#201 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:slyone4ya
  • Google+:slyonefoya

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

When I first flashed the ROM (proper clean install) I was having many of the same problem reported numerous times on this thread. The phone was lagging and overall behaving like crap. I was having overheating issues and a quickly draining battery. Also experienced some bugs with charging where the phone would not charge fully overnight and overheat. All this happened with a normal clockspeed and the default governors. I was super bummed so I started reading through all the other JB ROM's to see if there was a better alternative. I found that the other JB ROM's had similar bugs. Luckily I came across the post of another member (The Doctor) that gave me a priceless pearl: I needed to install Busybox. Here is what he told me:

It's a free download from Google Play. What it does is it updates the SU Binaries. It's more a of precautionary measure to make sure you Linux base is firing on all cylinders. When we change around ROM's, all that gets re-flashed over. And, there's a chance one of the lines of code might be outdated/changed, etc

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

force that down to your phone. When you first open it up and grant it Root Permission, let it run. What it is doing is looking at all the binary code and determining what is missing. It will ask you if you want to do a smart install or an install. If you don't know what you are doing, click "Smart Install." BusyBox has determined what was missing, and will ONLY install the ones missing. A regular "Install" will let you know pick and choose. Unless you are a Linux guy and know what you are doing, just click Smart Install. It's a pretty sophisticated little piece of software. And, when it updates from the Play Store, have it do another check and do another Smart Install.

After doing the smart install, I cleared my cache and since then virtually all the problems disappeared. I installed Busybox three days ago and have not had any problems with overheating, lag, or charging. My battery life is amazing now too, even with constant use and with CPU sleeper off. I am loving the ROM now. Thanks to all the devs for their hard work. The only thing I have noticed is the flash not working when taking pictures (minor bug).

I hope this helps some of you out there experiencing problems!

Sorry, I already had busy box installed when I installed the rom and it was reinstalled and updated through titanium backup after then install. The issues did not become resolved until I went to a differrent JB ROM, I also didn't do a AOKP ROM this time, I did a CM10.

#202 rnewhouse57

rnewhouse57

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

governor: SmartassV2
IO scheduler: sio

This was the only way I could get my CPU to slow down to the minimum.

Before I was having the same battery drain, heating up and charging issues as others have mentioned. CPU was at 99% all the time.

Thanks for the ROM.

#203 adroid_phan

adroid_phan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

When I first flashed the ROM (proper clean install) I was having many of the same problem reported numerous times on this thread. The phone was lagging and overall behaving like crap. I was having overheating issues and a quickly draining battery. Also experienced some bugs with charging where the phone would not charge fully overnight and overheat. All this happened with a normal clockspeed and the default governors. I was super bummed so I started reading through all the other JB ROM's to see if there was a better alternative. I found that the other JB ROM's had similar bugs. Luckily I came across the post of another member (The Doctor) that gave me a priceless pearl: I needed to install Busybox. Here is what he told me:

It's a free download from Google Play. What it does is it updates the SU Binaries. It's more a of precautionary measure to make sure you Linux base is firing on all cylinders. When we change around ROM's, all that gets re-flashed over. And, there's a chance one of the lines of code might be outdated/changed, etc

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

force that down to your phone. When you first open it up and grant it Root Permission, let it run. What it is doing is looking at all the binary code and determining what is missing. It will ask you if you want to do a smart install or an install. If you don't know what you are doing, click "Smart Install." BusyBox has determined what was missing, and will ONLY install the ones missing. A regular "Install" will let you know pick and choose. Unless you are a Linux guy and know what you are doing, just click Smart Install. It's a pretty sophisticated little piece of software. And, when it updates from the Play Store, have it do another check and do another Smart Install.

After doing the smart install, I cleared my cache and since then virtually all the problems disappeared. I installed Busybox three days ago and have not had any problems with overheating, lag, or charging. My battery life is amazing now too, even with constant use and with CPU sleeper off. I am loving the ROM now. Thanks to all the devs for their hard work. The only thing I have noticed is the flash not working when taking pictures (minor bug).

I hope this helps some of you out there experiencing problems!

Dude, this totally worked for me! Of course I redid everything as if I was going to flash for the first time, and my slowness, etc., has disappeared after I loaded busybox. I am also OCed @1325MGHZ.

-AP

#204 thrasher194

thrasher194

http://androidn00b.com/

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:Thrasher194@gmail.com
  • LocationNorthCarolina, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola G4 Play (xt1609)

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

governor: SmartassV2
IO scheduler: sio

This was the only way I could get my CPU to slow down to the minimum.

Before I was having the same battery drain, heating up and charging issues as others have mentioned. CPU was at 99% all the time.

Thanks for the ROM.

Remember smartarse is single core..... try hotpluggx or Paguguas Q are both dual cores governor.

#205 santa87

santa87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Sorry, I already had busy box installed when I installed the rom and it was reinstalled and updated through titanium backup after then install. The issues did not become resolved until I went to a differrent JB ROM, I also didn't do a AOKP ROM this time, I did a CM10.

From my understanding you should open up Busybox and do fresh install of after each time you load a new ROM to update the binaries. I don't believe just restoring them from TB is the same thing, but again I am not sure. If you ever come back to this ROM it would be interesting to know if it makes a difference.

#206 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:slyone4ya
  • Google+:slyonefoya

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

From my understanding you should open up Busybox and do fresh install of after each time you load a new ROM to update the binaries. I don't believe just restoring them from TB is the same thing, but again I am not sure. If you ever come back to this ROM it would be interesting to know if it makes a difference.

Yeah, what I did was on the first time I tried this ROM was update the binaries after google installed the app. The second time I redid the ROM, I installed the app+data through TB and then went in and updated the binaries. The new ROM I have had no issues except the things that were mentioned that are not working such as the front camcorder not working. Only thing that I have had to go wrong in both ROMs that is not mentioned is having to mount the SD card after each reboot.

#207 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

fixed overclock zip links

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users