethal

alethal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

WOOO HOOO ROOOTED! I had to move to a different computer, a system where I had no trace of previous, eronius, attempts at rooting. The succesful system was one running windows 8, not sure if that made any difference (though something tells me it was that the system was clear of any previously erronius drivers/data. Anyways now onward and upward.

#157 UDimgba

UDimgba

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Can someone please help!! I have no clue as to what I've done wrong. I THINK I'm following the instructions for Windows correctly, but nothing is happening!

#158 SirRastusBear

SirRastusBear

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Can someone please help!! I have no clue as to what I've done wrong. I THINK I'm following the instructions for Windows correctly, but nothing is happening!

Hello-
perhaps if you could give us a little more info on what exactly your problem is? For instance, have you followed all the steps in the OP? Have all the drivers installed, as well as ADB? Are you the owner of a Huawei My Touch Q and not some other phone? With more info, someone may be able to help you out...thanks

#159 UDimgba

UDimgba

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

I got it! Simply used another computer! Thanks so much!

#160 Jcjr

Jcjr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

EDIT: Whoops, there's mention of there being an unlock page on Huawei's website on page three of the thread. If this is the same page that was mentioned, you can go ahead and ignore all this =/.

From what I can gather from Huawei's and T-Mobile's sites, the Huawei Ascend G 312 and the U8680 (and U8730 with the addition of the QWERTY keyboard) are likely synonymous hardware-wise. This link http://www.huaweidev...uctId=4086&tb=0 has an "unlock bootloader" section that asks for an email and phone info, like the S/N and IMEI. Don't know if this will be of any use to mattlgroff and co., and it easily could be a dead end, but maybe not.

There's an unlocking agreement before it asks for the email and info, and number 1 under "warnings and precautions" is "1. As determined by your service provider, custom devices may not support bootloader unlocking. If so, contact your service provider to unlock your device’s bootloader.", which doesn't sound too optimistic even if the link is legitimate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users