jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

I'll give it a try. Thanks. I didn't see JP's post. What did he say :) LOL

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

I didn't say a single thing. I don't know what t3t3 is talking about :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#2342 timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes

• Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Well looks like I am looking for a new rom. Great rom keep of the good work but I feel as if it shouldnt be a rom makers decision to allow and disallow stuff.

I'm glad your sticking with this rom. They put a ton of work and effort into it. That being said, the benefit of making their own rom and sharing it with the community for free is that they can choose to allow/disallow anything they want. My intent isn't to insult you but its a tad disrespectful to make comments like that to the developers.

Sent from Above

• T3T3droid, jp1044, Aldroid33 and 3 others like this
Sent from Above

#2343 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

JP1044 I think you need to go to bed:p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#2344 seventhgate

seventhgate

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Like milski said, you should have the stock slot set up and working before you start installing roms. You can use the House of Bionic to restore your phone to stock .246 and go from there. Beware that it will wipe everything on your phone but the internal SD card so be careful and backup what you need.

Ok guys! Yes on the first install of a ROM, you need to have the stock slot set up so that you can install safestrap. After that, it is not needed. I decided to dump IcarusHD and go with the Icarus Remix. Camera and all worked on it and then it didn't after doing some other things. Found that the problem was all related to enabling the No-frills CPU Control. Whether just applying or setting to apply on boot, it would cause the camera apps to come up with the "error=1, try using a task killer or reboot the phone" message and wifi-tether would quit working after a few. Disabled that and everything works. I'm sure that would have worked on plain IcarusHD, but for now I'm sticking with the Remix. Thanks to all those that tried to help. Phone is and has been running better than ever with the stock crap gone.

#2345 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Ok guys! Yes on the first install of a ROM, you need to have the stock slot set up so that you can install safestrap. After that, it is not needed. I decided to dump IcarusHD and go with the Icarus Remix. Camera and all worked on it and then it didn't after doing some other things. Found that the problem was all related to enabling the No-frills CPU Control. Whether just applying or setting to apply on boot, it would cause the camera apps to come up with the "error=1, try using a task killer or reboot the phone" message and wifi-tether would quit working after a few. Disabled that and everything works. I'm sure that would have worked on plain IcarusHD, but for now I'm sticking with the Remix. Thanks to all those that tried to help. Phone is and has been running better than ever with the stock crap gone.

Unfortunately we can't really support the Remix version of the ROM because it really isn't even Icarus HD anymore after what SPJESTER has done to it. If you have the same problem on the real Icarus HD, then we can talk.

#2346 Coo1GuyPau1

Coo1GuyPau1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic ROOTED thanks to DanNSam

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Just wanted to say THANKS for this ROM, it's obvious that a ton of time and effort were put into it. Prior to this ROM, used Eclipse on ICS and GB, it was/is really good. Tried this and a few others since, but came back to this. It's clean, loaded with features and options, and runs SUPER SMOOOOOTH.

Wanted to post today though for extra thanks because my phone crashed today (had to go back to stock on SS and delete all other slots) and when I was getting it back up and running, I put Icarus HD on and found it so awesome with all the mods you guys have. Your current toggles and pull down kinda trip me out (but if no mods available I'd be happy and not say a word about it), just hard on my eyes (must be getting old), but those mods readily available let me just switch the toggle icons and customize it for my preference.

I don't get a lot of time for messin with phones, but wouldn't be able to do it at all if it weren't for guys like you being generous enough to share your cool ch!t.

Thanks jp1044, T3T3droid, jayrod, bamafan39!
  • jp1044, Bama, matjmonk and 1 other like this

#2347 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

You can use the utility in the second post to restore Icarus HD 1.5 style toggles or stock style toggles.

#2348 Coo1GuyPau1

Coo1GuyPau1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic ROOTED thanks to DanNSam

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I should have been clearer, that's exactly what I did :) I was posting was to try and say u guys providing those extra files is above and beyond cool. Thanks!

#2349 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

I should have been clearer, that's exactly what I did :) I was posting was to try and say u guys providing those extra files is above and beyond cool. Thanks!

Oh haha! No worries and you are very welcome!

#2350 tedtest

tedtest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

I cannot send or recieve MMS text messages on wifi only on Data plan. It tells me i dont have a connection.is their a way to fix this? Also my email doesnt work as far as recieving my mail, it always tells me i have no mail when i do if i log on through browser.i like this ROM alot but need to get these working.someone please help.

#2351 tedtest

tedtest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

I looked through alot of this thread to maybe find answer but no luck so far

#2352 Platy87

Platy87

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):VZW Moto X DE

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Have you checked all your email settings? Or maybe even remove the accounts and set them up again? I had the sync mysteriously get turned off before.

#2353 tedtest

tedtest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

I will try and remove them and start again and see what happens

#2354 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:1kamisan
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Current Device(s):Bionic Galaxy GSIII

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

I cannot send or recieve MMS text messages on wifi only on Data plan. It tells me i dont have a connection.is their a way to fix this? Also my email doesnt work as far as recieving my mail, it always tells me i have no mail when i do if i log on through browser.i like this ROM alot but need to get these working.someone please help.

Not sure if this will help but I have run into similar things in the past-
Often the problems arise if you restore system data from a backup where the backup was a different system... I.e. phone settings from stock rom or some other rom restored onto this one...

Not sure if you did this, but... if you restored APPS from a backup email often gets dorked. If that happened you can go to your apps and clear cache and DATA and then re-sign in so your email will re-sync it may fix it for you. Gmail has done that to me alot in the past. Now I always let the rom run for a while then only restore data to SMS messages and games. All others re set up.. less headache.

As to your data issues on wifi it almost sounds like your router is not giving you a complete connection. You can forget and then re setup your wifi point and use advanced settings and check to see if you have keep wifi on during sleep to on,, frequency band to AUTO, region code to US, and see if you seeing a legit IP address for the range you set your router to allow. If your wifi does not get a proper link it will just grab a public ip that does not work. It might say connected,, on a full blown pc you see this as connected with problems when you look but on our phones we do not get as much detail.

If you did a restore like Titantium backup and your not sure what you may have overwritten I would re install, wipe cache and data,, then run the rom and reboot then restore apps without data,, reboot then restore data on safe apps like games and non rom tweaking apps. Never seem to have good things happen with restoring data to apps like... motomizer expert edition, set cpu, rom toolbox pro,, anything that might modify the rom on startup.. those apps need to be re setup.

If you did not do any restore of anything and merely are having this problem I would boot into recovery, wipe, wipe wipe, and re install. And by wipe I mean factory reset (wipes data as well as cache)
That should remove any trace that might be staying around to dork the rom. This rom is really solid and usually it is outside junk that mucks it up.

just my .02 worth.
I don't dial 911

#2355 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

Do you have your cell connection disabled? (3G/4G)

#2356 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

JP, like your new Avatar!!B)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#2357 tedtest

tedtest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

I didn't res!tore anything from titanium. The only thing i restored with email was my phone contacts with g mail.i have my stock system and apps backed up on my external 32 gig sd card would that effect anything at all.
!

#2358 tedtest

tedtest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Do you have your cell connection disabled? (3G/4G)

what do you mean by disabled? I dont have wifi and data plan running at same time i have data OFF if thats what you mean.

#2359 tedtest

tedtest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

I have tried everything that has been suggested to me and even deleted and re downloaded the 1.7.4 and patch again from Team lite speed site, and wifi is still acting weird. I can browse but as far as loading emails and sending mms messeges via text it wont let me. Lets me set up my email account and finds it but doesnt see when trying to send pictures and refresh email messages. Thing i noticed is that my MAC address and IP address are different from stock ROM. The last number in IP addy in the Icarus is off. How can i fix this?

#2360 tedtest

tedtest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Wanted go add that the icarus 1.7.4 hd im talking about is on ROM slot 1 and im using v3.11 safestrap. I have tried to put it in the other 3 slots just to see also but didnt work. Also its the only other ROM i have besides Stock of course.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users