206 replies to this topic

#181 adroid_phan

adroid_phan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Tucstwo, great work! I must admit that I've tried other ROMs for my Droid Razr running AOKP JB and yours is by far the most suitable for my phone. I like the wicked boot animation and the UI changes to the settings menu. Awesome work! I also want to thank you for including an OTA Updater with your ROM. I believe that's top grade developing if you're including an OTA Updater since it makes it much easier for us to stay up-to-date with your work.

But I did want to throw a bug out there. For some reason my Youtube tries to play videos but the app just tries to load the video and I get the error "there was a problem while playing. Touch to retry." Has anyone else seen this? I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

-AP

#182 thrasher194

thrasher194

http://androidn00b.com/

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:Thrasher194@gmail.com
  • LocationNorthCarolina, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola G4 Play (xt1609)

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

yea dude the new boot screen its awesome! i've been driving this rom for a few days now... its very clean and smooth.. and i've been rawking it at 1325mhz. w/ no over heating... pagasusq and sio! Battery life its pretty decent too... roughly 14hrs of heavy use.

#183 Stealthyscooby

Stealthyscooby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Tucstwo: thanks again for your help with the links!! got the rom loaded and rocking! great rom! my first AOKP too ha ha

#184 Jackson1536

Jackson1536

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Is anybody else having charging issues?

#185 kreep22

kreep22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

I can not download the overclock zip, says bad page or it's down. Can someone please send me the 1325 and 1200 zips please

#186 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

anyone have excessive battery drain? I was out of charge after 11 hours. something is eating ram and draining the batt.

#187 adroid_phan

adroid_phan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Yes, I've seen excessive battery drain. It seems that it occurs when you start heavily using the phone with everyday stuff like texting, youtube (doesn't work), browsing or something, like coming back from your app drawer. I've also seen my phone heat up a lot. Lagging is also a concern after heavy use. Hopefully there's a new build for us to test. if you OC your phone you'll also will drain your battery much sooner despite using the CPU sleeper.

But by far this is my favorite JB ROM for my droid razr! Happy flashing!

#188 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

This ROM has definitely shown the most promise for me, and I love using it. I just hope that future builds will fix the battery drain and charging issues (and camera flash would be nice). Thanks for your hard work, devs!

#189 thrasher194

thrasher194

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#190 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

I flashed this just this morning and having all kinds of issues. Battery overheating to 109 degrees, lags galore when opening apps or changing screens using the back button, the camera would open but the capture screen was black (fixed doing a data wipe). Lost 50% battery in 2 hrs of almost none use except to reload a few apps from playstore. When trying to reboot using the power button the screen was flashing on and off like it had a mind of it's own. Had to do the three finger salute to shut it down. Never touched any govenor or I/O settings.

I'd really like to give this ROM another go but I'm afraid the battery may explode lol.Going back to unsafe side to charge battery and then do another full wipe on the safe end.

EDIT: Since many haven't had these issues I'm assuming it's something on my end... but what it is I haven't a clue.
Posted Image

#191 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Great work tucstwo! I flashed Scalpelv1 CM10 UNOFFICIAL and it is by far the best JB rom I have used! Everything works that I need especially Bluetooth. Your hard work here on droidrazr on these roms is so greatly appreciated. I for one now understand that countless hours that go into developing. Keep up the great work and can't wait to see what's next!!

#192 thrasher194

thrasher194

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

4.1.2 please

#193 santa87

santa87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

When I first flashed the ROM (proper clean install) I was having many of the same problem reported numerous times on this thread. The phone was lagging and overall behaving like crap. I was having overheating issues and a quickly draining battery. Also experienced some bugs with charging where the phone would not charge fully overnight and overheat. All this happened with a normal clockspeed and the default governors. I was super bummed so I started reading through all the other JB ROM's to see if there was a better alternative. I found that the other JB ROM's had similar bugs. Luckily I came across the post of another member (The Doctor) that gave me a priceless pearl: I needed to install Busybox. Here is what he told me:

It's a free download from Google Play. What it does is it updates the SU Binaries. It's more a of precautionary measure to make sure you Linux base is firing on all cylinders. When we change around ROM's, all that gets re-flashed over. And, there's a chance one of the lines of code might be outdated/changed, etc

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

force that down to your phone. When you first open it up and grant it Root Permission, let it run. What it is doing is looking at all the binary code and determining what is missing. It will ask you if you want to do a smart install or an install. If you don't know what you are doing, click "Smart Install." BusyBox has determined what was missing, and will ONLY install the ones missing. A regular "Install" will let you know pick and choose. Unless you are a Linux guy and know what you are doing, just click Smart Install. It's a pretty sophisticated little piece of software. And, when it updates from the Play Store, have it do another check and do another Smart Install.

After doing the smart install, I cleared my cache and since then virtually all the problems disappeared. I installed Busybox three days ago and have not had any problems with overheating, lag, or charging. My battery life is amazing now too, even with constant use and with CPU sleeper off. I am loving the ROM now. Thanks to all the devs for their hard work. The only thing I have noticed is the flash not working when taking pictures (minor bug).

I hope this helps some of you out there experiencing problems!
  • james likes this

#194 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 Verizon

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

When I first flashed the ROM (proper clean install) I was having many of the same problem reported numerous times on this thread. The phone was lagging and overall behaving like crap. I was having overheating issues and a quickly draining battery. Also experienced some bugs with charging where the phone would not charge fully overnight and overheat. All this happened with a normal clockspeed and the default governors. I was super bummed so I started reading through all the other JB ROM's to see if there was a better alternative. I found that the other JB ROM's had similar bugs. Luckily I came across the post of another member (The Doctor) that gave me a priceless pearl: I needed to install Busybox. Here is what he told me:

It's a free download from Google Play. What it does is it updates the SU Binaries. It's more a of precautionary measure to make sure you Linux base is firing on all cylinders. When we change around ROM's, all that gets re-flashed over. And, there's a chance one of the lines of code might be outdated/changed, etc

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

force that down to your phone. When you first open it up and grant it Root Permission, let it run. What it is doing is looking at all the binary code and determining what is missing. It will ask you if you want to do a smart install or an install. If you don't know what you are doing, click "Smart Install." BusyBox has determined what was missing, and will ONLY install the ones missing. A regular "Install" will let you know pick and choose. Unless you are a Linux guy and know what you are doing, just click Smart Install. It's a pretty sophisticated little piece of software. And, when it updates from the Play Store, have it do another check and do another Smart Install.

After doing the smart install, I cleared my cache and since then virtually all the problems disappeared. I installed Busybox three days ago and have not had any problems with overheating, lag, or charging. My battery life is amazing now too, even with constant use and with CPU sleeper off. I am loving the ROM now. Thanks to all the devs for their hard work. The only thing I have noticed is the flash not working when taking pictures (minor bug).

I hope this helps some of you out there experiencing problems!

+ 3

#195 thrasher194

thrasher194

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

come to think of it i got buzybox too...

#196 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

flashed this again today running much better with busy box thanks a lot for your research santa87

#197 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

hey what themes is everyone running maybe throw up some screen shots

#198 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

here is a couple

#199 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

how did u get such a good score

#200 thrasher194

thrasher194

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Over clocked @1325mhz, PegugusQ and SIO w/ setcpu.

Also reboot to moto recovery and clear /cache, reboot into safestrap clear /cache/dalvik and fix permissions..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users