#161 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:slyone4ya
  • Google+:slyonefoya

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

I am having overheating issues as well. It sat on the charger all night, took it off at 6am, the battery charging icon does not go away and time I charge it. At 10am, my screen did a wavy flicker and turned off. I could not turn it back on, all I received was a solid white light for my notification light.
I researched that, to find out that my battery is completely drained.
So, I plugged it in a work, and sure enough the battery was at 0%. So, I am charging it, now. I am not overclocked since my last ROM, and I doubt those settings carry over from 4.0.4 to 4.1.1. So, I turned on CPUSleeper per one of the posts. I will see what happens after it is fully charged.

#162 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

I also, have to keep remounting my SD card after each reboot so that my camera and email will work.

#163 Rich_L

Rich_L

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

I had the overheating / battery drain issues as well as very poor performance - I tried several of the CPU governer profiles to no avail.

For now have managed to fix it by disabling auto-boot on the CPU control, rebooting and staying out of the CPU control area - phone is now much more stable, cooler and battery life back to expected.

#164 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

So with nightlies rolling out, will we be seeing regular scalpel updates? ;)
  • dylan101 likes this

#165 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Rom Updated to 1.3
DroidRZR HTML monster destroyed my OP like what happened to Arctic. I need to repair it. The links are there and the OTA has been pushed to current users. OMG I SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!! :angry:

I fixed the thread's OP. The HTML monster has been defeated. All is restored now.
  • The Doctor likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#166 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

First ROM flash for me on the Razr Maxx. I really like it, still setting it up so far. Will update this post as I go.

Current issues:
- GPS innacurate by 2 miles.
- Won't allow me to uninstall Nova Launcher so I can install Nova Prime.

What does it say when you try to install your launhcher?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#167 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

FYI....new updated is rough mate. Followed instructions to update and it brought my RAZR to its knees son. Had to actually use stock recovery to get device back up. I even treated it like a fresh install and it was brutal. Locking up reboots etc. Data wasn't popping either it was messed up even WiFi was struggle. Ota worked through. Not sure if its a funky build of what. Hope you can it fixed because its a solid arse build

#168 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

FYI....new updated is rough mate. Followed instructions to update and it brought my RAZR to its knees son. Had to actually use stock recovery to get device back up. I even treated it like a fresh install and it was brutal. Locking up reboots etc. Data wasn't popping either it was messed up even WiFi was struggle. Ota worked through. Not sure if its a funky build of what. Hope you can it fixed because its a solid arse build

The ONLY things added were Beats audio and a new boot ani. The base is the same base everyone else has been using. R u overclocked at all?

#169 kevin.slawinski

kevin.slawinski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Verizon

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

First ROM flash for me on the Razr Maxx. I really like it, still setting it up so far. Will update this post as I go.

Current issues:
- GPS innacurate by 2 miles.
- Won't allow me to uninstall Nova Launcher so I can install Nova Prime.

Well Nova Prime is an add-on to Nova Launcher so you shouldn't be uninstalling it anyways. Just install Prime and open up Nova Launcher and it should recognize that it's Prime automatically. Much like the way Titanium Backup handles that.

#170 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

The ONLY things added were Beats audio and a new boot ani. The base is the same base everyone else has been using. R u overclocked at all?

Nope, I rolled it back as it was just sucking down too much battery. Like I said, I even tried a fresh install, Gapps, etc and it was still sluggish. Not sure what happened :/

#171 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

I've been experimenting with this ROM since 1.2.1 came out, and was pleased to see that 1.3 rolled out and installed seamlessly OTA (per OP instructions). I'm still experimenting with the governors to try to find a good match for performance and battery life. Battery life does seem to be a bit shorter than ICS stock ROM, but the overall performance is much smoother so I can put up with the battery drain (thank heavens for the razr maxx's battery).

My biggest concern currently, however, is that when I leave my phone to charge overnight I find it in a frozen state in the morning and must perform a simulated battery pull. This has consistently been the case during the entire time I have used 1.2.1 (and assume I will experience the same issue when I check my phone tomorrow, since I just installed 1.3 today.) I am overclocked to 1325 MHz (although this is fairly recent, and my phone seems to tolerate it well). I am currently using interactivex as my governor, and sio as my io scheduler (although I'm having to manually set these upon each boot, as the "Set on boot" does not appear to work). Any idea what might be causing my phone to freeze after/during charging? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

#172 thrasher194

thrasher194

http://androidn00b.com/

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:Thrasher194@gmail.com
  • LocationNorthCarolina, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola G4 Play (xt1609)

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

Is my favorite JB ROM out right now!!!! GOOD WORK!

#173 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

I've been experimenting with this ROM since 1.2.1 came out, and was pleased to see that 1.3 rolled out and installed seamlessly OTA (per OP instructions). I'm still experimenting with the governors to try to find a good match for performance and battery life. Battery life does seem to be a bit shorter than ICS stock ROM, but the overall performance is much smoother so I can put up with the battery drain (thank heavens for the razr maxx's battery).

My biggest concern currently, however, is that when I leave my phone to charge overnight I find it in a frozen state in the morning and must perform a simulated battery pull. This has consistently been the case during the entire time I have used 1.2.1 (and assume I will experience the same issue when I check my phone tomorrow, since I just installed 1.3 today.) I am overclocked to 1325 MHz (although this is fairly recent, and my phone seems to tolerate it well). I am currently using interactivex as my governor, and sio as my io scheduler (although I'm having to manually set these upon each boot, as the "Set on boot" does not appear to work). Any idea what might be causing my phone to freeze after/during charging? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

That was one of the problems I had with mine. I had to switch it up after trying different settings.

#174 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

I'm not sure what's up, but I just re-flashed 1.3 again. It will barely run. Boots take forever, even the animation on the new boot screen is sluggish and choppy. When it finally loads up, just tons of lag. And now OTA keeps thinking there is an update, telling me to update to 1.3. I clear it, refresh, shows it's up to date and then I close OTA and I get a notification that I need to update again. But moving on, Lock screen is sluggish and data is taking a while to lock. Takes forever for it to read the SDCard-ext as well. I had to flash back to one of the other roms. I will keep checking back for updates, as this is a great ROM

#175 kevin.slawinski

kevin.slawinski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Verizon

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

I also had this problem. I left it plugged in to charge overnight, and when I woke up, I had a blinking white notification light on, the phone was really hot, and was unresponsive. I couldn't turn the screen on or do anything with it. I had to do a hard reset (simulated battery pull as stated above). Once I was rebooted, I found out the phone only charged to 80% battery, when it should have been fully charged, and the battery meter in the settings was way off. I'm not overclocked/underclocked.

My assumption is that it has something to do with the CPU Sleeper app installed. I had it turned on while it was charging. I'm currently charging the phone with the CPU Sleeper off to see if it makes any difference.

#176 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

I also had this problem. I left it plugged in to charge overnight, and when I woke up, I had a blinking white notification light on, the phone was really hot, and was unresponsive. I couldn't turn the screen on or do anything with it. I had to do a hard reset (simulated battery pull as stated above). Once I was rebooted, I found out the phone only charged to 80% battery, when it should have been fully charged, and the battery meter in the settings was way off. I'm not overclocked/underclocked.

My assumption is that it has something to do with the CPU Sleeper app installed. I had it turned on while it was charging. I'm currently charging the phone with the CPU Sleeper off to see if it makes any difference.

sorry, but it won't make a difference. I didn't even have cpu sleeper enabled at first and I had that problem.

#177 m0de

m0de

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

OK all I have a few questions. How do I delete launchers from app drawer. Can I change number of home screens and number of slots for apps on home screen. And lastly what does initiate swagger do? Lol.. thanks again m0de

#178 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, others have suggested utilizing CPU Sleeper and claimed that it made a dramatic difference in battery life. In my experience with it, it simply degraded the performance so poorly that the phone was virtually unusable after locking and unlocking the screen once. Also, I want to confirm that my experience was exactly like yours in that the LED flashed light, the phone was hot, and it was only charged to ~80% after I reset it. There are a lot of things I really like about this ROM, but I simply can't use it until the battery and charging issues are resolved. It's back to ICS for the time-being. :/

#179 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, others have suggested utilizing CPU Sleeper and claimed that it made a dramatic difference in battery life. In my experience with it, it simply degraded the performance so poorly that the phone was virtually unusable after locking and unlocking the screen once. Also, I want to confirm that my experience was exactly like yours in that the LED flashed light, the phone was hot, and it was only charged to ~80% after I reset it. There are a lot of things I really like about this ROM, but I simply can't use it until the battery and charging issues are resolved. It's back to ICS for the time-being. :/

you don't have to go back to ics. I just went to a different Rom.

#180 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 Verizon

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

love it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users