#41 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

I want to say thank you to all the nice members since i joined especially Big Daddy. He's really helped me alot on my Razor Maxx with issues i have. He taught me how to install 215 leak but it didn't help me but i learned how to do that. I'm just a mechanic i don't know nothing about rooting or anything lol but he has taught me alot so has RickW to. I'm glad i joined you guys are awesome and every one is nice to me. Every one helps each other out also like new ideas or information. Keep up the good work with this site. In my mind this site is number #1 in my book and it getting better every day. Thanks to all of you making me feel welcome!!!

#42 scottbreak

scottbreak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

I was a HTC owner for many years, and was nervous about switching. I joined here, and was convinced that the community was strong, and would provide solid info for me to get the most from my Droid RAZR Maxx. Cheers!

#43 medic

medic

It's not my blood....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGhent
  • Current Device(s):Bionic 16gb, Nexus 7

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Not one specific dev, but the Bionic community at large. They are pushing the envelop with this red headed step child of a phone. And a special shout out to WWW.droidrzr.com for giving us Bionic owners a home and a forum. Thank you.

Wooohoooo, Jelly Belly!

#44 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

I could write a paper about all of the help I've gotten from members on this site. Without this site I would have never even gotten started building themes. As I flashed more roms and got deeper into trying new things with my phone I became more interested in making my own theme. Luckily for me mopar57 posted a fantastic guide to using apkmanager which got me started with basic decompiling, editing images, and compiling apk's. Then BigDaddyHick posted his guide on apktool to decompile and compile ICS apk's which when combined with mopar57's guide gave me all the tools that I still use now to build my themes.

At that point I set off working on my first theme for Black Widow. Over the course of those next few weeks I spent pretty much all of my free time doing research on xml edits, .9.png files, editing images, making xml edits, and flashing small changes to see just exactly what was different and what didn't(force closed lol). I had help from people like andlaw, who helped me out through TeamViewer, and 24v, without him I still wouldn't know how to theme a keyboard. Mattlgroff was always in the chat to help answer my random questions. Every theme builder here has been an inspiration for me and I love seeing what they come up with, because I feel that seeing what they can do pushes me to want to better my own themes.

I have not ran across the first person on this site who was anything less than encouraging and always willing to provide help. It isn't just one person who makes this a home, it is the whole community here. Everyone from the devs to the staff here that keep this place from getting out of control.

There is many more names I could list here that have made this place home and I'm sorry if I forgot you.

Posted Image

#45 painandpleasure

painandpleasure

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

I love that I used tips I saw here to get my razr upgraded to maxx from Verizon and that I won a otterbox commuter from shizumie (sp? Sorry I'm on phone) when I got maxx I gave the other case to a buddy. I am getting my defender otterbox replaced by warranty and might do my own contest since it's for og razr and the community here is awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX. "This we'll defend"

#46 MonkeyMouth

MonkeyMouth

Boot Logo Master

• Superuser
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:Adriano.Badilla@gmail.com
  • LocationLaveen, Arizona
  • Current Device(s):DROID ULTRA

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

This community has helped my soo much. From helping me root to keeping me up-to-date with the lastest RAZR news. I have made this site my home and second family. I have been accepted by the many people on here. matt, rick, Alex, 24, and...... pinoy. Each one helping me, needing me, or otherwise making me laugh.
I have rooted and modded each one of my phones. And I am thankful that this site is adopting new devices to their forums list. Because I plan to stay here with the community. No matter what phone I currently use.

Posted Image

Yet again. It isn't nessacary. But if you like my work or just want to be generous. Buy me a Monster. So I can stay up:P

Posted Image

#47 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

This community has helped me in many ways! Just a few would be the great people i have met, help fixing my phone when i thought it was done for, and again, the people! A few people have really made this site home for me, just a few would be matt, vtwin, 24v, and more. I would like to make a shout out to matt (for spending so long helping me save my phone), vtwin for letting me work with him and teaching me so many things about developing, 24v for teaching me the basics of theming and how to make keyboards, and many other people i have met! There's just plain too many people to mention. Android modding has given me a fun thing to do when I'm not doing college stuff or playing guitar. Another aspect of modding that i enjoy is having the opportunity to bring that many more options for people to choose from whether it may be a keyboard, or a whole theme. I love helping people when they get stuck on something and are the brink of giving up, because i have been there many times. The people i have met on here have also given me the biggest benefit of all, giving me something to do and someone to talk to to keep my mind off of my health issues, and i can't thank them enough for that!

Good luck to everyone else entering!
  • vtwinbmx likes this

#48 k9nikita

k9nikita

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have enjoyed this forum since I found it because it has given me many options on making my maxx just what I want instead of what big red thought I should have. The other part of that is the Dev/supporters here have also helped me fix what I have screwed up as well (HUGE THING!) so with that Devs, keep up the great work!

#49 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 Verizon

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

this is a great community glad to be apart of it i would like to thank emericanx, 24v, tucstwo, thach for all the help on flashing roms i would like to especially thank tucstwo for really being there for me always talking to me on gtalk walking me through steps talking to me like i am 2 year old so i can understand he has been a great help to me and i am sure to lots of others thank you for letting me be apart of this community i look forward to learning lots more about android and even maybe get into theming thank you all for everything

#50 coggy9

coggy9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

The community has helped me enjoy my RAZR as much as I did my Thunderbolt running AOSP. We may not have fully working custom kernels, but the devs have gotten Jelly Bean 90% functional, and IMO, only a few small bugs remain in the the stock kernel builds. I look forward to seeing what they can do with a custom one.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#51 ssgtlaatz

ssgtlaatz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Have to tell ya.. this site has saved my tail more than a few times. I just finished OTA to 4.0.4... I was having trouble getting the rooted 2.3.6 to OTA program/upgrade. After having a VERY EASY time locating the information on how to do the update and root, I am rockin!

I have also been able to help many of my friends/clients recover data and save their phones from "bricked" state. I love this site and have been awed at the number of very helpful people. People that not only moderate the site, but the public that help!

Thanks All...

That cable would help me in my quest for cellphone supiriority! :)

#52 Djojorahardjo

Djojorahardjo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

From this site i can get almost everything about razr xt912, that i cant found in other site. Really help me when first time i get bootlooped on razr. Thank you so much for site n developer n all of member this site

Sent from my HS-E910 using Tapatalk 2

#53 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

lets start from the beginning shall we?! I purchased my OG RAZR coming from my OG DROID on 11-11-11. patiently waited until root became available. from there i went searching online and came across XDA (which was pretty dry for xt912 development), so i continued searching and i stumbled upon DroidRZR.com. I got myself rooted, and installed bignadads ICS theme for gingerbread.. instantly becoming intrigued in learning to theme, i started hanging out in the chat room.. where i met a bunch of cool cats. (lenny, coryjohn, mattgroff, nubia and multiple others). Soon after root became available, more and more ROMS started to become available, and i became a crackflasher! at the time bootstrap was the only supported method (safestrap was there just not as popular yet) and of course with that, i got ahold of a bad file and bricked.. Mattlgroff came to the rescue, as did DDX when it came time to help me get my phone back up and going.... from there and what experience i had just learned, i hung out in chatroom and began to help others with the same problem i know knew how to help fix. After chilling in chat for months, and wanting to get more involved in android development, i began to closely follow Dhacker and his earlier ICS builds, i started making batteryMods for all of the gummy, axiom, and aokp builds so we could have 1% system readouts with a new look (i came up with Roboto batteryBar). After getting back into java and relearning linux, i hooked up with dhacker on gtalk and started following threads on xda on how to compile ics from source~ dhacker was kind enough to help me through figuring out github, and from there i have come out with multiple ROMs, 1 for GB ics, 3 for ICS, and now 2 for JB. Also need to throw out a big thanks to Mopar, 24v, and Wulf for the help learning apktool and for tricks/tips of how to theme! I noticed through all the months that this place was more of a home than just another forum board. I have made quiet a few good friends here through the chat, and thats why i love this place! people like lenny, gary, matt, and many others make this place like home, where we all have the common interests, of helping one and other out and having fun with our android devices! Again, was a good time to get how i started out there, and throw recognition to the people who have helped me out along the way~ i know i may have missed names, and im sorry.... its been a long (near year), but without further ad-due...... BW FTW 808BoyZ

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#54 Zeklandia

Zeklandia

Developer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Twitter:@Zeklandia
  • Google+:+Asher Wood
  • LocationThe Internet
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

After spending a lot of time at Rootzwiki, I found that this site had the best support community, the best ROM's, the best resources, and the best developers. Everyone was always willing to help, and I especially, having soft-bricked with a low battery, have continuously asked for assistance or instructions just trying to get my phone to work again. Everyone here interacts with each other really well, making it really easy to find something, or fix something. When I need help, or want to check for updates on a ROM or mod, I come here first, knowing that if I don't find it, somebody else will help me.
  • Zeklandia likes this

Asher Wood
Linux, Android, Java, C/C++ Developer.
Google+ | Github

#55 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Of all the Android friendly resources I have come across in my short time involved with such, This site has by far come to the forefront of communal based Adroid related development. More than that though it is a place for me to come and unwind. I have only been a member for a short while, but in that time I feel like I have made friends with a couple people that I will take with me throughout the rest of my life. I would like to give a special shout out to VantenKiest for all the help he has given me. Lenny(VK) is truley an indesposable asset to not only this website but android in general.

With so many sites out there competing for a devoted user base I place droidrzr.com on a pedastal above the rest. Any chance i get I plug this site and point potential Android inductees in this direction. I am very proud(and I mean this with 100% sincereity) to be a part of this site, The RAZR Rescure Squad specifically and couldnt imagine my mobile handeset being anything other than an Android product.

I would also like to give a shout out to our resident superhero the one, the only Matt Groff. His work in creating the multiple Utiltities that we use on a daily basis should quite literlly come with a disclaimer that reads: "WARNING, Miracles may follow" I can not tell you the releif I found when learning that my phone wasnt FUBARED and that it would be a matter of a few simple steps to get it back up and among the living. For his infinite amount of patience and an almost all knowing persona I have come to regard as a place safety especially in chat. lol how many of us love coming in to chat seeing that happy red jacket Matt and others have on thinking" Oh, thank God I can fix my phone now"

Few people can comprehend what goes in to making a site and on a more literal level a community with the amount of integrity and non biased support found in every forum posted. I think it goes to show what we are really capable of in the long run if we keep our ears to the ground and our hearts open to what really matters to us all in life.

Cheers to all among the deserving, and among the loyal alike.

Hero_Indeed over and out!
Posted Image

#56 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

I have unpinned this thread for a more important and urgent announcement

Sent from my Motorola Xyboard

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#57 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

#58 n00dle

n00dle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

I would like to say how the community helped me, but I posted a HELP thread on Friday and have not had a single reply!
I'm sad. ..
Sign me up for the giveaway anyway??
Edit: OK, I've used Matts utilities a few times, Big Thanks to him,.. and I appreciate whoever leaks the leaks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#59 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

I would like to say how the community helped me, but I posted a HELP thread on Friday and have not had a single reply!
I'm sad. ..
Sign me up for the giveaway anyway??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sorry for late reply to your post,you can check it now,it's hard scanning all the threads,again sorry for slow response

#60 lightsword

lightsword

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 VZW

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

I've been more of a follower of this forum for months and I've been thankful for everyone's advice and tutorials. I can't begin to thank everyone, but I'm specifically thankful to the developers: Mattlgroff, BigDaddyHicks, Bytecode, Papai, Emericanx, Kebob, and all the others I've forgotten about :D. I'm getting ready and gathering info to start building my first ROM. This community is so supportive and amazing. Thank you all for your guidance and advice :D.

Lightsword

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users