Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

#81 acecducec

acecducec

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

I registered with website> downloaded file 640megs> extracted files to download folder by default > and followed instructions

How do I root 6.16.211 once I installed it?
  • Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging
  • When USB is plugged into a computer (Yes, you have to have it plugged in now :P ) go to the notification/pulldown menu. Choose the USB Mode as MTP.
  • Run option 2 on the 1.7 Utility "Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 Root"

Thank You Very Much Worked Like a Champ. Any good roms out there for Razr Maxx?

#82 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

I registered with website> downloaded file 640megs> extracted files to download folder by default > and followed instructions

• When USB is plugged into a computer (Yes, you have to have it plugged in now :P ) go to the notification/pulldown menu. Choose the USB Mode as MTP.

There is a multitude of great roms in the rom section of the forums..... :)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#83 ifonekillr

ifonekillr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:@ifonekillr
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

As usual, thanks Matt. You've saved my arse more times than I can count. :)
  • johnthehillbilly likes this
My Razr is sharp thanks to Droidrzr.com, I will cut you with it if I must.

#84 bwheelies

bwheelies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

This is the best utility yet.

It even changed my qe1/1 to qe0/1.

For as long as I can remember it has been qe1/1.

#85 fibercarbon

fibercarbon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

cant get my windows 7 64 bit to work.. keeps flashing unknown device... where are the latest drivers to download for razr maxx windows 8 64 bit

#86 tramalot

tramalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAdirondacks

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

• When USB is plugged into a computer (Yes, you have to have it plugged in now ) go to the notification/pulldown menu. Choose the USB Mode as MTP.

BW or Simplex.. I run both with SS 3 but I may go pure Simplex and run a Linux distribution 'native'

bw is a good gamer, simply is for 50 year old gamers that need stabilityread all your answers are there. YouTube is u buddy

XT912 Simplex 1.3 - 64gb SD 8gb SD-ext
razr maxx root stk OS

#87 tramalot

tramalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAdirondacks

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

try 2 run

razr maxx root stk OS

#88 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

cant get my windows 7 64 bit to work.. keeps flashing unknown device... where are the latest drivers to download for razr maxx windows 8 64 bit

Someone correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that windows 8 drivers were not available (yet) .......

jhf.png

#89 tramalot

tramalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAdirondacks

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

depends how you get them. You can still download w8 free/beta. I've run it for a year and everything is available for the phone is available too. but it is not ANDROID

razr maxx root stk OS

#90 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

depends how you get them. You can still download w8 free/beta. I've run it for a year and everything is available for the phone is available too. but it is not ANDROID

I think he was asking if they had released updated drivers for our phones that are compatible with windows 8, not how are the apps on 8.
My understanding is 7 drivers are supposed to work with 8, but from my experience with previous versions of windows I say hold back at 7 for a few months before trying anything android modding wise on 8.

#91 s0cal

s0cal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

thank you now i'm rooted :)

#92 fibercarbon

fibercarbon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

im using 8 final release pro... it isnt working... i dunno what to do... anyone have a link to latest usb driver for windows 8 64-bit for the Razr Maxx that should work? i even tried running this tool in wind xp sp3 compatibility mode and windows 7 mode and still doesnt work.. the program opens runs but does nothing to my phone..

#93 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

im using 8 final release pro... it isnt working... i dunno what to do... anyone have a link to latest usb driver for windows 8 64-bit for the Razr Maxx that should work? i even tried running this tool in wind xp sp3 compatibility mode and windows 7 mode and still doesnt work.. the program opens runs but does nothing to my phone..

What are you trying to accomplish?, have you rebooted after driver install? If you are running an emulator it wont work that way,,, as in XP emulator or windows 7 emulator, as far as I know.... Did you put the phone in all appropriate modes for the option your running?

Satman

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#94 zdrouse

zdrouse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

I'd like to note that I have used this version [1.82] to restore back to ICS 4.0.4 Stock and many of the files like 'system' failed to flash because of an unknown error. Luckily I still had the [1.8] Utility I downloaded and used the same option to restore and they all passed with 'Okay'. Are previous utility's meant to work with new ones? In my case it doesn't seem like it. Plus the links to the older Utility's don't exist anymore.

#95 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'd like to note that I have used this version [1.82] to restore back to ICS 4.0.4 Stock and many of the files like 'system' failed to flash because of an unknown error. Luckily I still had the [1.8] Utility I downloaded and used the same option to restore and they all passed with 'Okay'. Are previous utility's meant to work with new ones? In my case it doesn't seem like it. Plus the links to the older Utility's don't exist anymore.

Are you talking about the drivers? What I do with each Utility is extract the utility folder (using winrar) to C:\DroidRazrUtility. Then I re-install the Drivers, (Make sure you select the correct 32 or 64 bit driver for your version) So if I am going from 1.81 to 1.82 I install the drivers usually "Repair", Then Reboot the computer, then plug in the phone, give the pc time to detect all drivers in whatever mode your in on your phone per the instructions for the options on the utility. Then run DroidRAZRUtility.bat.. all should work..

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#96 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

liks satman said..... make sure you have the latest drivers installed (reboot PC after complete driver install).....use the OEM USB cable... it should work fine..... the "system" is the same from 1.8 to 1.81 to 1.82.... so if it fails, chances are it is not an issue with the utility.... (unless you have a corrupted download, or it unzipped improperly)

jhf.png

#97 acecducec

acecducec

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Follow up.....

Installed Safe Strap 3 from here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is the coolest rom manager you can load up safe strap 3 and it creates partitions on your SD card so that you can install multiple Roms. Then hot swap between them. I went back to my stock rom several times to backup apps and then restore on the other rom with Titanium backup . It costs like $6.00 now and used to be free but its worth it.
A little instruction.

1. Follow instructions from Above ^
2. I Install safe strap V.3

3. Boot up Safe Strap > Cick on boot options > click on Rom slot 1 > Activate > Partition space 1-2-3 Gigs I used 1 to start then formated
and reset size to 3 gigs so you can delete and reinstall a rom if you want. (also) you can install Multiple roms at one time. and you MUST keep
your stock rom. just incase. I tried Simplex first then i download SkullCandy.. The start screen is freakin sweet and the rom is lightning fast and
no bugs so far been on it a week.
4. You can download skullcandy from here.

5. Be sure to backup all your contacts to your SD card and you can retreive them on you other rom. Most Apps you wont even have to redownload you can restore them from you backup off titanium. Some wont restore and if it hangs on a restore just power off the phone and reboot. Then redownload the app. Good luck and Enjoy.

MUCH THANKS TO MATT FOR MAKING ALL THIS POSSIBLE with the simplest root i have ever done litterily it took longer to download the root software than it did to root the phone. Love IT.

#98 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

I used the 64-bit driver that came with Matt's Utility, that worked just fine. I have Windows 8 Pro. I did have troubles at first with the one I downloaded from Motorola's web site.

#99 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Follow up.....

Installed Safe Strap 3 from here

This is the coolest rom manager you can load up safe strap 3 and it creates partitions on your SD card so that you can install multiple Roms. Then hot swap between them. I went back to my stock rom several times to backup apps and then restore on the other rom with Titanium backup . It costs like $6.00 now and used to be free but its worth it.

dude there is a free version of titanium backup, the PRO version is the 6 dollar version. you can do it with the free its just more work.

#100 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

dude there is a free version of titanium backup, the PRO version is the 6 dollar version. you can do it with the free its just more work.

The $6.00 version is still worth it though :)

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users