67 replies to this topic

#21 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

LMAO. He didn't release the source code. There IS a command line version of a CDTParser out there written in java I think. I have no experience with it. I don't even think I have it kicking around anymore. That one might work for the Linux/Mac crowd. If I knew how to parse it I could write my own but I have NO IDEA how to parse the cdt.bin.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#22 mtbrgeek

mtbrgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Twitter:mtbrgeek
  • LocationFor Twain, In Diana

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

explain what the ctd parser is
HOBite running .247 .246

#23 mtbrgeek

mtbrgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

it may be something we can use WINE on.
HOBite running .247 .246

#24 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

The CDT Parser allows you to open up the cdt.bin from an update and compare it to a previous one to see if the security on any of the partitions on your device have changed. Including the cdt.bin itself. That's how I knew 235 had increased the security and why I put out all the warnings so quickly about it. I check every time we get a new update. I want the Linux/Mac people to be self sufficient. I have a java version that can probably work on Linux/Mac but I'll need to test it. It's not as nice as the one Skrillax_CZ made, but it'd work. And yes, we should try it in WINE. If you have time, it's in the utils dir of the Windows HoB.

#25 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

something interesting i noticed just now while checking cheesecake servers...

i normally check only sdc100 since, according to matt, it's the most reliable. that's where i pulled all of the latest leaks. i just checked other staging servers for the heck of it and they still have 246 on them. what's interesting is the 247 leak has the options "download", "later", or "cancel". if i hit "cancel" it won't nag me to update. normally the only options are "download" or "later" and it will nag you until you update or wipe data. not sure what this means if anything, just an observation.

#26 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

It means it's set as an OTA update. Which is a good sign. The server you REALLY want to be checking is QA4. I'm told that's where the updates go right before they get pushed onto the production server for OTA updates. Once you see it hit that server we're likely golden.

#27 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

LMAO. He didn't release the source code. There IS a command line version of a CDTParser out there written in java I think. I have no experience with it. I don't even think I have it kicking around anymore. That one might work for the Linux/Mac crowd. If I knew how to parse it I could write my own but I have NO IDEA how to parse the cdt.bin.

Get me the JAVA source and I can parse it.

The CDT Parser allows you to open up the cdt.bin from an update and compare it to a previous one to see if the security on any of the partitions on your device have changed. Including the cdt.bin itself. That's how I knew 235 had increased the security and why I put out all the warnings so quickly about it. I check every time we get a new update. I want the Linux/Mac people to be self sufficient. I have a java version that can probably work on Linux/Mac but I'll need to test it. It's not as nice as the one Skrillax_CZ made, but it'd work. And yes, we should try it in WINE. If you have time, it's in the utils dir of the Windows HoB.

The JAVA version should also work, but I can parse the source if you happen to have it.

#28 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Knock yourself out. cdt_reader.zip in that post. I don't have time right now to decompile it and look at it. I need to get work stuff done and I need to get the Linux/Mac HoB out the door. We can always add the CDT parser later.

#29 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Thanks, will do.

#30 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

It means it's set as an OTA update. Which is a good sign. The server you REALLY want to be checking is QA4. I'm told that's where the updates go right before they get pushed onto the production server for OTA updates. Once you see it hit that server we're likely golden.

yeah I checked qa4 too, nothing.

#31 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

yeah I checked qa4 too, nothing.

I don't expect anything to show up there until next week at the earliest. They aren't ready to push it out yet.

#32 mtbrgeek

mtbrgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Sam when i get to work ill try wine.
HOBite running .247 .246

#33 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

That'd be kuel. I'm just finishing up the Linux/Mac script now. I got one freaky weird issue that I need to fix. Then I can uncomment all the fastboot commands and test it out. :) I just tested the extract recovery option. I'd say this is going to be a nice little util for the Linux/Mac crowd. You guys and gals have needed something like this for a long time.

#34 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

What's the issue?

#35 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Nothing I couldn't fix. I'm testing now. It's doing a reinstall 247 as we speak. Flashing from a VM is not...quick. I dread how long webtop will take.

#36 ReservedName

ReservedName

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

thanks for doing this samuri, if you run across any problems though just post the patched boot.img or boot.img.p and i'll patch it. As long as i can fastboot flash the new boot.img and check the forums ahead of flashing mac flashing would be ok. Appreciate the dynamic script of course.

#37 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

It's done and posted. It'll create the boot img for any update for you. All of it's tested. I fixed the dynamic menu bug last night so you guys and gals should be good to go. 100% functionally equivalent to the windows version.

#38 ReservedName

ReservedName

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

it downloads 247 for you? or....what?

#39 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

No you need the zip file. Some people are using the 247 update installer in wine to extract it. Or I can PM you a link.

#40 ReservedName

ReservedName

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

pls and thanks..also i can't run apt-get, command is not found

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users