Photo

Using Rsd Lite And Fastboot Files To Go Back To Stock (6.11.744)

How To

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#121 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Does anyone have the rsd file for the Razr Maxx??????

It is the same and will work.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#122 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Allright wow, heart attack time...almost.....I mentioned either here or on another forum that I never had an issue with SBF'ing my D2 and D2G eleventy
billion times, and jinxed myself I think....

Win 7 64 BIT Pro with RSD 5.6 and latest Moto Drivers...

I wanted to ditch the ICS leak and go back to .173. Got everything setup and when I started RSD it would get to step 3 and reboot...and say 'failed'.....

What am I doing wrong here? Or should I say what WAS I doing wrong here? I used Matt's utility to save my rear end, but I'd like to be able to use RSD in the future.

#123 gyana06

gyana06

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Google+:+Yana Glozman

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

One question - ICS doesn't have USB CHARGE ONLY setting or it's just me? Without it I cannot connect my phone without it. Anybody?

#124 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

One question - ICS doesn't have USB CHARGE ONLY setting or it's just me? Without it I cannot connect my phone without it. Anybody?

I used camera (ptp). It worked on matts utility.
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#125 Eusibius2

Eusibius2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'm freakin out now.. I tried this method so I could get the 173 > 181 update. I've done everything as written, but RSD has failed several times. First time it failed at step 4, 2nd time at step 11, then 3rd and 4th times... it hangs on step 1 forever. What do I do now?

#126 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

It doesn't have "Charge Only" because it doesn't need it. Your phone charges regardless of the connection type you have set.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#127 Eusibius2

Eusibius2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

I'm freakin out now.. I tried this method so I could get the 173 > 181 update. I've done everything as written, but RSD has failed several times. First time it failed at step 4, 2nd time at step 11, then 3rd and 4th times... it hangs on step 1 forever. What do I do now?

Ok - it's been 20 minutes on step 1... now what? Rebooting the phone (power + vol up and/or vol dn) will only bring it back to the black screen with AP Fastboot Mode (S), Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0 (which I think is normal). But still - it's not doing anything.... help please?

EDIT - it's been an hour on step one now.

#128 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

If you were on the ics leak .84 then you are SOL but if you were just on .173 or .181 then make sure you havr the latest RSD Lite installed, 5.7

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#129 Eusibius2

Eusibius2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Nope - I wasn't on anything other than a stock / rooted Razr Maxx. I changed the battery icon with ROM Toolbox, which probably was the reason why the update to 181 wouldn't take. I couldn't figure out how to circumvent that.

Otherwise, I had to use Matt's DRU 1.51 to get my phone back working. Thanks anyway.

#130 bryan77

bryan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

So... if we had the full .sbf file instead of the xml and .img files would that solve everyone's problems?

#131 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

It doesn't have "Charge Only" because it doesn't need it. Your phone charges regardless of the connection type you have set.

The phone has always charged when connected to a computer regardless of what option was chosen but I agree with those that miss the option. It may not be needed but at least with the charge only option, you could connect to a computer and just charge while your phone is fully operational. Now, without this option your sd card automatically unmounts from the phone and connects to the computer so your phone is no longer fully functioning. Example....plug phone into computer and then try accessing an app that is stored on the sd card. You can't. To me this is something that they should not have taken out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#132 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

The phone has always charged when connected to a computer regardless of what option was chosen but I agree with those that miss the option. It may not be needed but at least with the charge only option, you could connect to a computer and just charge while your phone is fully operational. Now, without this option your sd card automatically unmounts from the phone and connects to the computer so your phone is no longer fully functioning. Example....plug phone into computer and then try accessing an app that is stored on the sd card. You can't. To me this is something that they should not have taken out.

Oh but you can!

It's not mass storage or camera mode. I think it's MTP or something like that, allows you to access the external sdcard with the USB cable connected.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#133 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

So... if we had the full .sbf file instead of the xml and .img files would that solve everyone's problems?

No. These files ARE basically the sbf files. It is because the bootloader got changed when upgraded to .84 if that's what you are referring to.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#134 6iovanni

6iovanni

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Howdy Matt,

I have a few issues that have been wrapping my brain into pure chaos these last few hours. I'd appreciate any help you can give on the matter. I installed Black Widow ICS on my Droid Razr before ever upgrading from 2.3.5 TO 2.3.6 Gingerbread. The reason I lacked 2.3.6 was I have a device that is not able to do over the air updates. I realize now I could downloaded it off the internet. Anyways my issue stands in that I encrypted my device and afterwards rooted and saved my stock rom through ClockworkMod Recovery. Upon upgrading to ICS I had to do any entire wipe of the sd card and the phone, well I did that. i lost my original rooted stock rom either in the wipe or in the encryption, and am stuck with ClockworkMod as my recovery software. When I try to use Using Rsd Lite And Fastboot Files To Go Back To Stock I cannot because I lack "fastboot" in the CWM Recovery Menu. i am trying the path back to stock found in the link. Thanks for any help, and I appreciate your time.

EDIT: FIXED. HANDLED. SOLVED. Thanks anywho.
For those wondering I used Razr Utility 1.5.1 to restore myself 6.2.1.173 and return to stock 2.3.6

#135 6iovanni

6iovanni

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Any reason I keep getting a looping bootloader? the UI never loads, boot loader just repeats. Anything I can do?

#136 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

Any reason I keep getting a looping bootloader? the UI never loads, boot loader just repeats. Anything I can do?

Sometimes this happens. Two things that usually fix it for me is to simply restart the phone. If that doesn't work than another factory reset/ data wipe usually does the trick.

#137 mytschaef

mytschaef

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationdelaware

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

saved the day, nice work, a noobs savior

#138 mchrisman

mchrisman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUpstate South Carolina

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Failed the first time but the second time was a success! Just an FYI the MotoHelper got stuck at 'Progress' with no 'Result' but the phone rebooted and all was fine. Thanks for the excellent instructions.

#139 BJZWRLD

BJZWRLD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@bjzwrld

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

Worked EXCELLENT! Thank you!!...now to see if I can update from here!
But then what will I do about the fact that verizon is overnighting me a replacement!??!? Geez. Should have tried this yesterday, or even early today. :-/

#140 letal

letal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

its ALIVE!!! thnks 2 u

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: How To

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users