474 replies to this topic

#161 lurker

lurker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hello again! Any hopes for a ROM for this phone? I'll help in any way I can, it's just that I don't really know anything about how to do it. But I'll see what I can do because I really want to change this ROM. Stock ROM is horrible! GB is so old. Sheesh!

#162 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Hello again! Any hopes for a ROM for this phone? I'll help in any way I can, it's just that I don't really know anything about how to do it. But I'll see what I can do because I really want to change this ROM. Stock ROM is horrible! GB is so old. Sheesh!

Well since the bootloader is locked it makes thing that much harder. My clockworkmod can work...but since it cannot make backups and reboots randomly... it's not safe to do any sort of ROM flashing in my opinion. Very easy to brick.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#163 whiterabbit

whiterabbit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

I had been trying all kinds of things for a while which is how we can now completely remove the boatware apps from this phone
(I posted instructions earlier in this thread). I ended up bricking 3 of these phones though trying to get it unlocked, booting other roms and various other things so I've taken a break for now. I'll continue soon when I get the chance to get an extra one so I'm not having to take this one back to the store(They didn't like the fact that it kept breaking).

#164 clock32

clock32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Thought you had a work around for me. My problem is that drive is 239 mb which i have 60.4 mb free. The cust,img is 71.1 mb.

Here is an pic of my file sizes in that drive please let me know if there is something wrong on the sizes.
Posted Image

these files only equal 34 mb i am unable to see any other files on this drive. Is it possible to reformat then put the files back?

Hello. I was trying to erase bloatware, and on a stupid move, deleted amss.mbn from phone. Now, appearĀ“s only tmobile first image and freezes screen. Pressing On together with both low and high volume, I see a pink screen, and I can see Image folder. Do you can send me your amss.mbn foldr to try restore mine? Thanks in advance. Phone was already rooted, following this guide.

#165 clock32

clock32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hello. I was trying to erase bloatware, and on a stupid move, deleted amss.mbn from phone. Now, appearĀ“s only tmobile first image and freezes screen. Pressing On together with both low and high volume, I see a pink screen, and I can see Image folder. Do you can send me your amss.mbn foldr to try restore mine? Thanks in advance. Phone was already rooted, following this guide.

Hi! I found a copy on my sd card of this, now I delete Cust.zip to can accomodate amss.mbn, and my phone restart, with same archives as you, and same problem, unable to restore cust.zip to original folder due space issues on it....

#166 whiterabbit

whiterabbit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Try to view hidden files and there should be a folder labled .Trash I think that is a Linux trash can. Delete that and it should free up the space on the drive.

#167 jamonthis

jamonthis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

I am wondering if anyone has tried this.

Follow these steps to unlock Bootloader in your androidPosted Image.
1. Visit Android.com in your Web browser and download the latest version of the Android softwarePosted Image development kit. Extract files from the downloaded file.
2. Download the Fastboot utility from AndroidCentral.com. Extract the file contained in the archive in the "add-ons" folder that is inside the extracted Android SDK folder.
3. Turn off your device. Turn it on while pressing the keys that enable the bootloader mode. Those keys are specific to your device. If you do not know which keys to press to enable bootloader mode on your device, refer to the phonePosted Image manual.
4. Connect your Android device to your computer.
5. Open the command mode in your PcPosted Image. Using the command line prompt commands, navigate to the "add-ons" folder inside the Android SDK directory. The "cd" command allows you to change directories when using the command prompt. For example, to open a directory named "android", type "cd android".
6. Enter "fastboot oem unlock" in the command line prompt window and press the Enter key. Your devicePosted Image will now display a message warning you about the potential issues associated with unlocking the bootloader. Tap on "Yes" if you wish to unlock the bootloader.

seems to simple but maybe that is what we need. Also could this fail and mess up the os or would it just fail.

#168 whiterabbit

whiterabbit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Tried it, doesn't work. I also tried the unlocking program and it bricked.

#169 jamonthis

jamonthis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi! I found a copy on my sd card of this, now I delete Cust.zip to can accomodate amss.mbn, and my phone restart, with same archives as you, and same problem, unable to restore cust.zip to original folder due space issues on it....

I formated the image partition when i got in the bootloader and then i was able to copy the files back. make sure you format it to the same as it is now file format it is now

#170 clock32

clock32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

I formated the image partition when i got in the bootloader and then i was able to copy the files back. make sure you format it to the same as it is now file format it is now

Thanks you! I will try this and report later. Best regards.

Add: oh-la-la... I boot on pink screen, format unit as you stated...create new image folder on it and I can restore all archives to phone...

now, It is restarting flawless... Thanks you!!

#171 UDimgba

UDimgba

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Anybody know where i can find a good ROM? IDK If it's the stock ROM or what but this phone has a mind of its own!

#172 whiterabbit

whiterabbit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

As stated a number of times throughout this thread a custom rom for this device is near impossible. There are people including myself on here that have been working with this phone to get it successfully rooted and remove the bloatware to geth this phone as close to custom as we can right now. I am still in the processof trying to figure out a way to get a fully customized rom on this phone. It's not the most popular phone out there so it may take some time. I can tell you that this is the most popular forum for this phone and has the most information as far as rooting and customizing it so there is a good chance that when a rom does come out for this phone if it does it will be here first. Just keep checking up on here.
  • mattlgroff and alethal like this

#173 Farseli

Farseli

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

I've got that problem with tying to update but not having the bonus apps think and it doesn't want to reinstall properly from the play store. The zip file isn't downloading for me so is there something wrong with the link for it?

#174 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

I've got that problem with tying to update but not having the bonus apps think and it doesn't want to reinstall properly from the play store. The zip file isn't downloading for me so is there something wrong with the link for it?

You aren't the only one with this question. You can find all the links I have here:
http://www.batakang....hp?dir=hwu8680/
  • Rulistic likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#175 Farseli

Farseli

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

Hmm, I try to install it but it doesn't appear anywhere in the app list and I can't get it to run afterwards. If I use Titanium backup it shows up and I can uninstall it again, but otherwise my phoneis acting like it doesn't exist and the update still fails. Is there something I am missing or don't know about how to properly put this back on my phone?

#176 jac6387

jac6387

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

Hmm, I try to install it but it doesn't appear anywhere in the app list and I can't get it to run afterwards. If I use Titanium backup it shows up and I can uninstall it again, but otherwise my phoneis acting like it doesn't exist and the update still fails. Is there something I am missing or don't know about how to properly put this back on my phone?

First you need to download Matt's Stock Apps.zip folder. Then extract the bonusapps.apk file from there. You then need to manua push the file onto your phones system/app folder. You can do this a few different ways. I think I used android commander to browse the phones directories from my pc so I could push the apks that way (though since the boot loader is locked you have to do an extra step to get root access on android commander).

I think another method would be to download the zip file directly onto your phone, then extract the zip and use something like root explorer to move the bonusapps.apk file from the zip file to system/app.

#177 j0hnmatth3w

j0hnmatth3w

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

i followed intructions but stuck on daemon started successfully. what do i do?

#178 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

i followed intructions but stuck on daemon started successfully. what do i do?

USB Drivers installed?
USB Debugging Enabled in Settings > Applications > Development ?
USB cord connected? and tried different cord and ports?

These are the only things that can go wrong here.

#179 davidL

davidL

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

i follow all the steps but my phone still isnt rooted :( any help??

#180 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

i follow all the steps but my phone still isnt rooted :( any help??

Obviously somewhere along the line there were errors on your screen and without them I can do nothing. The root utility should not error... share the errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users