T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • Google+:t3t3droid@gmail.com
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, SGS4

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

Well looks like I am looking for a new rom. Great rom keep of the good work but I feel as if it shouldnt be a rom makers decision to allow and disallow stuff.

We allow hotspot and disallow ads... But I guess you aren't upset about those... Besides I didn't do either allow or disallow this I just decided not to help... Which is the first time I've done that in the 4 roms on 3 phones that we have. Truly sorry to see you go and hopefully no hard feelings...
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
If you like our work please consider
Donating towards
Phones and Site costs :D Thanks!!

#2322 zackdmack

zackdmack

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

We allow hotspot and disallow ads... But I guess you aren't upset about those... Besides I didn't do either allow or disallow this I just decided not to help... Which is the first time I've done that in the 4 roms on 3 phones that we have. Truly sorry to see you go and hopefully no hard feelings...

The hotspot and no ads are great. I love the rom. But saying even if it did work I would find a way to disable it is not so much. I am probably going to stay on this rom because I am too lazy to back up and reflash. hue hue hue.

#2323 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

The hotspot and no ads are great. I love the rom. But saying even if it did work I would find a way to disable it is not so much. I am probably going to stay on this rom because I am too lazy to back up and reflash. hue hue hue.

Well glad to still have you :-) I stand by my comment but I am sorry if I offended you in any way...
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
Donating towards

#2324 Mr. HQ

Mr. HQ

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Offensive ROM? That's gotta be a new rom name when we get the JB kernel. :D
  • T3T3droid and jp1044 like this

#2325 seventhgate

seventhgate

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

What kind of issues were you having? And just to clarify, you didn't install Icarus HD on the stock slot, right?

Didn't install on the stock slot. It won't let me install anything on that slot, as I have tried. Issues I was having with the stock, was that there were some apps that wouldn't work right, but others that I know who have a Bionic, it would work for them. So that is why I finally decided to do a ROM, since I basically was going that route with everything I was modding and removing.

#2326 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Didn't install on the stock slot. It won't let me install anything on that slot, as I have tried. Issues I was having with the stock, was that there were some apps that wouldn't work right, but others that I know who have a Bionic, it would work for them. So that is why I finally decided to do a ROM, since I basically was going that route with everything I was modding and removing.

What do you mean it won't let you install anything on the stock side. Do you have your stock slot set up yet? Don't mean any offense by my post, just jumping in on the chat.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#2327 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Sounds like an out of date safestrap

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#2328 tw1n5nak35

tw1n5nak35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, U.S
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy JuggerNote3 (SM-N900V)

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

What do you mean it won't let you install anything on the stock side. Do you have your stock slot set up yet? Don't mean any offense by my post, just jumping in on the chat.

Correct and I agree, which version of safestrap are you using?

Previous Device: Motorola Droid Bionic (XT875)                                            Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Juggernote3 (SM-N900V)
Roms: EclipseICS, IcarusHD, WizzedBean, Executioner and Stock                Roms: Hyperdrive, Eclipse, Jasemine, Bigginz and Stock
Recovery: Safestrap v3.11                                                                             Recovery: Safestrap v3.75

#2329 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

You can't install a ROM zip directly to the stock slot. You'll boot loop. You have to install the ROM to a slot, back it up, then restore it to the stock slot to get a custom ROM to boot on the stock slot

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#2330 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

You can't install a ROM zip directly to the stock slot. You'll boot loop. You have to install the ROM to a slot, back it up, then restore it to the stock slot to get a custom ROM to boot on the stock slot

Understand that. I'm just not following his posts. I was thinking in terms he's trying to install Icarus before he's established his stock slot.

• jp1044 likes this

#2331 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Understand that. I'm just not following his posts. I was thinking in terms he's trying to install Icarus before he's established his stock slot.

Ahhh I see where you're coming from

#2332 seventhgate

seventhgate

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

SafeStrap v3.11. Stock slot is set up, just nothing installed on it right now. Icarus on Rom-Slot-1. No other Rom's installed but this one.
  • Bama likes this

#2333 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

SafeStrap v3.11. Stock slot is set up, just nothing installed on it right now. Icarus on Rom-Slot-1. No other Rom's installed but this one.

Unless I'm mistaken you have to set up stock slot first. I started with 246, installed ss and set 246 as my stock slot, then created rom slots to flash roms. You can't just install ss and flash a rom in slot 1. I'm not thinking there is any way around that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#2334 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Like milski said, you should have the stock slot set up and working before you start installing roms. You can use the House of Bionic to restore your phone to stock .246 and go from there. Beware that it will wipe everything on your phone but the internal SD card so be careful and backup what you need.

#2335 Bama

Bama

Needs Beer

• Superuser
  • 582 posts
  • Locationsalem,al

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

theres a reason stock slot is called stock slot

#2336 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

JP and T3T3:
I have been noticing that when I have my Bionic in the car charger running IcarusHD, I get repeated messages to disconnect the charger and the USB port on the car flashes. The phone does not charge. I don't have this issue with the JB and Stock ROM, so I don't think that it is a hardware issue. Do you have a fix?
Thanks,

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#2337 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

EDIT: T3T3 is right...I'm losing my mind. I think its time to go to bed. Sorry ;)

#2338 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

JP and T3T3:
I have been noticing that when I have my Bionic in the car charger running IcarusHD, I get repeated messages to disconnect the charger and the USB port on the car flashes. The phone does not charge. I don't have this issue with the JB and Stock ROM, so I don't think that it is a hardware issue. Do you have a fix?
Thanks,

JP is thinking about RAZR lol... There haven't been any known issues with IHDs charger or USB connectivity... Did you try wiping and reflashing? Or delete and recreate rom slot?
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
Donating towards

#2339 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

JP is thinking about RAZR lol... There haven't been any known issues with IHDs charger or USB connectivity... Did you try wiping and reflashing? Or delete and recreate rom slot?

Well I'll be damned...you're right. I just need to go to bed lol

#2340 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'll give it a try. Thanks. I didn't see JP's post. What did he say :) LOL

Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users