966 replies to this topic

#721 Asan2889

Asan2889

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hello everyone. Rom newbie with Bionic.... Don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but I since flashing the rom, I have only been able to see the new features of the phone for about 2 minutes. Upon first booting up, my bionic seemed to go into a boot loop... after finally getting the phone to boot up, every time I tried to link my Google account my phone would reboot.. in order to bypass this I had to skip the Google setup and try to sync it later. When I finally got to sync it later, my phone would still reboot. Once I was able to get on the phone again, I downloaded a third party text messaging app like the first post recommended and as soon as I finished the download my phone once again rebooted. What it boils down to is that my phone seems to only run for about a minute or two before rebooting all over again. I get popups saying something like the android process.com is not working. Please somebody help me so that I can finally be able to enjoy this rom the way I'm supposed to!!

#722 Terrell1433

Terrell1433

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hello everyone. Rom newbie with Bionic.... Don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but I since flashing the rom, I have only been able to see the new features of the phone for about 2 minutes. Upon first booting up, my bionic seemed to go into a boot loop... after finally getting the phone to boot up, every time I tried to link my Google account my phone would reboot.. in order to bypass this I had to skip the Google setup and try to sync it later. When I finally got to sync it later, my phone would still reboot. Once I was able to get on the phone again, I downloaded a third party text messaging app like the first post recommended and as soon as I finished the download my phone once again rebooted. What it boils down to is that my phone seems to only run for about a minute or two before rebooting all over again. I get popups saying something like the android process.com is not working. Please somebody help me so that I can finally be able to enjoy this rom the way I'm supposed to!!

Did you factory reset and clear cache? I always factory reset twice and restore cache twice. Sometimes even flash the ROM twice. I had the problem you had and rebooted into recovery and wiped everything, when I rebooted problem solved.

#723 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Also try the non oc'ed version in case your phone can't handle the speed bump. But a good wipe should fix it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

#724 Asan2889

Asan2889

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

@Terrell1433 I most definitely factory reset more than once and cleared my cache, dalvik cache, and system. I did this both over a previous rom and as a new rom in its own rom slot with Safestrap. Still having the issue. @tmyinc I will definitely try the non OC version, just out of curiosity, why would some Droid Bionics be able to handle the Over Clocking version while others cannot?

#725 Terrell1433

Terrell1433

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

@Terrell1433 I most definitely factory reset more than once and cleared my cache, dalvik cache, and system. I did this both over a previous rom and as a new rom in its own rom slot with Safestrap. Still having the issue. @tmyinc I will definitely try the non OC version, just out of curiosity, why would some Droid Bionics be able to handle the Over Clocking version while others cannot?

I never use the OC version so I didn't think about that, but once you flash and it reboots let it sit there for at least 5 minutes. I always check my signal bars and make sure that it connects to 3G and then I let it sit longer before the initial setup process.

#726 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Just due too discrepancies in the cpu chip. Same chip but different batches so some can handle the oc and some can't. My first bionic didn't get the 1.2ghz bump so it doesn't like some oc'ed roms. My latest one can hit above 1.4ghz stable oc'ed. In short some are just temperamental lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

#727 marsch

marsch

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Loving the rom. Great work. My only concern is the gallery and music library. When I open the gallery, the only pics that it shows are my picasa web albums. Is there way to get it load the pics from my sdcard? Same goes for the music, how do I play the music that is on my SD?

#728 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

MMS should now be Fixed!! Check out the flashable fix in the OP. Op also updated with changes and F.A.Q

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#729 Mr. HQ

Mr. HQ

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Verified MMS works! YES! Thanks rootuser.

Only thing I can't get to work now is NFL Mobile (not your problem)

Thanks for the JB ROM!

#730 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Verified MMS works! YES! Thanks rootuser.

Only thing I can't get to work now is NFL Mobile (not your problem)

Thanks for the JB ROM!

Glad you like it man! And NFL mobile doesnt work as all the vzw garbage has been stripped. I use ESPN scorecenter which fills all my football score needs

Posted Image

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

#731 Mr. HQ

Mr. HQ

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Understood. I use NFL Mobile to watch the primetime games live occasionally. (Sunday Night, Monday Night, Thursday Night) Thanks to safestrap I simply boot into BLURRY 1.4 & everything works. Baddass Bionic
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#732 Apeman81

Apeman81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Running this for a few hours. Snappy! Couple of issues.

I am unable to use any of the Barcode scanner programs. I assume that they initialize the default camera, which. as we know, is not functional.

AS the native hotspot function does not work, I have employed Wifi tether from Google Play. This functions, but a greatly reduced throughput. Has anyone found another app that has better speeds?

#733 BigggJack

BigggJack

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Current Device(s):Flying Jelly Bionic

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Really liking CN3!

got it set up pretty much how I want it , just a few minor things. Occasionally I need to change and change my statusbar for 100% transparency. I have not been smart enough to see if there is an app that seems to be tripping the switch

does anyone know how to get rid of the time on the lockscreen? and is there a way to change to color on the upstream/downstream data arrows?

B)  Rocking a EOL Flying Jelly Bionic B)

#734 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Fixed MMS send button theming and Updated some stuff in OP! New mms flashable zip is in same spot but labeled with todays (12-12) date! :) Enjoy

Posted Image

#735 slothy

slothy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

amazing rom! thanks!

also, i got the dropbox increase and a few days latter it was removed. any ideas?
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#736 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

amazing rom! thanks!

also, i got the dropbox increase and a few days latter it was removed. any ideas?

Did you update the app? I think thats the reason why people are losing it

Posted Image

#737 slothy

slothy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

i might have, i have autoupdate on for apps. - ill check into it. If it did update, anyway to get it back with out nuking phone?

#738 steampoet

steampoet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

The only thing holding me back from flashing this rom is BT being buggy. Has this been fixed? I've been using Icarus HD rom since there is no bugs to be had. Over all this looks like a better rom other than the the camera and BT bugs.

#739 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

The only thing holding me back from flashing this rom is BT being buggy. Has this been fixed? I've been using Icarus HD rom since there is no bugs to be had. Over all this looks like a better rom other than the the camera and BT bugs.

Unfortunately, bluetooth is still buggy, the difference is that icarus is ICS and this is jelly bean so you get updated and smoother features but have to deal with 2 bugs

Posted Image

#740 Apeman81

Apeman81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

FYI, all bar code scanners do not function. It appears they attempt to access the ROM camera, which is known not to function.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users