Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

#61 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

first off..... where did you DL the utility from (the link here or somewhere else).... :) you may have gotten a corrupted or incomplete DL

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#62 Oreo_Collas

Oreo_Collas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

first off..... where did you DL the utility from (the link here or somewhere else).... :) you may have gotten a corrupted or incomplete DL

I downloaded it here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm trying to redownload in incase it was corupted.

#63 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

its also possible (even tho unlikely) that whatever antivirus you are running didn't play nice with your original DL..... some antivirus programs don't like anything that has any kind of code.... and it treats it as a virus, and removes it......

jhf.png

#64 Oreo_Collas

Oreo_Collas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

its also possible (even tho unlikely) that whatever antivirus you are running didn't play nice with your original DL..... some antivirus programs don't like anything that has any kind of code.... and it treats it as a virus, and removes it......

I just finished downloading it again. Still failed. I doubt my antivirus is doing any thing to it as it comes in a zip file and does not give me any warnings. When I run the utility Zone Alarm asks if I want to allow ADB to access the internet but that's it.

#65 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

ADB does not need access to the internet not sure why it is even asking........ so lets go out on a limb here..... check your antivirus' quarantined, or removed files..... i'm not familiar with Zone Alarm so i can't tell you where to look... :)

jhf.png

#66 Oreo_Collas

Oreo_Collas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

ADB does not need access to the internet not sure why it is even asking........ so lets go out on a limb here..... check your antivirus' quarantined, or removed files..... i'm not familiar with Zone Alarm so i can't tell you where to look... :)

Well, I never wanted ZA in the first place and I'm not sure why it's still on my computer. LOL. I uninstalled ZA. I'll install AVG later, but that did not fix the issue.

#67 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

if all you are trying to do is root (for now) try this......

.. that is the batch file for rooting only..... put it in the utility's folder and run it see what happens

jhf.png

#68 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Hello. I'm having a little trouble with rooting my Droid Razr. If any one can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Phone
System Version: 6.16.211.XT912
Android Version 4.0.4
Running ICS.

PC
Windows 7 Home Premium

*Downloaded the Droid Razr Utility. I thought I got 1.81 but the batman screen says 1.82. (I'm going to assume you unzipped)
*Downloaded and installed all motorola drivers from the Motorola website.
*Enabled USB debugging
*Enabled Unknown sources
*Plugged phone into computer using stock USB cable that came with phone.
*Enabled MTP

When I start the Droid Razr Utility I get the batman screen asking to press any ket to continue.
When I press any key the utility closes. (This is what makes me wonder if you unzipped it)

*Attempted to run as admin (Always do this)
*Followed the step by step directions at this link

and added ;C:\Windows\System32
*Attempted to download DRU 1.81 but can't seem to find any working links.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

first advice would be to not waste time downloading drivers from Motorola, the EXACT ones you need are part of the 1.82 package, there in the folder DRIVERS[REQUIRED] install the 32-bit if your win 7 is 32-bit install 64-bit if 64-bit version of windows, DO NOT install both, also see red marks in your quote.

#69 Oreo_Collas

Oreo_Collas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

if all you are trying to do is root (for now) try this......

.. that is the batch file for rooting only..... put it in the utility's folder and run it see what happens

That seems to have rooted successfully, but when I install and run "Wireless Tether for Root Users" It runs as it should, I get a super user prompt asking if I want to allow access, but my computer doesn't find the hot spot...

#70 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

That seems to have rooted successfully, but when I install and run "Wireless Tether for Root Users" It runs as it should, I get a super user prompt asking if I want to allow access, but my computer doesn't find the hot spot...

Use Foxfi and follow the ICS instructions on the Foxfi play store page.

#71 Oreo_Collas

Oreo_Collas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

Use Foxfi and follow the ICS instructions on the Foxfi play store page.

That seemed to have worked, but FoxFi says it works without root. Is there a way to test if the root worked?

#72 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

That seemed to have worked, but FoxFi says it works without root. Is there a way to test if the root worked?

several, if you have terminal emulator on your phone open it and type "su" (without quotations) and hit enter, a popup to allow or deny root access will come up then hit allow, if it doesn't error then your rooted, also there is an app called root checker you can use (I haven't), really just open any app that requires root and if you can allow without any errors then your rooted.

#73 Oreo_Collas

Oreo_Collas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

several, if you have terminal emulator on your phone open it and type "su" (without quotations) and hit enter, a popup to allow or deny root access will come up then hit allow, if it doesn't error then your rooted, also there is an app called root checker you can use (I haven't), really just open any app that requires root and if you can allow without any errors then your rooted.

Well according to these tests, my phone seems to be rooted. Thanks. ^^

#74 kyle.helmle

kyle.helmle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

This may seem like a silly question but I have a razr maxx running Verison Stock ICS 4.0.4 with system version 6.16.211.xt912. Will the option number 2 with this program root my version of the phone?

#75 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

This may seem like a silly question but I have a razr maxx running Verison Stock ICS 4.0.4 with system version 6.16.211.xt912. Will the option number 2 with this program root my version of the phone?

Absolutely it will...... that is exactly what the utility was made for..... :)
  • kyle.helmle likes this

jhf.png

#76 Streetswag187

Streetswag187

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/114192536807595252346/posts
  • LocationG- Town Rep'in

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

I was until this morning running BW Red theme with 1.2 safety strap. I woke up to the phone saying it is applying 542 upgrades. at that point it shut off and i bricked. I have tried using 1.6, 1.7 and now d/l 1.8 when i use 6.16.211 its comes up with a status 7 code. E: error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip I have downloaded 3 different versions same thing.. I tried to go down to the 6.12.181 and it says there is a signature error install aborted. I need some help, I'm stuck been at this for 5 hours

#77 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Can you get into Safestrap?? If so Factory reset and try again

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#78 neoven

neoven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Does Mr. Batman provided this Utility for GSM version of Razr ( XT910 ) ??
Or this utility support my razr XT910 ....
sorry for asking noob question ...
new to the phone and android ....

#79 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Does Mr. Batman provided this Utility for GSM version of Razr ( XT910 ) ??
Or this utility support my razr XT910 ....
sorry for asking noob question ...
new to the phone and android ....

You are in the CDMA section of this forum, go to the GSM section, I believe there is a version there, or something that does the same things anyway.

#80 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

I was until this morning running BW Red theme with 1.2 safety strap. I woke up to the phone saying it is applying 542 upgrades. at that point it shut off and i bricked. I have tried using 1.6, 1.7 and now d/l 1.8 when i use 6.16.211 its comes up with a status 7 code. E: error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip I have downloaded 3 different versions same thing.. I tried to go down to the 6.12.181 and it says there is a signature error install aborted. I need some help, I'm stuck been at this for 5 hours

OK, so what where you running before all this started? Red theme was (from what I find in searching) on add on for BW AOKP milestone 6, is this what your where on?

Also, 1.2 Safety strap? I think you mean either SAFESTRAP 2.0, 2.10 or 2.11 (as those are the versions required to run the milestone 6).

If this info is correct you never should have attempted to use DRU 1.6 and may have issues because of this,
the status code 7 error should only occur on DRU 1.7 when attempting to sideload (which requires you to copy a file to your external sd card) 6.16.211
You should have used this DRU 1.82 from the start (if the milestone 6 info is correct), I believe (may be wrong) that since you tried the DRU 1.6 you may need to do the 2 step process in 1.7, choose the option for "prepare to sideload .211" (or whatever its called) then do the .211 "update" from the file copied to the sd card.

Clear, accurate and full information of your previous setup would make it easier to help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users