Photo

[Rom][Razr - Cdma][Jellybean][Kexec][Stock][Aokp][Cyanogenmod10(Cyancore)] Jellycore By Team Speedcore

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#81 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Thanks bro, but now seem to be having problems and stuck on sending again. Maybe be because i cleared cache in recovery to fix an little issue i had. But went back into Messaging app and cleared cache in there but yet still seems to be stuck on sending?! May just do whole process again ... lmk if you come up with anything more solid Silver.

And YES ... i would love to see the new updates without automatically wiping data so this way i don't have to set everything up again unless a DATA wipe is needed.

Thanks again.

Completely agree with this...and why can't we flash 1.1? I'm glad I didn't flash earlier then..
  • Yeag3r24 likes this

#82 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Completely agree with this...and why can't we flash 1.1? I'm glad I didn't flash earlier then..

Something about not being able to remove without messing up the OS.. Ughhh that's what I get for being a guinea pig lol.... just kidding. Will flash another over this one.
Posted Image

#83 Jackson1536

Jackson1536

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Does multimedia messages work on any of these builds?

#84 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Does multimedia messages work on any of these builds?

I disabled the texting that came with the roms I have used... and use handcent for sms/mms.
Posted Image

#85 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

HandCent? Hmm..I will see if I can include that instead of regular mms/sms.
We don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
Donate!

#86 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

HandCent? Hmm..I will see if I can include that instead of regular mms/sms.

i guess you could do that, but handcent can just be downloaded from the market. personally i just use gmail for pictures...i really like the stock messaging app.

just my two cents.

#87 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

Alright..today there's gonna be a ton of updates...lots of uploading ugh. lol.
We don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
Donate!

#88 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

Alright..today there's gonna be a ton of updates...lots of uploading ugh. lol.

just curious, are you going to upload a cyancore 1.1 where we don't have to wipe data?

#89 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

i guess you could do that, but handcent can just be downloaded from the market. personally i just use gmail for pictures...i really like the stock messaging app.

just my two cents.

Okay...well how about I keep regular mms, and add in handcent as an uninstallable app.

And yes, I am making it so all versions above V1.0 does NOT wipe data. However, if you wish to switch rom versions such as JellyCore v1.1 to CyanCore V1.1 you will need to manually wipe data. If you go to a V1 then it wipes it for you. Simple enough?

Edit* I have a better idea for SMS/MMS. Ill make both apps (stock messaging and handcent) uninstallable. that way you can choose to keep em both, or uninstall one! :)
Donate!

#90 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

The only prob I had with having both stock messaging and handcent was using handcent for mms while the stock was still enabled. Disabling it worked perfect.

EDIT: keeping them both enabled may send duplicate sms. I've seen it so many times where people download a third party messaging and not disabling one of the apps, sending sms twice with one shot. That could be a killer for someone on a pay as you go plan for receiving.
Posted Image

#91 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

Okay...well how about I keep regular mms, and add in handcent as an uninstallable app.

And yes, I am making it so all versions above V1.0 does NOT wipe data. However, if you wish to switch rom versions such as JellyCore v1.1 to CyanCore V1.1 you will need to manually wipe data. If you go to a V1 then it wipes it for you. Simple enough?

Edit* I have a better idea for SMS/MMS. Ill make both apps (stock messaging and handcent) uninstallable. that way you can choose to keep em both, or uninstall one! :)

seems fine to me. i guess we just need to make sure to wipe cache and dalvik before we install versions above 1.0.

as for the messaging apps...i think any third party messaging app should work with MMS, like go sms, chomp, handcent, etc.

as long as we have the ability to disable any third party ones and just keep regular, it works for me.

#92 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

The only prob I had with having both stock messaging and handcent was using handcent for mms while the stock was still enabled. Disabling it worked perfect.

EDIT: keeping them both enabled may send duplicate sms. I've seen it so many times where people download a third party messaging and not disabling one of the apps, sending sms twice with one shot. That could be a killer for someone on a pay as you go plan for receiving.

I don't think that the actual message is sent twice. I think the single message just appears as a notifcation for both stock sms and the third party app you have installed.
  • OMGzBananas and quangtran1 like this

#93 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

seems fine to me. i guess we just need to make sure to wipe cache and dalvik before we install versions above 1.0.

as for the messaging apps...i think any third party messaging app should work with MMS, like go sms, chomp, handcent, etc.

as long as we have the ability to disable any third party ones and just keep regular, it works for me.

I will try to make this clear in the OP but this is how it will be:
If updating to a newer build from current build, such as CyanCoreV1 to V1.1, just flash it. You dont even need to flash gapps.

If going from one rom to another, such as CyanCoreV1 to CyanCore Kexec V1.1, you will only need to wipe data/factory reset. The other wiping (system, cache and dalvik-cache) are already wiped in the updater script. You will need to flash Gapps.

If going from any rom to a V1 version, you can just flash it, because V1 versions auto-wipe data for you. You will need to flash Gapps.

As for the messaging, I will also make it clear that you do not need to use both, in fact I encourage you to uninstall the one you dont use. I have made it so that the stock messaging is uninstallable. I just include them both because people have their preferences. You have a working sms/mms in handcent, but you can uninstall it and use any other.
  • atlbravesfalcs7 likes this
Donate!

#94 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

Okay.. ALL the roms have been updated and I am testing them all out. Ill upload them now and if they all work they will be posted on here for ya!
Donate!

#95 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

I don't think that the actual message is sent twice. I think the single message just appears as a notifcation for both stock sms and the third party app you have installed.

I don't know the exact inner workings of it but it has annoyed me on many occasions to receive 2 messages containing the same same thing from someone who hasn't disabled one or the other messaging service. It can be confusing too... sending and receiving texts only to have a duplicate show up in the middle of a convo.
Posted Image

#96 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Okay.. ALL the roms have been updated and I am testing them all out. Ill upload them now and if they all work they will be posted on here for ya!

Cool.. can't wait! :)
Posted Image

#97 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

I will try to make this clear in the OP but this is how it will be:
If updating to a newer build from current build, such as CyanCoreV1 to V1.1, just flash it. You dont even need to flash gapps.

If going from one rom to another, such as CyanCoreV1 to CyanCore Kexec V1.1, you will only need to wipe data/factory reset. The other wiping (system, cache and dalvik-cache) are already wiped in the updater script. You will need to flash Gapps.

If going from any rom to a V1 version, you can just flash it, because V1 versions auto-wipe data for you. You will need to flash Gapps.

As for the messaging, I will also make it clear that you do not need to use both, in fact I encourage you to uninstall the one you dont use. I have made it so that the stock messaging is uninstallable. I just include them both because people have their preferences. You have a working sms/mms in handcent, but you can uninstall it and use any other.

love the clarification with all this, but just ONE more thing. when going from v1.0 to v1.1 (for any of the four), is wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache done in the updater script?

#98 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

love the clarification with all this, but just ONE more thing. when going from v1.0 to v1.1 (for any of the four), is wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache done in the updater script?

Yes. Typically when you flash a rom, you wipe 4 things: /System, /cache, data/factory reset, and dalvik-cache. Lately all the newer roms automatically wipe /System, /cache, and dalvik-cache. Since dalvik-cache is located in /data/ I just told the v1 roms to wipe the entire /data folder, making it easy to switch between roms cause all you do is just flash it over.

That a good explanation? :)
  • atlbravesfalcs7 likes this
Donate!

#99 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Yes. Typically when you flash a rom, you wipe 4 things: /System, /cache, data/factory reset, and dalvik-cache. Lately all the newer roms automatically wipe /System, /cache, and dalvik-cache. Since dalvik-cache is located in /data/ I just told the v1 roms to wipe the entire /data folder, making it easy to switch between roms cause all you do is just flash it over.

That a good explanation? :)

yep, perfect.

#100 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Okay, I have tested all the updated ROMs, it's all good and no browser crashes. Will post links soon. I'm also working on another handy tool for everyone, including myself!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Donate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users