Photo

[Rom][Razr - Cdma][Jellybean][Kexec][Stock][Aokp][Cyanogenmod10(Cyancore)] Jellycore By Team Speedcore

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#121 redjax

redjax

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

No, I'm talking 3/4G here. But I'll try that?

Not my issue. I'm talking with mobile data, 3G/4G. I need it to stay on while my phone's screen is off. Any suggestions?

#122 MoistureSplash

MoistureSplash

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

I love all your work team Speedcore! After trying literally every JB ROM I could find for the RAZR, I have settled into CyanCore 1.1(Stock) the best. Fast, fluid, and customizable. Obvious bugs like camera flash and minimal freezing are hard to notice. The ROM is more than stable for a daily driver. At least for me.

Keep up the good work!

P.S

I made an account just to comment on the teams work. Seriously, the most stable and fluid ROMs I've used come from your teams hard work!
  • TeamSpeedCore likes this

#123 MoistureSplash

MoistureSplash

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

Alright, after rebooting YouTube works. Mightve been a connection thing. As for the streaming video issue, I went and installed MX Player which kind of fixed it. Some work some don't.

I'm assuming you're trying to view flash content, right? Ever since adobe discontinued support for their plug-in, its been kinda hit or miss with online streaming through the browser. Just my 2 cents.

#124 kris07

kris07

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

I'm assuming you're trying to view flash content, right? Ever since adobe discontinued support for their plug-in, its been kinda hit or miss with online streaming through the browser. Just my 2 cents.

Negative. These are strictly "mobile" videos. I haven't even tried anything flash related.

#125 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Negative. These are strictly "mobile" videos. I haven't even tried anything flash related.

Can you post a link to a particular browser based video (not youtube) that you are trying to view so others can test?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
maxx

#126 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Loving the support you have for one another in here. Loving the feedback, thanks! 2tealth has been taking a dev break for a while, so it's been tough to push all this stuff out for you guys. Especially with the fam and two jobs. I'll put up that tool I was talking about earlier here in a bit, I'm sure its out there already but I'm posting my own, I call it MyApps package. Basically, you need to pull all your favorite apps out of data/apps when you download and install them, extract the MyApps.zip, put them under data/app and flash it the next time you have to do a data wipe. You might not have all your settings, but it's a quick way to get all your favorite apps while you are flashing the rom/gapps.

So, say I have all my apps in the MyApps.zip. I have to to a data wipe because I wanna try out another rom. So, I wipe, flash the rom, flash gapps, and then flash MyApps. Boom. Boot up phone, and I'm good to go.

Edit* Of course after you put your apps into MyApps you re-zip it. 7zip is amazing for that if you use ultra compression. Make sure you zip it exactly as it was + your apps. I have made the mistake of zipping a folder of the contents of the zip, example: MyApps.zip/myapps/data/app, when the myapps folder shouldnt be there, you should be zipping up data/apps.
  • chumboy likes this
We don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
Donate!

#127 chumboy

chumboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

It was meant as a simple statement, sorry you got the wrong impression

no worries. just an unnecessary post that helped no one.

#128 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

Did anyone else loose their Google account? It won't let me set it back up and play store keeps closing.

With the 1.1 aokp update non kexec

Yep, happened to me too, same build. Restored backup of 1.0 & all is good again.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#129 chumboy

chumboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Basically, you need to pull all your favorite apps out of data/apps when you download and install them, extract the MyApps.zip, put them under data/app and flash it the next time you have to do a data wipe. You might not have all your settings, but it's a quick way to get all your favorite apps while you are flashing the rom/gapps.

what a great idear !
Even quicker than a TiBU "restore all".
can't wait for the post.
thanks!

#130 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

I'm having almost zero issues with everything I've been trying so far. I must be one of the lucky ones. YouTube is working fine, Pandora radio keeps playing when screen is off using both wifi and 3G (no 4G in my immediate area). So far all my apps are playing nice no FCs at all. This is definitely my DD from now on (CyanCore V1.1). Fluid and fast. Not to say I won't be flashing your other ROMS but so far this is the best I've used. I will be playing with the kexec versions as well as the others but at this moment I can't imagine things working any better other than finding fixes for the minor common bugs.

no worries. just an unnecessary post that helped no one.

<_<
  • chumboy and TeamSpeedCore like this
Posted Image

#131 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There it is. Putting link in OP.
  • fishaholic likes this
We don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
Donate!

#132 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Good news, everyone! I got Jaekar99 working on a new, smoother boot animation for all TSC roms. I'll update em all when its done. :)
Donate!

#133 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Good news, everyone! I got Jaekar99 working on a new, smoother boot animation for all TSC roms. I'll update em all when its done. :)

Cool :) So now you're gonna get us all hooked into rebooting huh? lol :P
Posted Image

#134 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Loving this ROM so far, almost on it for 24 hours. I am noticing a MAJA improvement on battery life, especially on the JellyCore. Great work man, very smooth and the detail in the imaging is so crisp. The only thing bugging me......We have a very limited amount of governors loaded with AOKP some of the other Devs/builds are loaded to the max with hotplugX, ondemandX, etc. Same goes for the I/O Scheduler, we are stuck with just the three basics Schedulers. If we could at least get sio, that would be dank. Is there any way in future builds we can get more access to all of them? And this is just me being picky, very, very impressed so far with this ROM. I was thinking of switching to CyanCore, but JellyCore is smoking hot & fast, not sure I need to change. Keep up the great work Speedcore team and thanks!!!

#135 fromthewoods

fromthewoods

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGilbert, AZ

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hey guys, I just installed the CyanCore over my previous Eclipse. Here's the steps I did...
  • switched back to SafeMode from Eclipse to boot into the Stock Moto
  • uninstalled SafeStrap 2 and then installed SafeStrap 2.11
  • Booted into safestrap and installed the CyanCore ROM and the Gapps from zip
  • Rebooted and now I see the CyanogenMod boot animation.
My RAZR has been at this boot screen animation for about 30minutes now. Is that ok or should shut it down? How long could this take?

Thanks.

#136 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

someone made a request pages ago - but, I haven't seen any yet..

would it be at all possible to get some screens up so that those who are tempted to flash could get a preview?

thanks in advance!

#137 fishaholic

fishaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'm having almost zero issues with everything I've been trying so far. I must be one of the lucky ones. YouTube is working fine, Pandora radio keeps playing when screen is off using both wifi and 3G (no 4G in my immediate area). So far all my apps are playing nice no FCs at all. This is definitely my DD from now on (CyanCore V1.1). Fluid and fast. Not to say I won't be flashing your other ROMS but so far this is the best I've used. I will be playing with the kexec versions as well as the others but at this moment I can't imagine things working any better other than finding fixes for the minor common bugs.

<_<

Like the other dude said... your cluttering thus thread with useless crap posts... what are you 10? Jeeeezzz

#138 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

Like the other dude said... your cluttering thus thread with useless crap posts... what are you 10? Jeeeezzz

not trolling - this will be the one post I make about any of this..

1. If you're going to rip someone - at least spell things correctly and adhere to proper grammar.

2. Don't be a hypocrite by posting a useless post to rip someone else's useless post (which I am now doing, ahhh)

3. He made a post about the good fortune he had experienced while using this ROM. As far as I'm concerned, that's just as helpful as someone who simply b*tches about bugs. He mentioned in there that his data was working with the screen off (in response to someone else's post), Youtube is working, etc. He also said it is his DD ('daily driver') - any ROM that's good enough to be a DD should be noted as such so other users can know how stable/good it is.

Now, don't get me wrong - Is there fluff in there? Yes. Might all the info be inaccurate? Could be. But, don't flame his post unless you have something of substance to come back with as a rebuttal; otherwise, you're only compounding the problem.
  • ArcaneChaos likes this

#139 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hey guys, I just installed the CyanCore over my previous Eclipse. Here's the steps I did...

• switched back to SafeMode from Eclipse to boot into the Stock Moto
  • uninstalled SafeStrap 2 and then installed SafeStrap 2.11
  • Booted into safestrap and installed the CyanCore ROM and the Gapps from zip
  • Rebooted and now I see the CyanogenMod boot animation.
My RAZR has been at this boot screen animation for about 30minutes now. Is that ok or should shut it down? How long could this take?

Thanks.

Sounds like a dirty flash bud. Go back into SS and do the following in this order:
Wipe Data
Wipe Cache
Format /system
Wipe Dalek (you like how I changed it ;))
Install the ROM
Install GApps
Reboot

Unless you are flashing over the same ROM with an update, you will need to scrub your Razr first. And obviously have a backup just in case all else fails. We were all having similar problems a few weeks back, but ever since Google released the actual Moto coding for the masses, getting data or bootloops/locking up, etc have all been things of the past. Hope that helps, let us know if you still encounter problems.

#140 Razr1221

Razr1221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

not trolling - this will be the one post I make about any of this..

1. If you're going to rip someone - at least spell things correctly and adhere to proper grammar.

2. Don't be a hypocrite by posting a useless post to rip someone else's useless post (which I am now doing, ahhh)

3. He made a post about the good fortune he had experienced while using this ROM. As far as I'm concerned, that's just as helpful as someone who simply b*tches about bugs. He mentioned in there that his data was working with the screen off (in response to someone else's post), Youtube is working, etc. He also said it is his DD ('daily driver') - any ROM that's good enough to be a DD should be noted as such so other users can know how stable/good it is.

Now, don't get me wrong - Is there fluff in there? Yes. Might all the info be inaccurate? Could be. But, don't flame his post unless you have something of substance to come back with as a rebuttal; otherwise, you're only compounding the problem.

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users