• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

You dont and wont have any Roms to run. An exploite will be found. We on the retail razr m will not give up the $ for root and roms. Give Root Time Gentalman!!!!!!!
Believe In "Open Source"

#42 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

I do understand some of the reasoning on why they want to cut down on the rooting but I would think there are many like me that root just to get a smoother and more responsive phone. When my wife tells me her phone is running so much better after I rooted it and put a custom ROM on it, it has to be noticeable. She could give a flip as long as facebook and text messaging works.

The part that bothers me is giving up a warranty on the phone. My wife's Razr had the battery just quit working and I had some problems with my Maxx not being able to get 4g service. Both had nothing to do with rooting the phones. If that had happened on a $700 developer version, I would be SOL and have to cough up another $700 for a phone. This is not easy to come up with as it was for me a few years ago before business went south. Correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you get no warranty whatsoever when you buy the phone. My wife's phone had the problem 8-9 months after purchase and mine about 3 months after purchase.

#43 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

If you have a phone you can root now and it works why would someone be angry there is an option to unlock for newer phones? If Verizon pays for your phone they have every right to lock it how they please. If you buy yours off contract from Motorola 'Dev Edition' you do with it what you like. Seems fair to me...

Motorola could have just not released Dev Editions for Verizon and no more DROIDs would be rooted or rommed. Instead they give you an option. That's the rationale behind it.

+1000000000

#44 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

I do believe that there are 3rd party insurance company's that will support any phone.

#45 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

The Phone is set up just like a lease a time period, for 2 years. If I lease a car or lease a house or furnature, under a time frame, I can alter those items any way that I choose. The main point that I want to get accross, is that I should be able to do anything with my phone, I have signed the contracts! For any of the Items mentioned here, Its when I return my car, house, furnature and phone, I am responsible for my choices, and I may need to pay extra charges to get the items back to a condition agreed too! Moto and Verizon should let us make the choice, give us the tools, NOT a Dev Device, we take responsibility for damage or altered devices. Why do you think moto and verizon placed the root tracking in the device. That alone should prove to them that we screwed up our phone, now we need to pay to fix the device. We dont need additional insurance, we need to stop crying when we are called out for messing up the device.
  • canezila likes this
Believe In "Open Source"

#46 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Ok stupid question time. Are you buying them already unlocked, or are you buying them, then going to a motor site to download keys? It seems stupid to offer two phones with the same hardware when they could just send you too a website and get the unlock keys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#47 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Here is the deal if u buy a dev unit you get the phone and go to the moto site. The dev devise transmits its information to the site and then returns a signal to unlock after you except the TOS. The VZW M DOES NOT have the abity to communicate the phones info to the server.

#48 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Pretty much any lock can be picked or broken. Guess will see if it happens.
Posted Image

#49 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Locks don't have massive encryption on partitions ;)

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#50 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

The challange alone, to root the M, will define the skills and ability of of great Developers. An exploite will be found,
  • RzrMike likes this
Believe In "Open Source"

#51 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

The challange alone, to root the M, will define the skills and ability of of great Developers. An exploite will be found,

The thing is, most devs and power users will be going with the Dev model. Verizon has done their best to guarantee this by killing unlimited data. Why should anyone care about taking the time to crack a system that doesn't have any users that would even care about it?

#52 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

The thing is, most devs and power users will be going with the Dev model. Verizon has done their best to guarantee this by killing unlimited data. Why should anyone care about taking the time to crack a system that doesn't have any users that would even care about it?

Things that make you go HMMMMMM.

#53 mrbuilder

mrbuilder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Has anyone heard of any devs buying the Developer model and working on rooting it? I hear all this talk of 'it can be rooted' and 'no it can't'. What I would like to hear is that someone actually has the phone and is working on achieving root.

#54 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Has anyone heard of any devs buying the Developer model and working on rooting it? I hear all this talk of 'it can be rooted' and 'no it can't'. What I would like to hear is that someone actually has the phone and is working on achieving root.

I won a Dev RAZR M from a Motorola twitter contest. Dhacker is getting one through me

P3Droid and CellZealot have them, and P3Droid just won another in the twitter contest.

It's already rooted, with 2 sets of CWM and TWRP recoveries, and now has some leaks pouring in that will greatly help unlocked models get to higher versions of Android ;)
  • canezila likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#55 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

I won a Dev RAZR M from a Motorola twitter contest. Dhacker is getting one through me

P3Droid and CellZealot have them, and P3Droid just won another in the twitter contest.

It's already rooted, with 2 sets of CWM and TWRP recoveries, and now has some leaks pouring in that will greatly help unlocked models get to higher versions of Android

Will these leaks help us Razr/Maxx owners?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#56 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Will these leaks help us Razr/Maxx owners? Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not at all :(

#57 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Quoting jimmydafish:

If you know who is posting this then you know that I know about things. In the dark of the dawn a hero may come to save you all from your own futility. When this savior comes be thankful and heap rewards upon them. A new dawn is approaching Posted Image

That is all for now ;)

#58 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Is THIS the root???

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Proud father of a US Marine

#59 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Is THIS the root???

Looks that way...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#60 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yup :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users