457 replies to this topic

#421 vanderchevy18

vanderchevy18

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

I've been running this for a few weeks now and I love it! Fast, smooth, and not one force close! I do have one problem though. Netflix on web top isn't working for me. I can hook up a standard HDMI cable and choose web top and see everything on the TV perfectly...... except Netflix. It keeps telling me it cannot reach the Netflix server and to try again later. If I unplug the HDMI cable it works fine. While plugged in I can watch YouTube videos in HD, watched recorded videos, and surf the web. Just no Netflix. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#422 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

I keep getting FC about email engine iirc. I'll post the exact message next time I get it. It mentioned some process called com.Motorola.??? I can't remember the last part.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Edit: Just got it again.

"The application Email Engine (process com.motorola.service.main) has stopped unexpectedly."

#423 spartan466

spartan466

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:spartan466

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

I keep getting FC about email engine iirc. I'll post the exact message next time I get it. It mentioned some process called com.Motorola.??? I can't remember the last part.

Edit: Just got it again.

"The application Email Engine (process com.motorola.service.main) has stopped unexpectedly."

I got this occasionally as well. I flashed all of the Blur back in and then it went away. There is likely one Blur .apk that was removed that the Email.apk needs. The Blur stuff is so interdependant, it's hard to figure out what you can safely delete. So, I just added Blur back in and then froze what I didn't want. Running great now!

#424 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

I'll try that. Thanks for the quick reply.

#425 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

I got this occasionally as well. I flashed all of the Blur back in and then it went away. There is likely one Blur .apk that was removed that the Email.apk needs. The Blur stuff is so interdependant, it's hard to figure out what you can safely delete. So, I just added Blur back in and then froze what I didn't want. Running great now!

Got a question about the Blur add on. The instructions I saw about two pages back mentioned doing another format system, but when I did that I just got stuck in a boot loop again so I used the fastboot files to recover. Do I just need to wipe data and cache then install zip from sdcard?

I'm using bootstrap, also. I read in the razrx rom thread that with bootstrap you don't format system, true?

#426 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

Got a question about the Blur add on. The instructions I saw about two pages back mentioned doing another format system, but when I did that I just got stuck in a boot loop again so I used the fastboot files to recover. Do I just need to wipe data and cache then install zip from sdcard?

I'm using bootstrap, also. I read in the razrx rom thread that with bootstrap you don't format system, true?

You only wipe Cache and Dalvik. Formatting the system wipes out the ROM.

#427 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

You only wipe Cache and Dalvik. Formatting the system wipes out the ROM.

Thanks DT. I'm working on getting over the learning curve. Two fastboot recoveries in two days, but I'm starting to make sense of it all now.

#428 razr1

razr1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Will this work on the newest OTA?

#429 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Will this work on the newest OTA?

I believe it will, however if you use Bluetooth I believe it will reboot if you try to enable it. I would wait for DT to come back from his vacation, he might update this rom for the new version, if we are nice and don't pester him lol

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#430 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

I believe it will, however if you use Bluetooth I believe it will reboot if you try to enable it. I would wait for DT to come back from his vacation, he might update this rom for the new version, if we are nice and don't pester him lol

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

This crackflasher looking forward to the new update. :-)

#431 olivete

olivete

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hello guys! First post here and new new new to Android.

I am a Brazilian and got a brazilian Droid Razr.

I read about 17 pages here and have found some tips, but I would like to ask again so I dont do anything stupid. Hope you guys dont mind.

DT I dont know you, but as I could see, ppl love you, so I gonna choose your ROM :)

My phone is "brand new", only have few apps running like GO Launcher and so.

There is any topic/video telling what do from "zero"?

I know I should use TitanBackup (which I dont have yet) and my main concern is: That rom is compatible with my phone? Do I need to post any additional info here? As far as I know I have a Droid RAZR XT910.

If you guys have a guide I will appreciate!!! Thanks alot and sorry if my post is just to useless.

Ahhh... my phone is also not rooted yet.

#432 dwmackay

dwmackay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Greetings All,

Enjoying my new Razr Maxx and this awesome ROM. Sorry if this is outlined here, but having read through al the posts I did not see what I was looking for.

What is the story on BlueTooth? I use BT quite a bit on the stock ROM. But I have flashed 2 ROMS and both just reboot the phone when I try to turn on BlueTooth. If I exit Safe Recovery and go back to stcok all works fine.

I am using SafeStrap and have the latest Stock updates from Verizon applied on the original factory ROM prior to flashing this ROM.

Is there something I am doing wrong regarding BlueTooth or do I need to wait for some sort of fix before I can flash other ROMS?

Any advice is appreciated.

Many thanks for sharing the outstandig work here.

Doug M.

#433 JBeXX

JBeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

Greetings All,

Enjoying my new Razr Maxx and this awesome ROM. Sorry if this is outlined here, but having read through al the posts I did not see what I was looking for.

What is the story on BlueTooth? I use BT quite a bit on the stock ROM. But I have flashed 2 ROMS and both just reboot the phone when I try to turn on BlueTooth. If I exit Safe Recovery and go back to stcok all works fine.

I am using SafeStrap and have the latest Stock updates from Verizon applied on the original factory ROM prior to flashing this ROM.

Is there something I am doing wrong regarding BlueTooth or do I need to wait for some sort of fix before I can flash other ROMS?

Any advice is appreciated.

Many thanks for sharing the outstandig work here.

Doug M.

Welcome to the RAZR :)
The Bluetooth issue is caused by running any rom built on the 748 base with the newest 173 ota update that it sounds like you have.
There are a few roms built on 173 here on the forum. Just read the ops for system info.
Good luck and happy flashing.

#434 BringItSon

BringItSon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

its asking me to do the OTA update... should i do it??

the notification keeps bothering me...

#435 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

its asking me to do the OTA update... should i do it??

the notification keeps bothering me...

Mixed reviews on 173. My data connection has gone to garbage with the update

Typed from my sick TRUE ICY BLUE KEYBOARD on my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZR SHARP RAZR MAXX ROCKIN ECLIPSE FRANKENSTEIN AND A SUPER LONG SIGNATURE

#436 BringItSon

BringItSon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

Mixed reviews on 173. My data connection has gone to garbage with the update

Typed from my sick TRUE ICY BLUE KEYBOARD on my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZR SHARP RAZR MAXX ROCKIN ECLIPSE FRANKENSTEIN AND A SUPER LONG SIGNATURE

Wut I am asking is I already have this infex rom installed. Would installing oat update be fine?
Thx ahead

#437 BringItSon

BringItSon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Wut I am asking is I already have this infex rom installed. Would installing oat update be fine?
Thx ahead

Anyone?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

#438 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Anyone?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Did you use bootstrap or safestrap? If SS, you can just disable safe system (if its unaltered stock rooted build), apply Voodoo rootkeeper, then update and re-toggle safe system to get back to Infex. Otherwise you may have to take a few additional steps if you installed via bootstrap.

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#439 BringItSon

BringItSon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Did you use bootstrap or safestrap? If SS, you can just disable safe system (if its unaltered stock rooted build), apply Voodoo rootkeeper, then update and re-toggle safe system to get back to Infex. Otherwise you may have to take a few additional steps if you installed via bootstrap.

[ sent from _base2 ]

Thank you for the reply. It was definitely bootstrap...

Well time to check out other Roms that are up to date

#440 Muteki

Muteki

• Superuser
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

New here but this rom looks great. Thanks for all the hard work.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users