Photo

Using Rsd Lite And Fastboot Files To Go Back To Stock (6.11.744)

How To

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#101 germs

germs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

ive recently tried rsd lite and going through adb and i cant get my phone to quit bootlooping. ive tried everything i know to do. ive flashed all the system, webtop, xt912 files, etc. and im at a loss. it would be great if someone could help. this is the first time ive ever been stumped on a phone. lg optimus.........htc evo......htc evo 3d and a bionic bever battled me this hardly.

#102 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

ive recently tried rsd lite and going through adb and i cant get my phone to quit bootlooping. ive tried everything i know to do. ive flashed all the system, webtop, xt912 files, etc. and im at a loss. it would be great if someone could help. this is the first time ive ever been stumped on a phone. lg optimus.........htc evo......htc evo 3d and a bionic bever battled me this hardly.

Go into stock recovery and do a factory data reset

#103 jeffathammnet

jeffathammnet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Great guide, You saved me. Im a noob to android ROMS and I didn't create a backup of my original rooted phone. I installed the MIUI ICS ROM and was having some problems so I wanted to go back to factory and this worked.

FYI I skipped step 9 and upon bootup it would get to the DROID boot animations and lockup and restart. I let it got about 20 times then It turned the phone off/on and it still looped. Then I rebooted into AP fastboot and went through step 9 and everything worked after that.

THANKS!!

#104 hqa18

hqa18

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

that work on xt910 claro PR motorolla Razor

#105 skittles

skittles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Not quite sure what has happened but RSD won't recognize my razr. I've fastbooted before with no issues but for some reason when I boot into AP Fastboot and connect to my computer my device won't show up. I updated drivers so I know they are correct and I'm using RSD Lite 5.6. Any one have any suggestions?

Nevermind. After sitting in Fastboot for about 10 minutes it finally detected device.

#106 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

After a near heart attack and going into a rage, this walk through is the only thing that saved my phone. Great write up matt, I owe you one.
  • mattlgroff likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#107 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

After a near heart attack and going into a rage, this walk through is the only thing that saved my phone. Great write up matt, I owe you one.

Matt is the man when it comes to fixing our screw ups
  • Thach likes this
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#108 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Matt is the man when it comes to fixing our screw ups

Thats for sure. It almost makes me too comfortable with screwing things up lol
  • The Kid likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#109 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Thats for sure. It almost makes me too comfortable with screwing things up lol

Makes me too comfortable as well!

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#110 croid

croid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

thanks i just got it done very nice instructions

#111 MasterAzunai

MasterAzunai

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+:Dylan Hewlett

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Little bit of a predicament: I've fastbooted before and have a general knowledge of what's going on, but I wanted to flash back to stock so I could try out the leak of ICS. I knew that the 2.3.6 files didn't work, so I found the 2.3.5 files that (I thought) I had used before, and everything looked like it worked fine (1-18, little android getting loaded, etc.), but once it got to the "reboot" stage, it just kept boot looping, and boot looping, and boot looping. After about five minutes of this, a new stage appeared that said "please power on your phone," but since the phone was boot looping, I wasn't really sure what to do with this. I tried both the .744 and .748 versions, and I tried several different sources for all of the files, and every time, the same thing happened. I tried pressing the power buttons, holding the power button, and of course, reflashing, but to no avail. One other interesting thing to add is that when I tried going to the recovery option to do a data wipe, but that took me to the Motorola "M," and then to an android with an exclamation mark underneath it. I have no idea what this means. Also, once the phone dies (it doesn't charge while boot looping) and I plug it back in, it takes me to the little charging icon and charges with no problems. At least I have that on my side.
Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what's wrong or what to do. Any suggestions would be immensely appreciated.

#112 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Little bit of a predicament: I've fastbooted before and have a general knowledge of what's going on, but I wanted to flash back to stock so I could try out the leak of ICS. I knew that the 2.3.6 files didn't work, so I found the 2.3.5 files that (I thought) I had used before, and everything looked like it worked fine (1-18, little android getting loaded, etc.), but once it got to the "reboot" stage, it just kept boot looping, and boot looping, and boot looping. After about five minutes of this, a new stage appeared that said "please power on your phone," but since the phone was boot looping, I wasn't really sure what to do with this. I tried both the .744 and .748 versions, and I tried several different sources for all of the files, and every time, the same thing happened. I tried pressing the power buttons, holding the power button, and of course, reflashing, but to no avail. One other interesting thing to add is that when I tried going to the recovery option to do a data wipe, but that took me to the Motorola "M," and then to an android with an exclamation mark underneath it. I have no idea what this means. Also, once the phone dies (it doesn't charge while boot looping) and I plug it back in, it takes me to the little charging icon and charges with no problems. At least I have that on my side.
Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what's wrong or what to do. Any suggestions would be immensely appreciated.

I can't help with all this problem, but I can tell you that when you go into recovery option and you get the android with the exclamation mark that is the stock recovery. you need to hit the vol + and vol - buttons at same time. this will allow you to select to wipe data.
Utility
Would be nice if this solved all you problems. Maybe someone else can help with the other stuff. I use Matt's Utility.
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#113 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

I can't help with all this problem, but I can tell you that when you go into recovery option and you get the android with the exclamation mark that is the stock recovery. you need to hit the vol + and vol - buttons at same time. this will allow you to select to wipe data.
Utility
Would be nice if this solved all you problems. Maybe someone else can help with the other stuff. I use Matt's Utility.

once you do a data wipe you will be good. Any time you use rsd, you always need to do a wipe.
  • cynnar likes this

#114 MasterAzunai

MasterAzunai

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+:Dylan Hewlett

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that I got it, and thank you for the advice. I don't know how I fastbooted without a data wipe before though...

#115 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

once you do a data wipe you will be good. Any time you use rsd, you always need to do a wipe.

Thanks for the Info DirtyDroidX. I read a post, just after I had posted, that stated almost all problems a due to not doing a wipe. I never really had any problems as I wipe before and after any flashing of any kind.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I got it, and thank you for the advice. I don't know how I fastbooted without a data wipe before though...

Glad you got it working.
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#116 p0k3y

p0k3y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Step 9 saved my bacon today - wanted to RSD to stock to try the ics leak, but it kept boot looping after the RSD. Then I did the wipe as Matt pointed out and presto. I was sweating bullets, thinking that I bricked it. Thanks Matt!

#117 georgegore1990

georgegore1990

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

so far i've followed all the steps exactly and im in the middle of RSD'ing my razr but it seems its locked up at step 12/18 on system.img. its been there for atleast 30-45 minutes. any suggestions??

^ scratch that ^
its working now just moved on to step 13 THANK GOD. haha :]

#118 Dragoneer

Dragoneer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:DeafDragoneer
  • Google+:plus.google.com/100645505158199224873/

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

I'm currently running the leaked ICS without any issues. However, I have just one question... Whenever VZW releases the official ICS via OTA, will it upgrade over the leaked? Or will I have to RSD back to previous version (stock)?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated. :)

#119 BBuchanan

BBuchanan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:vampire_link
  • Google+:http://gplus.to/BBuchanan1013
  • LocationN.Phoenix AZ

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

I am trying to fastboot back so I can do a clean install of the 173 kernel. I have used rsd lite successfully fastboot previously. Today I keep getting an error when I try to load the xml file - it keeps saying there is an input file error, or that the xml format is wrong or is missing images or something like that. I have downloaded the files 2-3 times, reinstalled RSD lite, I can't escape this error. I am following the directions to a T. Any ideas what's going on?

I'm having this issue atm. The full error is:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Now, when I tried to get past a similar software issue on an old captivate, I ended up semi-bricked (for those that don't know, it's between hard brick unrecoverable and softbrick recoverable). I had to send it off and they ended up hooking the board from it a jig to reflash it. So, needless to say, I'd rather post that I'm having an issue than having to send it off to get fixed.
I've downloaded the fastboot files twice, selected the .zip file gave same error. Tried unzipping myself and selecting the .xml file. Same error. At this point the phones not connected to the laptop. I do have Win 7 x64, RSD is run as admin, I do have 4gb of memory. Let me know what to try.
HTC Aria -> Sam. Captivate -> LG Enlighten -> Moto Droid Razr

#120 markturk76

markturk76

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Does anyone have the rsd file for the Razr Maxx??????

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: How To

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users