615 replies to this topic

#541 Jenes

Jenes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Dolphin browser was the one that worked, thanks guys!

• watson387 likes this

#542 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

Unlocked my bros phone now :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL likes this
Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#543 dschuett

dschuett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD xt926

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

I was successfully able to to root and unlock (status code:3), but installing any custom recovery seems impossible. I have tried using fastboot as well as rom manager. While both ways say that the recovery was successfully flashed, I can't boot into the recovery through rom manager nor using the volume buttons+power.

I have read that stock roms will overwrite the recovery on boot, but I renamed the recommended files (/system/etc/install-recovery.sh and /system/recovery-from-boot.p) that supposedly cause this.

Anyone have any other ideas?

#544 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

If only there was a HOW TO for that.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• dvgb131 and RikRong like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#545 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

You can, after installing the recovery.img, boot into stock rom and install the app Quick Boot from the PlayStore. Use it to reboot into recovery mode and you will be in it. renaming the recovery.sh and recovery-from-boot.p doesn't need to be done. They have no effect on the device towards reverting back to stock recovery.

new_animated_sig.gif

#546 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

I was successfully able to to root and unlock (status code:3), but installing any custom recovery seems impossible. I have tried using fastboot as well as rom manager. While both ways say that the recovery was successfully flashed, I can't boot into the recovery through rom manager nor using the volume buttons+power.

I have read that stock roms will overwrite the recovery on boot, but I renamed the recommended files (/system/etc/install-recovery.sh and /system/recovery-from-boot.p) that supposedly cause this.

Flashify from the Play Store.

#547 dschuett

dschuett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Flashify from the Play Store.

I tried flashify a few times as well. Same issue of not being able to boot into recovery. It just goes to the Motorola logo and boots to the OS eventually. Every time I reboot for the first time after flashing recovery, I notice it hangs on the moto logo noticeably longer.

#548 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

I tried flashify a few times as well. Same issue of not being able to boot into recovery. It just goes to the Motorola logo and boots to the OS eventually. Every time I reboot for the first time after flashing recovery, I notice it hangs on the moto logo noticeably longer.

So I'm confused here. Do you have a custom recovery installed and can't boot to it or are you trying to install a custom recovery?

#549 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Play store app "Reboot Recovery" if already installed.

#550 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

So I'm confused here. Do you have a custom recovery installed and can't boot to it or are you trying to install a custom recovery?

Either way, the incorrect recovery is getting flashed or you're not booting directly into recovery after flashing.  TWRP and CWM are not official, so they won't show up in any of the apps.  You'll need to DL seperately/sideload to use in Flashify.  

• jtommyj likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#551 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

Which is what I said in my how to thread. There is a link in the op of this thread that no one ever bothers to read that links to working recovery downloads but I'm not sure why I bothered putting it there since it gets ignored anyway.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• RikRong and teddyearp like this

#552 Aqua009

Aqua009

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD XT926 183.46.15 Build KDA20.62-15.1

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

Like what was said in the Original Post... no one searches anymore.

Try this from here...

about half way down the page

"FYI davekaz I was in the exact situation you were in, but I used BDAZZG1's advice and it worked. After the supposedly bad CWM flash, I pressed/held Vol+ & PWR for a few seconds and then let go of PWR (i.e. still holding Vol+). As soon as I let go of Vol+ I scrolled down with Vol- and selected to boot to RECOVERY (by pressing Vol+ at that selection). CWM showed up, and then I flashed SuperSu. So maybe try out what I did?"

I thought I was doing something wrong too.  But just by holding down vol up key a couple seconds longer than the pwr key... made all the difference.  No problems repeating after the first successful boot into CWM.

#553 dschuett

dschuett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

Ok, so I got cwm recovery installed successfully by using the link provided in the OP. I used the xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img, but when i try to flash a ROM I get the following error:

"This package is for "xt925, xt926, xt907, vanquish_u, etc....devices; this is a " ". E. Error in /data/media/Download/cm-11-20140218-NIGHTLY-xt926.zip" I have also tried a few other msm8960 ROMS as well with the same results.

I feel like i still flashed the wrong recovery. Does anyone have a direct link the correct recovery?

Thanks!

#554 dschuett

dschuett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Ok, so I got cwm recovery installed successfully by using the link provided in the OP. I used the xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img, but when i try to flash a ROM I get the following error:

"This package is for "xt925, xt926, xt907, vanquish_u, etc....devices; this is a " ". E. Error in /data/media/Download/cm-11-20140218-NIGHTLY-xt926.zip" I have also tried a few other msm8960 ROMS as well with the same results.

I feel like i still flashed the wrong recovery. Does anyone have a direct link the correct recovery?

Thanks!

Ok, so I finally found a recovery that worked 6.0.4.9 from here 

On to the NEXT problem... I whiped data/cache and flashed 

and it just sits at the Motorola logo. What is going on?

#555 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

Please take the rom discussion to an appropriate thread.  I wish for this to remain a root and unlock thread.  Thanks.

• Board373 and teddyearp like this

#556 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

CM-11-20140104-SNAPSHOT-M2 was built with the 4.1.2 base. It will install fine but will never boot because your device bootloader is different. Try something more current or use my FlashBack zips to downgrade. You just better read read and do more reading before attempting it. Also thse zips come with TWRP not CWR, but your current recovery should be fine loading it up or you can go to the Omni tread and grab the recovery install zip for TWRP 2.7.1.0 from there.

new_animated_sig.gif

#557 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

Umm what did Sam just say? Katana time? Sent from my S-Offed One M8
  • Board373 and teddyearp like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#558 Tuplicachile

Tuplicachile

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD XT926

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

First off, I just upgraded to 4.4.2 with your RSD tool from the other thread, then rooted and unlocked, and I gots to say thank you, this is incredibly well made work.

Is there any reason after doing this that my phone would lose contact with my SIM? I had the GSM radio unlocked and working on AT&T prepaid before hand.

Now I'm getting No Network, can't register with AT&T. Tried the obvious combinations of reboot and reinserting the SIM.

GSM/UMTS is still showing as an option, which it didn't before I unlocked the radio. Keeps asking me to go GLOBAL, which I dismiss.

#559 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

No idea. I don't know anything about radio hacks. But worse case now that you're unlocked you could downgrade to 4.1.2 and reapply the radio hack. You'll need to use my rsd Flasher with the 9.30.1 FXZ, and select the universal option. Then you can root and apply the radio hack again and see if that works.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#560 Tuplicachile

Tuplicachile

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD XT926

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:39 AM

Bichen, thank you.

EDIT: Had to repeat the radio hack method using RadioComm two different ways, several times with in-app and manual RESTARTS, to get the bit change to stick. Consensus seems that GSM is still do-able without downgrading from your snazzy KitKat/Root/Unlock protocol.

Domo arigato, HL-San!

Edited by Tuplicachile, 23 July 2014 - 06:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users