#381 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:54 AM

No reset, no light, no anything. LOL. Went black and thats it. Let it on the charger all night to be sure, still nothing.

You didn't happen to buy one of the factory cables from TBH did ya. It should force the phone in flash mode even if the battery is dead or whatever on the device. If that doens't get it to do anything then I'd say something is seriosuly wrong with the device

#382 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

You didn't happen to buy one of the factory cables from TBH did ya. It should force the phone in flash mode even if the battery is dead or whatever on the device. If that doens't get it to do anything then I'd say something is seriosuly wrong with the device

No sir I didn't. Usually you can at least see a flash or a attempt to start. I don't think it has anything to do with the battery though. I had plenty of power in it.

#383 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

Make sure we are aware of the
Razr ,dev Giveaway

check it out here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#384 con5tant

con5tant

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

I cant tell you the actual differences since I didnt make the rom, but this infex seems like a "fuller" rom with more done to it. It seems quite a bit butteryer (not a word i know!) So its super quick. Battery life is really good on both. I would say try both and see what you like but infex is newer and getting more updates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

thank you

This ROM:

RazrX:

Plus, DT's custom scripts have been updated since RazrX

yea, this doesn't really help me since i don't really know what any of those things are lol. all i know is that i looked at the RazrX screenshots and the Infex screenshots and they looked the same to me

#385 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

I fast booted back to stock ,rooted,ota rootkeeper,took the OTA ,then flashed this after making a backup in safestrap.All I can say is this Rom rocks! I dont know if Verizon was down today,or my phone is that bad,but I was out today about 4 hrs,in areas with strong 3g and 4 g service,and I had 3G data about 15 minutes in 4 hrs,and i tried letting it switch to 4g,and i couldnt get 4g to connect where I had no problem yesterday on the leaked software...I think somethings amiss with verizon because before the leaked 2.3.6 I had way better data than i did today,I would have data maybe 60% of the time i was driving.....now on the leaked software I have it about 90-95% of the time.. I even tried the apple app that helps restore data, all it did was kill my bluetooth connection between my phone and radio,so i couldnt listen to my playlists...it did nothing to restore data,and it usually does help...So I think Im headed back to stock rom,froze bloat on leaked 2.3.6, my phone doesnt connect worth a darn on 2.3.5. I cant wait now for the leaked version to get some love. :). Again this rom flies on my phone! Great work!

#386 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

I tired using Big's stock ui zip but again I found that the power toggle widget doesn't revert. I even tried taking the power toggle apk and odex from a stock rom but still no luck. What file controls that? (I'm talking specifically about the "Toggle: Power control" widget

Kind of a moot point with the deodex ROM having the toggles in the drop down. But in case anyone else was wondering, its in Settings.apk

#387 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Just want to say I've tried all the roms available for the Razr in the last 2 days and this one is by far the fastest smoothest and best running ...unfortunately I'm back on stock with bloat frozen ...I cannot run on anything less than the leaked software...I cannot get data most of the time otherwise....and I use Bluetooth audio everyday in 3 different vehicles...

#388 Lumber

Lumber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

A few questions I have, I'm new but a quick learn.

- Running Android version 2.3.5; Kernel Version 2.6.35-7-ge88eaad; System version 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US(I OTA'd once); Rooted with zergrush v2 (

); Safestrap 1.07 installed. Only root changes I did were some minor tweaks with rom toolbox, motomizer etc to tweak battery life. Installed titanium backup free and backed up "all apps+system data" .... can I install this rom without turning my phone into a bulletproof paperweight?

- Will the optimization tweaks have any effect on the longevity of the device?

- Earlier in the thread it mentions you don't have to wipe or something, just like, the cache and stuff. In layman's terms, will I loose my contacts and texts? To what extent, and how, should I back up my stuff?

- Is there a new version upcoming that I should wait for? And if I do install, and some fancy new update comes out, how easy is updating?

- Minor minor complaint, I'm not a huge fan of blue. Any way I can unblue some of the graphics? Back in my iPT days, I could just take a .png off my iPT, fix it in GIMP, and throw it back on the iPT and it's shiny.

Thank you all for your time, these forums look great.
6.16.211XT912.Verizon.en.US / SimplexROM 1.3

#389 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Just want to say I've tried all the roms available for the Razr in the last 2 days and this one is by far the fastest smoothest and best running ...unfortunately I'm back on stock with bloat frozen ...I cannot run on anything less than the leaked software...I cannot get data most of the time otherwise....and I use Bluetooth audio everyday in 3 different vehicles...

YOU HAVE TO let a rom settle for 24 to 72 hrs before it really starts to preform
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#390 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

YOU HAVE TO let a rom settle for 24 to 72 hrs before it really starts to preform

Unfortunately I needed more than a Wi-Fi telephone or I'd still be running it...I gave up after 4 hrs and went back to stock so I could flash the. 173 leak again and get my data back...I literally had data 15 minutes in the 4 hrs I ran it ...

#391 Shmuel6

Shmuel6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:22 AM

Theme Kicks rear end! Thanks DT looking foreword to trying out noname when it is stable.

#392 cadillacnick1992

cadillacnick1992

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Just flashed last night all i have to say is wow! The battery life is unbelievable, the speeds r fantastic overall great job! Im actually very hesitant to uprgrade to ics wen it comes out sickest rom yet keep em comin dt!

#393 x.Orville.x

x.Orville.x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

no roms here for cdma users ?

#394 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

This is a CDMA rom..

#395 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

no roms here for cdma users ?

This is in the CDMA/Verizon ROMs section... what are you talking about

#396 x.Orville.x

x.Orville.x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

sorry gms

#397 frankyvee

frankyvee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

sorry gms

It's actually GSM (Global System for Mobile) European Standard
You are in the CDMA for US only , section you need to go here for GSM: --->

#398 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

I am pretty new to the whole rooting and custom ROM world. I am currently running the DroidRzrX Rom and want to try out Infex. Can somebody explain to me what the blur add on is and do I really need it? If so, how do I install it after installing Infex? Thanks for the help. Like I said, Im new to this stuff lol

#399 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

I am pretty new to the whole rooting and custom ROM world. I am currently running the DroidRzrX Rom and want to try out Infex. Can somebody explain to me what the blur add on is and do I really need it? If so, how do I install it after installing Infex? Thanks for the help. Like I said, Im new to this stuff lol

Same way you installed the first ROM. Wipe Data/Factory Reset, under Mounts and Storage Format system.

After you boot up, if there are Blur apps you are missing then wipe the cache and dalvik only and flash the add on.

#400 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

So I could just only download the blur add on or do I have to run it after I apply Infex?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users