#1 JOSHDICETN

JOSHDICETN

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Greetings,

I have a Droid Bionic running ICS leak 6.7.2.2231 and would like to prepare for the ICS OTA. My wife also has a Bionic with the same leak version and I used her's as the "test" to use HOB to go back to 905 (the option where you don't lose your data). Everything seemed to work smoothly until the bootup after the update was applied. She received forced closed error messages and couldn't access anything. I tried to run HOB again back to 905 and this time we got a AP Flash Boot Failure. I then used the 905 (factory reset) version and now it is working great, however, she lost all of her data obviously. Is there any way for me to take my leaked version back to whatever it needs to be in order to receive the OTA when it rolls out AND not lose any of my data? I have a non-rooted Droid. Is there a way to backup all my apps and data prior to trying to rollback? I am new at this that's why I safely took the leak version without having to root. I'm just concerned about losing my apps and data, I have a whole lot of stuff I simply can't afford to lose. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

#2 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

You can, but when moving from GB to ICS it is advisable that you start with a fresh slate - performing a Factory Data Reset.

To prevent the .905 FXZ from erasing apps and data and your internal storage, extract the .905 FXZ to its own folder, then edit the XML file in hte FXZ to skip the wiping of internal storage and userdata.

The lines to remove are as follows:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Then use RSD to point to that modified XML

To only prevent the internal storage from being erased (but allowing for erasing of userdata i.e. apps and relatd data) remove only the second line.

#3 JustAGuy

JustAGuy

This is only a test

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts
  • LocationSouthern New Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Z300M, Nexus 7

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

If you don't want to lose your data, just flash forward with HoB to 426.

Pixel 2 XL, Pixel XL, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 7,  Samsung GS3, Bionic, OG Droid, SCH-i760, a flip phone or two, and a few others.

#4 JOSHDICETN

JOSHDICETN

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. If I flash forward with HoB to 426 will I still be on the OTA path? Or will I have to flash back to 905 in order to stay on the OTA path?

#5 unbesorgt

unbesorgt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationQwghlm
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the replies. If I flash forward with HoB to 426 will I still be on the OTA path? Or will I have to flash back to 905 in order to stay on the OTA path?

246 is the OTA so yes, you will be on the OTA path.

#6 JOSHDICETN

JOSHDICETN

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Awesome, thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Droid Bionic, ICS leak, 6.7.2231, OTA update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users