Photo

[Rom][Razr - Cdma][Jellybean][Kexec][Stock][Aokp][Cyanogenmod10(Cyancore)] Jellycore By Team Speedcore

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#61 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

bluetooth problems again...seems no one is able to get BT working properly.
guess no one uses BT in their car or headset.
but it's early in the game...and they're just warming up!

I'm sure it isn't an easy task, besides having other things that are more important to solve.
Posted Image

#62 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

CyanCore V1.1 and CyanCore Kexec V1.0 uploaded and posted!!!!

Someone please verify that CyanCore V1.1 works.
We don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
Donate!

#63 Yeag3r24

Yeag3r24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, Pennsylvania

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

CyanCore V1.0 works great and set it all up lastnight. MMS seems to hold on sending but can always download use an sms app for that. Was wondering if you have a good camera app where flash works. I tried a few apps and flash works but when it decides to take picture a few seconds later the flash is then off and no flash in pics. Tried on two camera apps and same problem. Would love to try the new CyanCore V1.1 but 1.0 seems to be running smooth and didn't seem to have the problems you had with browser in first version so hesitant to flash new version and most likely will stick with this for now since the new OP doesn't seem like anything i'd be worried about. Looks like i finally got a DD for JB! Keep up the awesome work and do what you do! :D
  • atlbravesfalcs7 likes this

#64 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

The new CM10 Kexec build sounds pretty good, but I'm going to hold out until there is a working camera on it. I hope it comes soon. I'm dying to go to a Kexec build, but want that camera.

#65 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Sorry for asking here but what does kexec mean?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#66 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Not sure exactly what kexec means but kexec builds allow us to overlay our own kernels. Basically a work around since our bootloaders are locked down

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#67 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Sorry for asking here but what does kexec mean?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#68 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Waiting for a battery charge to flash.
Posted Image

#69 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

is there any way we can flash any of these new builds without having to wipe data every single time? would like to upgrade to cyancore 1.1 but don't want to have to set it all up again.

also, based on the OP it seems like the only real difference between cyancore and cyancore kexic is the camera and screen rotation differences, is this correct?
  • Yeag3r24 likes this

#70 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

CyanCore V1.0 works great and set it all up lastnight. MMS seems to hold on sending but can always download use an sms app for that. Was wondering if you have a good camera app where flash works. I tried a few apps and flash works but when it decides to take picture a few seconds later the flash is then off and no flash in pics. Tried on two camera apps and same problem. Would love to try the new CyanCore V1.1 but 1.0 seems to be running smooth and didn't seem to have the problems you had with browser in first version so hesitant to flash new version and most likely will stick with this for now since the new OP doesn't seem like anything i'd be worried about. Looks like i finally got a DD for JB! Keep up the awesome work and do what you do! :D

i agree with this 100%. cycancore 1.0 is very stable. only issues i've seen are the camera flash, front facing video, and sending MMS. i also don't want to flash a version with a buggy browser. i don't want to use chrome, it sucks lol.
  • Yeag3r24 likes this

#71 Yeag3r24

Yeag3r24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

i agree with this 100%. cycancore 1.0 is very stable. only issues i've seen are the camera flash, front facing video, and sending MMS. i also don't want to flash a version with a buggy browser. i don't want to use chrome, it sucks lol.

Agreed. Been using Dolphin Browser for months now but just downloaded Firefox and giving that a run for last 24 hours. Pretty fast.

#72 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Got lots of errors in notification bar for apps not updated on initial boot. Camera froze the phone. rebooted, camera works no flash. My apps install correctly via "my apps" in play store. SMS working.. MMS holding (pending). Battery was warm on first boot (100 degrees) but it's cooling down some now. Haven't checked all the rest yet

Edit: browser reports it has stopped. No go
Posted Image

#73 leswilder

leswilder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

I've got an odd issue thats popping up on all the JB roms I've tried, but since over all I like this one the best I'll ask here. I can't seem to get any of them to scan my media. Nothing on my external card shows up and only a few folders of pictures on my internal card. Any ideas?

#74 chumboy

chumboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

I'm sure it isn't an easy task, besides having other things that are more important to solve.

please don't put words in my mouth (extra words in my post)...i never said it was easy, in fact if you read my post, i'm saying just the opposite.
the devs have their priorities and we have ours. hopefully they match sometimes.

since this razr thingy was designed to be a phone and to talk to people, i thought bluetooth calling would be a higher priority. i'm sure you talk on the phone in your car and bluetooth makes that safer. Battery circle widgets will not make it safer to talk on the phone in the car.

seems we are both struggeling to get the devs to pay attention to our own priorities. fair enough. just don't make it seem like i don't appreciate their work.

/rant

#75 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

please don't put words in my mouth (extra words in my post)...i never said it was easy, in fact if you read my post, i'm saying just the opposite.
the devs have their priorities and we have ours. hopefully they match sometimes.

since this razr thingy was designed to be a phone and to talk to people, i thought bluetooth calling would be a higher priority. i'm sure you talk on the phone in your car and bluetooth makes that safer. Battery circle widgets will not make it safer to talk on the phone in the car.

seems we are both struggeling to get the devs to pay attention to our own priorities. fair enough. just don't make it seem like i don't appreciate their work.

/rant

It was meant as a simple statement, sorry you got the wrong impression
  • chumboy likes this
Posted Image

#76 Yeag3r24

Yeag3r24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

So i saw a post in KOA Resurrection by Adamjmtz in reference to a work around for sending and receiving MMS. Needless to say ... IT WORKS!!! I am currently on CyanCore V1.0 and followed his steps and BOOOOMMM both sending and now receiving work. Hope this will be in next update and work for everyone else too! Def. good stuff ... Enjoy!

From KOA Resurrection thread posted by Adamjmtz.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So I found a temporary "fix" for the mms issue. I don't know how important that is to other people, but I was really missing it. I also don't know how prevalent the issue is, but anyway...

So I stole the messaging apk from mattlgroff's old The Arctic 215 rom, which I think is just the stock ICS messaging app, and you can download the apk at the link i've provided. I installed it and I could send and receive mms right away, but the pictures were a bit pixelated. I had to clear cache to fix the pixelation.

Full instructions:
1. Using root explorer, go to system/app and rename mms.apk to mms.bak
2. Put apk file (from link above) onto sd card.
3. boot to safestrap and clear cache and dalvik
4. reboot
5. install apk from sd card (it might prompt you to replace system file)
6. go to settings/manage apps/all/messaging and clear the app cache (also make sure the messaging version is 4.04)
7. Hope it works!

I have no idea how many steps above are actually necessary, but that's what I did and it worked for me. The only difference between the ICS and JB messaging apps are some minor UI tweaks (as far as I can tell).

Let me know if this helped at all!

Edit: Added one more step.
  • benjamincarder likes this

#77 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

I will implement the MMS fix, thanks for finding that! Also will re-compile CyanCore V1.1, I'll remove download link after this post. So let me ask, would you rather the v1.0 versions wipe data and then the updates don't? That way when you update you keep data. This also means if you are switching ROMs that you will either need to manually wipe data before flashing (such as going from Jelly core kexec to CyanCore1.1, you would manually flash to go to higher version) or you could just flash the V1.0 and then flash the version you want. Sound good?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
  • Yeag3r24 likes this
Developer|Co-Developer in Team SpeedCore|Currently running SOMETHING NEW...Posted Image

I don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
https://www.paypal.c...gif%3aNonHosted

#78 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Edit* don't download CyanCoreV1.1, I can't remove it by phone without messing up the whole op. If you flash it, just flash another one.

We don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
Donate!

#79 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Bad battery life running Kexec. Not sure about anyone else.

#80 Yeag3r24

Yeag3r24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

I will implement the MMS fix, thanks for finding that! Also will re-compile CyanCore V1.1, I'll remove download link after this post. So let me ask, would you rather the v1.0 versions wipe data and then the updates don't? That way when you update you keep data. This also means if you are switching ROMs that you will either need to manually wipe data before flashing (such as going from Jelly core kexec to CyanCore1.1, you would manually flash to go to higher version) or you could just flash the V1.0 and then flash the version you want. Sound good?

Thanks bro, but now seem to be having problems and stuck on sending again. Maybe be because i cleared cache in recovery to fix an little issue i had. But went back into Messaging app and cleared cache in there but yet still seems to be stuck on sending?! May just do whole process again ... lmk if you come up with anything more solid Silver.

And YES ... i would love to see the new updates without automatically wiping data so this way i don't have to set everything up again unless a DATA wipe is needed.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users