• This topic is locked This topic is locked
615 replies to this topic

#581 watson387

watson387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Gummy is my go-to ROM for this phone. Give it a try.

#582 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

I've tried Gummy and CM11. CM11 has been getting better with each nightly released. The latest one seems to have some of the WiFi issues resolved. Any other issues with WiFi I believe are all based on the firmware for the radios and that's all on Motorola.

Some have also reported the issue with the mic turning off after going to speaker (which then required a reboot in order to have the mic work again) has been fixed since 8/10. Not sure if that is completely true or not, but I did read one person's post over on XDA that it appeared to have been fixed.

Some prefer Gummy, but I prefer CM11. Gummy's theming just doesn't sit right with me. But, under the hood, Gummy and CM11 pretty much have the same features and customization options as both are AOSP-based. CM11 just has a "cleaner" theme IMHO, but that's just my opinion. 

Best bet is to try them all out and find which one works best for you. In the end, that's what counts, right?

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#583 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

Using Paranoid here. So far so good.

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#584 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

Alright rom junkies, keep it to the rom threads.  lol

Non potest esse nisi unus

#585 erockgineer

erockgineer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

Definitely did not mean to convert this to a ROM discussion thread, lol. Sorry bout that.

Good news is that switching to TWRP fixed all my issues!!  Thanks for that suggestion.

I'm up and running thanks to this awesome thread with very little to no hiccups along the way.  These are the kind of threads (and community) that make android so amazing.  I've rooted and ROMed about a dozen devices in my day, but haven't done one in about two years as I've just been using this phone stock. But of course it got slow and I saw this opportunity and jumped on it. 2 years out of the game and I was able to tackle it in mere hours thanks to you guys!!

• SamuriHL, cmh714 and watson387 like this

#586 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:53 AM

Alright rom junkies, keep it to the rom threads.  lol

As soon as I hit submit I thought... "Hmmm. Probably shouldn't post that here".

lol

Sorry.

Carry on

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#587 zskynyrd

zskynyrd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

I am trying to unlock my boot loader I used the utility to unlock on 1 phone and successfuly installed cm11. But i have accidentally revoked USB debugging authorization on this phone. So I cannot use motopacolypse to unlock the booloader. Using adb cmd and attaching as camera usb debug it will list the device but not accept commands. Anyone know how to resore trust to my computer? Is it on this site somewhere I am still searching here and xda found some articles but nothing with exact steps. is there a page on this ste you could direct me to. or xda dev. I will need exact steps.  Droid RazrMaxx HD xt926. kk4.4.2. Thanks zskynyrd

#588 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

I am trying to unlock my boot loader I used the utility to unlock on 1 phone and successfuly installed cm11. But i have accidentally revoked USB debugging authorization on this phone. So I cannot use motopacolypse to unlock the booloader. Using adb cmd and attaching as camera usb debug it will list the device but not accept commands. Anyone know how to resore trust to my computer? Is it on this site somewhere I am still searching here and xda found some articles but nothing with exact steps. is there a page on this ste you could direct me to. or xda dev. I will need exact steps. Droid RazrMaxx HD xt926. kk4.4.2. Thanks zskynyrd

You should just be able to turn USB De-bugging back on and then plug the phone back into the computer. When you plug in, you should get a pop-up asking if you want to grant permission for de-bugging. It's been a while since I've done this, but I think that's how it works.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

R. Long: Pixel 5

#589 zskynyrd

zskynyrd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

doesn't work tried that. Toggled on off many times to see if that would work. Switched back and forth from media device to camera mode. Its in the phone somewhere to block my computers. I read some articles on why its there to revoke authorization but none tell you how to get it back if you do something stupid.

I think I will try to delete and reintall Motorola Drivers. I don't thinks this will work i am probably going to use RSD l=to reintall original system.Unless any one knows of something else.  zskynyrd.

#590 watson387

watson387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Go to "About Phone" and tap "Build Number" seven times. It should unlock "Developer Options". Enable USB Debugging there. Hopefully that helps you.

#591 zskynyrd

zskynyrd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

I am at developer option have been in it, it is all I use not a noob at this  Its probably in the phone registry some.where  

#592 watson387

watson387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

I am at developer option have been in it, it is all I use not a noob at this Its probably in the phone registry some.where

Ok. Sorry. Was all I knew of that may be able to help you.

#593 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

I am at developer option have been in it, it is all I use not a noob at this Its probably in the phone registry some.where

In some cases it is probably easier just FDR and start all over....

new_animated_sig.gif

#594 Mr-Glass

Mr-Glass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

doesn't work tried that. Toggled on off many times to see if that would work. Switched back and forth from media device to camera mode. Its in the phone somewhere to block my computers. I read some articles on why its there to revoke authorization but none tell you how to get it back if you do something stupid.

I think I will try to delete and reintall Motorola Drivers. I don't thinks this will work i am probably going to use RSD l=to reintall original system.Unless any one knows of something else.  zskynyrd.

I had this happen awhile ago with a win8 machine - ADB should still show up in device manager when connected - I uninstalled the adb driver and did NOT check to delete the files while the phone was plugged in - then scanned for new hardware and it reinstalled the adb driver - worked fine after that..  YMMV however..

#595 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

Have you power cycled the phone, with it unplugged from the computer? I've done the same exact thing as you, I power cycled the computer and phone, then I enabled debugging again. When I plugged the phone back in, I got the pop-up below. You're not getting that at all?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

80.32KB   20 downloads

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

R. Long: Pixel 5

#596 zskynyrd

zskynyrd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

power cycled restarted in factory mode, regular mode.  recovery trieda different computer.  It blocks every thing as far as trying to run script and unlock bootloader.

I have super su root check was just reading root folders the best I could come up with in root was in sys /devices something called 12c10 delete device. but I wasn't sure what it was. I was on xda dev and found that this has happened to some others but still cant find anything good on how to undo. Basically you have told the phone not to accept any commands from any computer it has connected to. I did what you have suggested many times to no avail spentall day rebooting, restoring trying to get motopocalypse to run. Used adb commands but phone will not accept them. could have already restored from RSD. but I was perplexed by this so I have stayed with it to find an anser. I dont get the trust this computer pop up on this phone. Everything went smooth on the other phone (Ihave 3 xt926 hd to customize) I was going to try liquid smooth on this one.  Thanks to all Maybe dhacker knows.or can figure it out 

#597 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Since you've tried everything else, try switching the runtime, rebooting, and trying again.  If you're ART, switch to DALVIK or vice versa.  Then reboot and try it again.

• nobe1976 likes this

#598 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

Since you've tried everything else, try switching the runtime, rebooting, and trying again. If you're ART, switch to DALVIK or vice versa. Then reboot and try it again.

You crack me up sometimes Sam... :lol:

The one thing that I didn't think of was while in developer setting and turning on USB debug type in the command window (adb devices). Watch your phone and it should give that window to promp permissions to adb.

new_animated_sig.gif

#599 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

You crack me up sometimes Sam... :lol: The one thing that I didn't think of was while in developer setting and turning on USB debug type in the command window (adb devices). Watch your phone and it should give that window to promp permissions to adb.

Hey....I didn't say it'd work, did I?  :)

#600 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hey....I didn't say it'd work, did I? :)

No sir you did not.... :lol:

new_animated_sig.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users