Photo

[Rom] [Razr Cdma] Evolution 5.1 | ICS 4.0.4 | [Updated] [12/10/12]

roms ics deodexed init.d

• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

Poll: [Rom] [Razr Cdma] Evolution 5.1 | ICS 4.0.4 | [Updated] [12/10/12] (328 member(s) have cast votes)

Which look do you prefer?

1. Voted Inverted Black (243 votes [74.09%])

Percentage of vote: 74.09%

2. Stock Blur (85 votes [25.91%])

Percentage of vote: 25.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#521 Dabuck217

Dabuck217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSpringville, NY

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

This rom gets the best signal all day long, i am getting great 4G. The only issue is my battery stats are all off and i have tried running the battery down and recharging complete but for some reason the stats are way off, i will loose 20% in no time and then it will drain supper slow.

#522 Kyle06

Kyle06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

So far this is my favorite rom, but can it be themed?, still learning slowly but surely

#523 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

There are lots of themes for this in the theme section. :) only issue I just found is when I turn my volume down with the buttons it only turns my phone ring tone down and not my text ringtone. I didn't see any way to combine it either. Not a big deal though

#524 Ruckas

Ruckas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

I am a little new to imaging Droids, so this might be a stupid question.

I was able install safestrap 3.06, make a new rom slot, and flash this Evo 5.1 rom. After it loaded, I disabled the APEX Launcher and right away tried to setup a wifi hotspot. I wasn't able to set it because it's still asking Verizon if I have that feature on my account.

I got this rom specifically to use the wifi hot spot (tether). I saw in the very early posts back in October several people saying they got it working. Why won't it work? Did I miss something!? I can't imagine removing APEX Launcher gimped that part of the OS.

Thank you!

(humble rookie)

#525 spl152db

spl152db

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Built in tether will never work unless you pay. Use foxfi or garden wifi

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#526 Ruckas

Ruckas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Built in tether will never work unless you pay. Use foxfi or garden wifi

You sir are my hero! *starts shining his shoes* Many thanks!

#527 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAlabama-ROLL TIDE!
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx-Asus Transformer TF700

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

I am a little new to imaging Droids, so this might be a stupid question.

I was able install safestrap 3.06, make a new rom slot, and flash this Evo 5.1 rom. After it loaded, I disabled the APEX Launcher and right away tried to setup a wifi hotspot. I wasn't able to set it because it's still asking Verizon if I have that feature on my account.

I got this rom specifically to use the wifi hot spot (tether). I saw in the very early posts back in October several people saying they got it working. Why won't it work? Did I miss something!? I can't imagine removing APEX Launcher gimped that part of the OS.

Thank you!

(humble rookie)

Use sqlite editor hack then reboot and it will work.

mwcyo7.png

#528 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Halo 13 are we gonna see Evolution ROM on jelly bean with the great signal, inverted gapps, and blacked out.

mwcyo7.png

#529 Kyle06

Kyle06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

I would like to see this also!

#530 aksaunders

aksaunders

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Speaking of battery, maybe someone can help. I flashed this earlier yesterday morning and it is working great for me but I am annoyed by the second battery icon in my status bar and for the life of me, can not figure out why it is there.

Attached Files

#531 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

That's from an app...maybe notification toggle?

#532 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Widgetsoid will add that extra battery icon also.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

#533 spl152db

spl152db

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

take a picture, try to share immediately after taking, the phone forces a reboot and the picture is lost. try to take a video in the lowest quality setting, the phone locks up (and probably reboots). I don't get all my notifications from text messages. While I love this ROM, I will be going back to a stock ROM at this point. I need my text messages to work properly for work.

#534 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

take a picture, try to share immediately after taking, the phone forces a reboot and the picture is lost. try to take a video in the lowest quality setting, the phone locks up (and probably reboots). I don't get all my notifications from text messages. While I love this ROM, I will be going back to a stock ROM at this point. I need my text messages to work properly for work.

Mine don't, it works perfect but I'm on evolution 5 and not 5.1. I like 5 better.

Sent From My Droid Spyder Running Evolution 5

mwcyo7.png

#535 spl152db

spl152db

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I'm on 5 as well.

#536 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Did you follow the OP and do the necessary wipes before flashing?

#537 spl152db

spl152db

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Did you follow the OP and do the necessary wipes before flashing?

yup sure did. I've even redone my phone recently because I bricked it trying to go back to stock which it won't. Still did it after.

#538 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

yup sure did. I've even redone my phone recently because I bricked it trying to go back to stock which it won't. Still did it after.

I'm not sure what you've got going on there, this is the first i've heard of any of these issues. Been using this version flawlessly up until Monday when I went to JB. Which Safestrap version are you on?

#539 spl152db

spl152db

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

I'm not sure what you've got going on there, this is the first i've heard of any of these issues. Been using this version flawlessly up until Monday when I went to JB. Which Safestrap version are you on?

not sure honestly. If its not a repeatable issue then don't worry. I'll be getting this phone replaced for a hardware issue once I get it back to stock.

#540 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

not sure honestly. If its not a repeatable issue then don't worry. I'll be getting this phone replaced for a hardware issue once I get it back to stock.

You have a hardware issue?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roms, ics, deodexed, init.d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users