• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#81 dmauldin74

dmauldin74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Is anyone else not getting the option to mount as storage when connected to USB? I get a charging indicator, but that's it... Should I try a reinstall?

#82 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

walked away from my desk for a couple minutes and when I came back my phone is booting....and booting.... and more booting... strange. Thats enough to spook me a little...

edit... its still booting....

edit 2: and now its a frozen boot screen... time to restore backup?

Edit 3: thre finger salute brought me back up...

#83 mike_augie

mike_augie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

I see that DH updated the base build , will that reflect in the build on here .. the only reason I ask is because I think it has the mount SD card issue ? just wondering , love the build

#84 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

My stock messaging app did the same thing. I just froze it and installed Handcent. now I get my MMS messages too.

OK, I may have spoken too soon. Now I'm not getting most of my text messages... not sure why. It may be time to go back to backup... this is a great ROM, can't wait till its a little more daily driver ready!

#85 ludi

ludi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Moving my Camera folder (mine is on external) out of the dcim dir to root of sdext fixed gallery no show bug. I have a Wallpapers dir in sdext dcim too. Moving it out to root of sdext resolved gallery no shows for that folder too.

Maybe issue lies with media scanner?

#86 ludi

ludi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

deleted. irrelevant

#87 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

I see that DH updated the base build , will that reflect in the build on here .. the only reason I ask is because I think it has the mount SD card issue ? just wondering , love the build

I compile my own base builds from STS's repo. So the short answer is, yet I will be updating the base every few days. It takes HOURS to build from source so I don't update the base every time I do an update.
  • mike_augie likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#88 mike_augie

mike_augie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

I compile my own base builds from STS's repo. So the short answer is, yet I will be updating the base every few days. It takes HOURS to build from source so I don't update the base every time I do an update.

ty sir ... didnt mean any disrespect about the building or putting it together .. please i didnt mean it like that at all

#89 irmoeuphoz

irmoeuphoz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Has anyone had any issues using wifi tether with this rom? No errors pop up when starting up the connection but I'm not able to connect using any other clients? Or is foxfi the go-to app for wireless tethering now?

Thanks again Tucstwo, totally forgot how amazing AOKP was until I started running scalpel!

#90 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

I forgot to mention this but I noticed durring flashing this ROM that in the text that displays while flashing it says Spalpel (with the p insted of a c). Not sure if anyone noticed.

#91 locolaptop

locolaptop

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

Anyone else have issues with their phones being warm and fast battery drain?

#92 eclark

eclark

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

I have been experiencing some major lag with this ROM. Anyone else? Other than that I love it.

#93 gautamrao

gautamrao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hmm. While trying to use JRummy's Ultimate Backup Pro, it fails to find root. And when I look within SuperSU, it says "Needs SuperSU pro" in the log for Ultimate Backup. Any thoughts? Ultimate backup has worked just fine for me on other roms. Thanks!

Update: purchasing SuperSU Pro didn't help in any case. Weird. Do the ICS root methods work for JB? Any solutions?

#94 twith70

twith70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

First,
Great job on the ROM. It looked great and performed well for an early release of JB AOKP.

Here are my observations after several hours:

I flashed the ROM by the instructions in the OP. I did the wipes and formats and I got it up and running. The options with AOKP are endless. Unfortunately I did experience the battery drain. I have flashed many new roms and understand it needs time to settle, and do its thing. But I lost some serious battery percentage just getting set up with data turned off and the screen down to 20% (Regular RAZR). I was monitoring the cpu and it spent a lot of time at 800mhz (where I had set the max). I don't know what was taking up the cpu cycles but i had never experienced drain like that before with everything turned off. The first boot the memory was nearly maxxed out. I did a power down and cleared cache, the second boot up was much better on the memory use. I did see that the battery was warm. It is 77F where I am now and the battery showed 95F. I went over to stock and let the phone sit for a few minutes and the battery shows 83F. I also had the closure when I tried to go in to MMS settings. The interface is great, and I was amazed at all the options. I know JB AOKP is still a work in progress and I hope some of these issues can be resolved in future updates.

#95 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

First,
Great job on the ROM. It looked great and performed well for an early release of JB AOKP.

Here are my observations after several hours:

I flashed the ROM by the instructions in the OP. I did the wipes and formats and I got it up and running. The options with AOKP are endless. Unfortunately I did experience the battery drain. I have flashed many new roms and understand it needs time to settle, and do its thing. But I lost some serious battery percentage just getting set up with data turned off and the screen down to 20% (Regular RAZR). I was monitoring the cpu and it spent a lot of time at 800mhz (where I had set the max). I don't know what was taking up the cpu cycles but i had never experienced drain like that before with everything turned off. The first boot the memory was nearly maxxed out. I did a power down and cleared cache, the second boot up was much better on the memory use. I did see that the battery was warm. It is 77F where I am now and the battery showed 95F. I went over to stock and let the phone sit for a few minutes and the battery shows 83F. I also had the closure when I tried to go in to MMS settings. The interface is great, and I was amazed at all the options. I know JB AOKP is still a work in progress and I hope some of these issues can be resolved in future updates.

I'm having a similar situation with my maxx. I've found that with almost every governor, my Cpu us running really high even when it should be just idling at 300 or 600. I also had it telling me that I was charged to 100% half of today until a reboot, then it dropped to 52%. When I tried to look at the battery stats, it couldn't account for any of that time.

It's a great start! I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes! Hats off to everyone who has had hands in this so far... Thanks :-)

Sent from my DROID Razr Maxx via Tapatalk 2

#96 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

I've had some random camera force closes too, mostly when trying to access the camera from the lockscreen shortcut I think. Just wanted to throw that out there too...

Sent from my DROID Razr Maxx via Tapatalk 2

#97 bluewaror

bluewaror

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

I had the same issues with the messaging app fc and not being able to receive mms.

I used ES File Explorer and mounted the system as R/W
I then went into /system/app and backed up the mms.apk and replaced it with this mms.apk from Scalpel CM10. (2.68MB orig vs 2.71MB new)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

My phone rebooted and then I was able to access the message settings and send and receive mms with the default messaging app.

#98 the.internet

the.internet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

I'm really enjoying this ROM, but I've had a few things:
-Lag at certain points... it usually pops out of it. I tried out CPU Sleeper, and that definitely caused it at wake, but it had happened a few other times as well.
-Camera freezes when trying the panorama option (maybe otherwise as well, haven't had any issues as of yet though)
-I keep having YouTube playback issues. A video will start, then a few seconds into it, it will act like it is buffering again, and then ultimately fail telling me to retry. Never works unless I am able to skip forward in the video (which is not possible when ads come up).

Other than that, seems to be great!
Thanks for the hard work put into this, really appreciate it.

#99 blksabth

blksabth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

I like this Rom, looks and runs great. Just one question, is there a way to change whats on the lock screen? The other roms have an option in the lockscreen setup, I don't see it here. Maybe im just missing it, been through all the custom setups...
Thanks and keep up the great work!
P.S. Data, MMS, Signal strength all work good for me.

aokp version

#100 thenowherekid

thenowherekid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Rom seemed to be much better before i updated to 1.2. I used OTA updater, wiped cache and dalvik, flashed rom and apps. and phone seems to discharge a lot faster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users