#1 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Fellow members of Droidrzr.com, it is my pleasure to announce a chance for you to get your hands on something we should all have. How many times have you wished that you had a factory cable but have not jumped at the opportunity to get one before things go south? How many of you would love the chance to get one before that next facepalm situation comes along? Well here is your chance to have one of your own. We at Droidrzr.com are giving away 10 TBH Motorola Factory cable adapters to some lucky members.

Now that I know I have your attention, its time for the rules of the game.
1. This contest will close Sunday, September 30,2012 at 11:59pm. All entries after this time will not be counted so get the word out. We will announce the winners Monday, October 1, 2012 at 8:00pm.
2. Tell us something about how the community has helped you out. What about this community (Devs, Mods, SuperUsers, Members) has really made it home for you. Are there any members of the site that you would like to give a shout out to for helping you out? Let us hear that too. Be honest, creative, NICE! lol
3. Upon notification of winning, please provide your REAL NAME and address through PM so that we can get these sent out promptly.

WINNERS CAN BE FOUND IN THE THREAD

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This cable should be compatible with all P2K type Motorola devices with a Micro B USB connector (which is just about everything you'd want to mess with).
Some specific examples:
  • Xoom
  • Atrix
  • Droid X
  • Droid 2
  • Droid 2 Global
  • Droid Pro
  • Droid Pro Global
  • Droid 1
  • V9m
  • Napoleon
  • Kindle Fire
  • Droid Charge
  • Droid Razr
  • Droid Bionic
  • Droid 3
  • Droid Razr Maxx
  • Droid Razr M
  • Droid Razr HD
  • Droid Razr Maxx HD
If you want more info on these adapters, you can visit

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • mugsy77 likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#2 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

This site gave me a home and a family i could call my own

*cries sobs and has a great big smile on my face*
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#3 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

This site has helped me flourish into the Android tech that I am today. I have a lot of people to thank for that but too many to list. If I had to name 1 person that has helped me more than anyone else, AND be honest about it. It would have to be my wife, who hasn't complained 1 time about me being glued to the computer for hours and hours while building, theming, or just hanging out in chat. She's constantly telling me to not give up and constantly pushing me to be better and learn more. She actually sends me emails with Android news and tech stuff, love that woman!

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  • andlaw likes this

#4 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

The biggest thing I love about this site is the chat room. While I can't dev and rarely need help fixing a problem, I love to log in just to chat, make jokes, discuss anything and have fun. 24v and I even started the answer to the Rescue Squad I call the "Razr Brick Squad". Brian and House helped me create my first boot ani. I don't get booted enough by Vtk :P. Matt shares my love of hatred for vzw and has helped me on a few occasions. In turn I've helped several folks fix their phones when others weren't around. I actually bricked my razr recently (low bat flash) and need a factory cable. I have picked up an S3 but will always call this place home and these folks friends.

#5 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

This community inspired me to become a developer and give back to the community who has done so much for me in the past. If it weren't for this awesome community, i wouldn't be the developer i am today. Day in and day out, i am being inspired to do even more. Thank DroidRzr and all of my fellow members.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#6 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

I got my first Android phone, the Droid Razr for my birthday on December 7th 2011. At that point in my life I wasn't very experienced with technology, I didn't know about any of this, and at that point didn't want to know.
I didn't know about Android.
I didn't know about rooting.

How I got into Android is that some of the older guys in my carpool were talking about Android and rooting, it piqued my interest to say the least. At some point after that i rooted my Razr, I remember we were on 2.3.6 at that point. Boom, hard bricked my first Razr after flashing a CWM recovery that wasn't for the Razr and than flashing some thing with ROM Manager. Unfortunately I didn't know anything about this site at that point.

I'm going to be honest, being ignorant, and being panicked, I used the warranty to get a new Razr, and was just happy I wasn't caught in my fraud. Note that I don't condone or approve of that behavior, and looking back on it I feel ashamed for doing it.

Anyway I got into flashing ROMs and with my second Razr, using bootstrap, I naturally bricked my Razr. That's when I found out about this site, I downloaded mat's utility, got some errors when trying to use it immediately went into the chat, and luckily Matt was there and got me through it, he is the reason I am where I am! From there, I got into ROMing, modding and the like. I became very active on XDA, but after a while I couldn't stand the arrogance, entitlement, and just lack of experience everywhere from many people. So I moved here.

The good stuff didn't come until about April 2012, when I registered to this site, I started learning how to script, very slowly, I started to look for the file paths of this code in this thread:

I converted that code to a script and added my own tweaks to it, resulting in this:

I later started to make my own ROM that would eventually turn into Flick.

And were here now, I've learned an immense amount, scripting, kernels, graphics, Linux, too much to name! All from this community.

I want to give shout outs to the following people for being awesome and for helping me along the way:

Hashcode
dhacker
Kebob
Matt
tucstwo
BigDaddyHicks
jp1044
nitroglycerine33
EmericanX
vtwinbmx
2tealth
DSGMach
andlaw
HouseMD
Thach
brees75
Aliceics
VantenKiest

Many others that I have most likely forgotten.

I used this as an opportunity not only to get a free factory cable, but also to tell my story.

Thank you.

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#7 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

This community has helped me down the road to being a crack flasher on my first droid! Specifically matt and lenny for getting me to brave flashing a rom for the first time and walking me through what I needed to do so I kept a working phone!

The community has also been inspiring me to want to start tinkering more and more with my phone, and I'm starting to try reteaching myself all the coding from school way back and hopefully start giving back to the all the great people here at some point!

#8 Daino92

Daino92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Google+:chrisdaino@gmail.com
  • LocationFort Collins
  • Current Device(s):SCH-1535

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

This site has helped me become part of a community. I have really grown here with my knowledge of the razr and am looking forward to becoming family. This is by far the most member oriented site out there and its great!

#9 darkblood1219

darkblood1219

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

I've been coming to this site since i first got my razr maxx. I've always hacked my android phones, even though I generally have no idea what I'm doing. I was looking for a rom and wound up in the chat room while looking at KOA. Hicks happened to be there and heard me complain about beats audio (I didn't know he developed KOA). He took it out and sent me a rom without it. He showed me how to get started and helped me with any problems I had. Mattlgroff also helped me out with all the questions I could possibly have, along with Gerland. I updated to ICS and then to JB with their help. Honestly, without them, I'd most likely be running gingerbread. Thanks BigDaddyHicks, Gerland and Mattlgroff!

#10 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

I would have never found my passion for Android if it wasn't for this site. Everyone is a big family and so helpful. Hashcode and Dhacker29 especially took me under their wing and answered questions I had, let me test their early builds, etc. and it was a huge help to me. Now I have big plans for learning more about Android development and hope what I've been able to bring to the table is enough to repay what knowledge and time I've taken from the staff and developers here. Thanks to DirtyDroidX for giving me a chance, and to everyone else who have played a part in my rising from noob who didn't know what root was to what I am today (I kind of know what root is I guess?). Kebob for his work on Arctic 215 and the DROID HD series of roms, couldn't have done it without him. Papi for his work on the original Arctic 211-214, his build.prop tweaks are awesome. Gary Hicks and gerland for listening to my rants and being there to test my crap when I couldn't.

I gave my factory-style cable to gerland when he was in need and now that I'm getting a new Motorola with a non-removalable battery (RAZR i ) I'll be needing a factory-style again :)

Good luck to everyone and if I didn't mention you I still love you and probably forgot/and or didn't want to write a large novel about it.
  • Gerland the Oracle likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#11 jkfsr

jkfsr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Xoom 4g, droid 3

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

This site always has the answers for my razr . Why go anywhere else?

#12 texbuck

texbuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

I'm more of a lurker than a poster on this site, but there have been several times y'all have saved my er uh phone from total obliteration. The utilities and roms found here might be found somewhere else, but why waste the time searching when all the answers are conveniently here in one place.

Thanks again to all,

texbuck

#13 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

Instead of going to 5 different sites trying to find an answer or find current ROMS scattered around, this site is the go-to site of 'em all. Have a sense of community here and gives me the sense of trying to help others out instead of just finding what I need and not contributing.

#14 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

Simply put: because we are fam-a-lee.

Where else could one go to get all the right information needed and enjoy the company of good people with the same intresests.
99% of what you need to find is already here on the this site the 1% that isn't here, someone on this site will find it for you.

If they can't find that one thing to help you with just shine the bat light into the sky and help is always on it's way. :)

#15 jsmilie

jsmilie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

This site has helped me keep my Razr alive!

#16 eldiente206

eldiente206

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Unicorns and rainbows. That pretty much sums up my feelings.

#17 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

I'll toss my chance in.

I'll break it down into two areas. First being this site in general. I was a late comer to the RAZR but once I picked one up I figured why not dive into a site that was based around it! I can't stress enough that I'm happy I did. DroidRzr honestly probably the best forum I've ever been to! Everyone here just seems to get along so well.. which leads to far less drama. Tack on to that the mods and admin of the site are the most receptive and involved I've ever dealt with. I'll just say it took over a year to change my username at another!

The second part of what I wanted to talk about is the android community in general. There are a lot of great folks out there! From TBH which has always been in the forefront of bringing us things such as leaks and ways to repair our devices after we had missed a step! Lol. That said there's no way I could say any of this without mentioning a few folks directly. DroidJunk, Dhacker, and NitroGlycerine! Each have been extremely helpful to me at one point or another and continue to listen to my bickering when I get stuck! That alone I say thanks. With all of the ups and downs along with the inherent drama in the community... there are still great people out there!

Thanks for making a great place available and keep up the great work folks! And that's to everyone!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#18 Guest_rgocal_*

Guest_rgocal_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

Il be aunest here. I thought this site at "first" was another one of those fanboy made android sites but I was dead wrong. My home is generally phandroid but For the past month, I starting to understand why people generally spend their time here at Droidrzr. I am a developer yes but when it comes down to developing, usually I release a rom or a software and grand, slam, bam; the users download it, thank me, and run. But here...Here the community gets excited over new developers hanging around, the Mods support everyone and not themselfs, the flashers support their developers, and developers "fist pump" each other. Its nice to see a community working together and grow fast! Altho I havnt spent much time on this site, I will be now with the Support Ive recieved on my rom release here at Droidrzr.com. I released my first droid razr rom at phandroid (no big deal) I announced it here and the amount of bandwidth it took to provide users the rom killed some of my mirrors 0.0 A 20 user download went to over 100 in hrs?

All Im saying is this. Keep up what your doing because a community like this is hard to find.

#19 bogginblazer

bogginblazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

welp i would have to thank all or the dev here on the site for making all the cool stuff we all love to flash

VantenKiest has been a great help to me personaly. when i came from my DX to the razr i had to idea how to work this site at all he walked me thru the site

gave me links and is just an all around cool guy just to chat with. we both have spent manny hrs just bsing in the chat thats also how i started talk to

mattlgroff.

mattlgroff is another guy that has helped with with my many many many soft bricks. he is cool as hell also. but dont bother him while hes working lol.

dang collage kids. he has givin me info about android and it interor workings that i would of never found out other wize. also another guy who is fun to shoot

the $#!7 with. i wish i still had a moto if i do win this mofo VantenKiest and mattgroff have got a got something coming to them for all there help and support and

patience that thaey have shown me and every one eles on this site

also after talkin to these 2 fine gentlemen im going to go to collage to get in to game and android dev all thanks to this hobbie thanx to every one :)
  • BytecodeMe likes this

#20 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

This site provided a community to answer questions, learn and help each other. Of the people here Matt has been the biggest help to me. I want to thank all of the great developers here and the awesome community. This site has also given a home to our brethren and their Bionics as well. This place is awesome!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users