60 replies to this topic

#21 tracerfett

tracerfett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

I purchased my first Android device back in December 2011 (The Droid Razr). I had heard (and read) about how much more power you can get from a rooted + custom rom phone, but I had no clue where to even begin.

Being a computer technician by nature, I'm no stranger to forum communities. I have to say this is by far the most close-nit and helpful community I've come across and I'm proud to call myself a member. I can't say my contributions have been tremendous thus far, but because of everyone here, I've been greatly inspired to start learning my own coding and development, and hope to one day (preferably sooner rather than later) give back to this community as a dev as well. I've learned so much because of the people here!

#22 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

Il be aunest here. I thought this site at "first" was another one of those fanboy made android sites but I was dead wrong. My home is generally phandroid but For the past month, I starting to understand why people generally spend their time here at Droidrzr. I am a developer yes but when it comes down to developing, usually I release a rom or a software and grand, slam, bam; the users download it, thank me, and run. But here...Here the community gets excited over new developers hanging around, the Mods support everyone and not themselfs, the flashers support their developers, and developers "fist pump" each other. Its nice to see a community working together and grow fast! Altho I havnt spent much time on this site, I will be now with the Support Ive recieved on my rom release here at Droidrzr.com. I released my first droid razr rom at phandroid (no big deal) I announced it here and the amount of bandwidth it took to provide users the rom killed some of my mirrors 0.0 A 20 user download went to over 100 in hrs?

All Im saying is this. Keep up what your doing because a community like this is hard to find.

Had to +1000 this lol

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#23 mtbrgeek

mtbrgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Twitter:mtbrgeek
  • LocationFor Twain, In Diana

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

What can i say? The site has taken in ALL of us Bionic refugees like were family. Were helped and loved by those that help and love.. and were scorned and mocked by.. Pinoy.... I cant ask for more!!

(though clearly im asking for one of these adapters!!)
HOBite running .247 .246

#24 Torito

Torito

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

This site has helped me find a helpful community that I can reach out to. Knowledge is power and this site is great for sharing! Ironically enough, I stumbled upon this site when I bricked my phone and the battery was dead. I read a lot about TBH and their cables but they were out of stock. I am pretty much hardwired to my phone and needed for it to be fixed ASAP. I couldn't wait for them to become available. After 3 days of reading posts on droidrzr.com I was able to charge my phone and continue the unrooting, and installing a rom process. This site rocks. I check it daily, religiously! ;)

#25 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

Without this site, I would be completely bored with my phone.The development here is the best. Tools like the Razr utility and exclusive roms make this site something special.

I'd like to thank hashcode, dhacker, mattlgroff, Hicks, EmericanX and the rest of the developers for this great place.

Now, I think I'm gonna flash a new rom...

#26 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

I love this site, it has shown me a whole new hobby. The utilities and ways to customize my phone to show my personality off.

I have had a huge amount of help from mattlgroff!

Thanks all!

#27 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Count me in!!! Big thanks to MattlGroff for all his help when I first got my Razr Maxx getting it rooted and updated to ICS. :D

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#28 Jdubsfor20

Jdubsfor20

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

I started out with the T-mobile G1, then the MT3G, and the Cliq. The good old days when nothing was locked down :) I knew nothing at the time about Android, or the G1 I had just picked up, therefore resulting in many dead batteries from being stuck somewhere not able to boot from a bad flash, or for some reason or another. A cable like this would have been nice back then, as I spent many, many long nights noticing the sun had already come up just trying to get my phone up and running again in some hairy situations...battery dependent of course.

Since then, I've come to vzw and got the unlimited data plan and was stoked to start modding my first moto phone which was the droid X, which is still in use (not by me, but still in my house). I then realized that everything on vzw was locked down. That's what I get for not doing my research ahead of time. :(

Then I picked up a refurb'd Bionic about a year ago for like 80 bucks through vzw's website, which I'm still currently using.

Over the weekend, I just put my mom on the OG Droid running 2.3.6 oc'd to 1.0ghz. That phone is a beast, and will not stop.

I also own an acer a500 tablet, but that doesn't relate to the contest for this cable... :)

I've gone through many websites (starting out at xda because of the G1) learning what I know now, which isn't much compared to some, but I know enough to get me through things and if not, I'll do my research and ask around to figure things out. I was on Droidhive for my bionic home, but when that site died, I migrated here, not because a majority of droidhive did, but I really enjoyed the same atmosphere and environment this community had created and also welcomed us lost bionic users, as opposed to some other sites that are around. It's friendly and incredibly helpful in every situation I have come across, and for that, I thank you guys, because this is where I have come to stay and mod my moto devices.

#29 gdfnr123

gdfnr123

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Wow! there are just too many awesome devs at droidrzr! They've helped me with data problems, battery life, display, and a whole lot more! I check the forums everyday, well let me be honest every two hours on whether the custom rom i've installed on my rzr has an update. I hated moto so much for locking the bootloader. I was also willing to trade the razr maxx for a g-nex until these awesome devs have managed a way to salute a middle finger towards (ㅗ (-_+) ㅗ) Moto and work on roms we memebers thought were impossible. Mad respect towards the devs who have stayed up late nights in order to fix bugs reported by members; especially to benefit the android scene. I can't even imagine how boring the android world would be without these brilliant devs. Thank you! Ya'll have my respect! By the way great giveaways!

Shot-outs to
koush
Hashcode
dhacker
Kebob
vtwinbmx
nitroglycerine33
Matt
and every one out there on the forums!

#30 ax562

ax562

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

So this is my first android phone (Bionic bought on release week) and smart phone lol. I was originally one of the droidhive members that came on over during the floods. droidrzr.com has a lot of knowledgeable people that have voices unlike some irc channels. It feels like a dev community mostly especially in the ipchat room. There are a lot of people with knowledge in there that most of the time are willing to help. If people aren't in the mood, sometimes I just sit back and learn from others conversations. I've deved a rom (soon to be released) and come up with multiple original tweaks and a lot of it has to be credited to the more experienced droidrzr.com members. Thank you.

#31 lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

This site has helped me root my Maxx and install a custom ROM (Artic HD).

Luke

Razr Maxx

#32 flashman2002

flashman2002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

I think most of the members on here have been very helpful. The Dev's have done wonders to work on what is a difficult device to dev for. Matt, Hicks, and many others are always willing to help out and give information. If anything, those guys and other dev's deserve this because of how much abuse they put their own phones through.

#33 perfoliate

perfoliate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

I'll keep this short and to the point. I e been a member of a lot of android sites over the last few years and the best thing about this site is the willingness of members to help ALL of its members and to keep the drama out more so than any other site I frequent!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#34 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

I never enter these things, but that adapter is red and shiny, so I want one this time. :D
I joined this site when I bought my first Razr.
I had not yet even ever rooted a phone, and had no clue what a rom or theme was. It just seemed like a cool site with other people that had the same phone. I had been on a few of the other less device specific forums and found apps and stuff, and I was just starting to want to customize my phone more.

The people on this forum were so helpful with teaching others what they knew. There was no fear of being wrong like on other forums. If someone knew a better way, they would come along and share it without insulting the guy who did it differently. This is what makes DroidRzr.com different. This is what we have to strive to keep.

Because of this forum, I can now make themes, help others with issues, kick VK from chat, and I have even started getting deeper into the apps, and trying to learn about rom building, etc.

I try to share the knowledge I have gained from this place as much as possible. The amount of themers, and rom developers that hang out here is astounding.

Man, it sure is a good time to own a Razr, or Bionic.

If I made a list here of all the people I have to thank, there would be no more posts on this page.
Thanks to all of DroidRzr.com.
  • vtwinbmx likes this

#35 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

Since I think all of us have way too many people to list I'll just list the first group of people who helped me out:

Vantenkiest - For making me want to puke blood, and helping me with misc. stuff I guess
Matt - For helping me through my first panicky bootloop, and always being in the chat/Gtalk/SMS to talk about random tech crap
Arcane - Who Teamviewer'ed me because my dumb rear end couldn't figure out how to get SS installed.

But most importantly, I need a factory cable because if I don't the Technoviking will beat me. Probably all you as well. Beware.

:-D :-D

#36 tr1dent

tr1dent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

This forum has helped me so much find. With unbricking my droid razr and finding some really great roms!

#37 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

Ok guys,wulf told me about this site long ago.I started reading everything i could find here a week before i got my maxx,ran into a snag with matt's utility and found my way to chatroom.There i meet andrew(HouseMd)who logged me on teamviewer and fixed my problem.(I'm forever grateful for his help).Since then i try to help anyone i can.I almost live in chatroom trying to give back if i can.I have meet some great friends,24v,brian,matt,vk,bigdaddy,bytecode,listen,rob,the list just goes on and on.I wouldn't be here without there're help,now it's my turn-Thank you all-you too thach,lol------PS:been trying to boot 24 out of here,but it's not working,lol,i'll catch him in chat

#38 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Droid Razr has helped me link to many of the android great minds. This community is the best and has helped countless others and suplied most of the greatest and newest information on motorola and android. and i have helped many myself in the past.
Posted Image

#39 YouthD

YouthD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:YouthD

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Coming over with the Bionic community, this community accepted us and gladly transferred everything over. I'm so glad to call this forum my permanent home for all ROMS and if I need help. Thanks for making this site what it is.

#40 QuickSkope

QuickSkope

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

This community has really been awesome to me. If ever im in need of help, I come into chat and theres a web of people ready to catch me as im falling. Without this site, I think id probably be 1000$+ in the hole (Heck, Without Matt I think id be 1000$+ in the hole :P). Whenever I have a question to ask, theres not a single bit of hate; No negativity, No "Wow really you dont know that, are you stupid?" comments, and everyone suggests things that can even better my skills.

From the time I started here less than a month ago, ive been accepted, and ive met some great people. Im starting to reciprocate with people who come into chat, helping to the best of my abilities. Aswell, Im going to donate very shortly after posting this. I hope this site grows and expands to help plenty more people like me :).

Thanks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users