Photo

RAZR HD/M Unlock Poll

Front Page Poll

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: RAZR HD/M KitKat Unlock (193 member(s) have cast votes)

Since root and unlock were found for KitKat on the HD/M, have you unlocked?

1. Voted Yes (117 votes [58.50%])

Percentage of vote: 58.50%

2. No (29 votes [14.50%])

Percentage of vote: 14.50%

3. Considering it...i.e. living dangerously waiting for the exploit to be closed again :) (9 votes [4.50%])

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

4. I was unlocked previously with motopocalypse (38 votes [19.00%])

Percentage of vote: 19.00%

5. i have a developer edition so I've been unlocked (7 votes [3.50%])

Percentage of vote: 3.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 protovibe

protovibe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

I am new to this site, and mostly due to this new unlock method.  Thank you for your hard work, SamuraiHL - for this and for HouseOfMoto.  I am new to the "phone" stuff but have been a GNU/Linux enthusiast for several years.  Following your guide, I successfully unlocked my xt926 :)  

I know the xt926 is getting a little old now, and for a long time no one has been able to unlock them.  But, like the rest of my digital life, I thrive on nice but used equipment (at home I use an HP Z800 running two GTX 660 SC video cards on a multi-seat linux setup - two gamers can play modern 3D games at the same time off of the same PC).  

I wound up with the xt926 after a friend of mine recently got an S5 and gave me his xt926.  I'm loving this battery life and looking forward to a good, stable custom ROM.  Coming from my background, I'm also looking forward to the new version of BotBrew in the works that will have a full implementation of dpkg and apt.  

Really glad I found this site.  Thank you to all of you who contribute :)

• SamuriHL, RikRong and watson387 like this

#42 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

We've been told that the HD soak test may be going out as early as tomorrow.  If you've not unlocked yet, please do so immediately.  I don't want to see missed opportunity and regret from this community.  This is a HUGE gift....unwrap it immediately.  :)

Non potest esse nisi unus

#43 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

We were told correct, btw.  New soak is out and posted.  We do not (yet) know about unlocking, but, it's at least rootable.

#44 jlstark1

jlstark1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

This HD was my daughters phone until a couple of weeks ago. She got a new phone and I was having issues with my Bionic so thought I would give her Razr HD a try. First thing I did was come here looking for root and rom options and stumbled on the recently revived unlocked bootloader! So, yep, rooted and unlocked. 

A big thanks to those who made it all possible!

• SamuriHL, nal and watson387 like this

#45 miss_sticks

miss_sticks

Lurker Extrordinaire

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):xt1687

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

Lost my dad (who had an HD) in March. Mom is on a Centro that she's had for 5 years. The next time I go visit her, I'm going to root/unlock... TiBu dad's old data and try to get mom set up with the phone. She has an Iconia so she's familiar of the tech but she's also wary of having a smartphone. (Well, a real smartphone.)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2

#46 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

Some of us are curious how many people have unlocked since it was found that the KitKat build allows unlock again.

the motopacalypse app i have posted on xda and other forums has 1007 downloads in less than a month. possibly as many as 500 more from the razr hd utility since i put the app back in it.

edit, i forgot, i have it hosted on another account too, but that one doesn't record downloads.

#47 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

the motopacalypse app i have posted on xda and other forums has 1007 downloads in less than a month. possibly as many as 500 more from the razr hd utility since i put the app back in it.

edit, i forgot, i have it hosted on another account too, but that one doesn't record downloads.

Holy frack.  LOL!

#48 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD xt907/26, LG G2, Nexus 7 2012

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

oh wow, thats amazing!

#49 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,340 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

The modified version of the PC version of the app that I hosted has an addition 350 downloads.  Good lord.  :)

#50 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Just think if everyone donated an average of $5 each.. . Easily attainable but....... Sent from my S-Offed One M8

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#51 In Awe

In Awe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

I have, I just wish that we could downgrade and use the Jellybean stuff. That is my only regret. But I have the tether working now and running stock Kitkat, so that is working for me now.I'm going to update the wife's phone to KitKat, root and unlock. It's rooted on Jellybean and updates are frozen, so I have time. I will leave her on stock with bloat frozen.Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Well the wife's phone is now unlocked. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL and pratul_09 like this

#52 Tuplicachile

Tuplicachile

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD XT926

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

Actually just signed up here (referred from xda-dev) to find out if it were possible/how/whether to take the OTA. I just unlocked the phone last weekend for use on AT&T GO, and I'm missing the hotspot/tethering something fierce. Big relief seeing this!

So cover me; I'm going in.

:-O

#53 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

I've also tried to share links to this site from some others (Like DroidForums).

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#54 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

Officially unlocked 3 devices using this, 4th coming soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL likes this
Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#55 morrisr3nd

morrisr3nd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMississippi
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razor Maxx HD

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

I've rooted and unlocked 2. I bricked one of them however but I'm still going.

#56 Kitsune

Kitsune

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

I rooted and unlocked KitKat, and it's the first time for any of my Moto phones.  Yea!  This is awesome. Thanks guys. 

Losing tethering pushed me over the line.  Gotta get tethering back then start cleaning out bloat. 

#57 smb5769

smb5769

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Droid Turbo

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'm unlocked like a boss! Don't know what to do with it like a flunky... But I'm unlocked! Verizon and Google ain't takin my root no more! Lol!
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

#58 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

I'm unlocked like a boss! Don't know what to do with it like a flunky... But I'm unlocked! Verizon and Google ain't takin my root no more! Lol!

Well.... Even if you are not sure (yet) what to do with it....... Unlocked is unlocked!!!!!

HD tapadriving..... hillbilly style!!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#59 Jsimo

Jsimo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD xt926

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

I'll have to say when I first delved into how to do this, I was pretty intimidated. But my frustrations with KK spurred me to act. As a newbie, I only felt comfortable to proceed after a lot of reading. In the end, it wasn't too complex.

Next step for me is to return to JB. My phone functioned much better on that OS.

• 7eregrine likes this

Simo

#60 snowman

snowman

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSparta, Tn.
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

Oh yeah saved my tail a few times
Do it now you may not be able to later