156 replies to this topic

#41 Mytchh

Mytchh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationhttp://www.se7ensins.com/forums/members/w-e-l-f-a-r-e.105411/

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

I really doubt the sim toolkit is an app of any genuine concern. I'm more surprised about the first customer support call, telling you to reboot the phone over and over again LOL. Seriously, how many times do you have to be told to reboot before you give up and tell them to give you their supervisor? That's customer support's only answer to anything... reboot.

I found that hilarious. And the lady asked several times for me to just contact Verizon instead even though this is as obvious Moto issue. Their phone support is just as terrible as chat.
  • etrorteepe likes this

#42 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationIn the Sac of CA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

Make sure you're under the "All" tab. What version/carrier are you?

yup it was all the "all" option. Just checked again and it still doesnt show.

Im with Vz

#43 Mytchh

Mytchh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

yup it was all the "all" option. Just checked again and it still doesnt show.

Im with Vz

That's really odd. Are you on the leaked version?

#44 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationIn the Sac of CA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

Nope. On the official Vz OTA

#45 Greaser

Greaser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:@MattScarSr
  • LocationKenosha, WI

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

142.58KB   39 downloadsI found something interesting, if you go under the Videos app it will show under the My Rentals tab "Welcome! Rentals are not available on your device because it appears to be rooted." Big Brother is always watching.... :blink:
  • ThaTwizzla likes this

#46 Mytchh

Mytchh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

142.58KB   39 downloadsI found something interesting, if you go under the Videos app it will show under the My Rentals tab "Welcome! Rentals are not available on your device because it appears to be rooted." Big Brother is always watching.... :blink:

Yep. Google won't allow certain things when rooted. Such as renting their movies, and I'm sure other things to come.

#47 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

142.58KB   39 downloadsI found something interesting, if you go under the Videos app it will show under the My Rentals tab "Welcome! Rentals are not available on your device because it appears to be rooted." Big Brother is always watching....

Dumb question: When you say "Video apps" which app are you referring to? Netflix, Verizon video or what?
Thanx

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#48 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:44 AM

Dumb question: When you say "Video apps" which app are you referring to? Netflix, Verizon video or what?
Thanx

The integrated videos app. You can rent movies from the google market only if you're unrooted.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#49 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

In this case who really cares? If you arent doing anything wrong,you have nothing to worry about.! If being smart phone logging/tracking is an issue,I suggest you get rid of every device that has a cellular connection,data plan,GPS transmitter,or wifi receiver. I returned my Droid X that had been rooted for a defective 3.5mm headphone jack.I SBFed it before i returned it,but either way,they knew,and it had nothing to do with the problem...Thats the only rooted device I ever returned...Ive been paying assurion since my OG droid,and never used it,If i screw it up,Ill fix it or eat it.People not taking responsibility for there actions are whats caused this..people think they can repeatedly commit fraud and abuse the warranty/exchange system are hurting everyone in the long run,because excess internal costs and returns do get noticed,and investigated....When Moto/Verizon is spending millions every year refurbing devices,and 2 day shipping them,they will take corrective actions to save even 20% of that number...when devs released roms for the Razr,with no fastboot,some people dont read or care,they dont read instructions,they used bootstrapper instead of safestrap,and lo and behold,many were bootlooping...how many returned razrs alone werent defective? I wish they would backcharge them for a refurb device,sorry,but you are that dumb,you deserve it.We all pay for those who dont care,both in money and lost privacy,and more tracking..so thank you to everyone whp returned a device because you screwed it up,and couldnt be bothered to fix your mistakes..

#50 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

In this case who really cares? If you arent doing anything wrong,you have nothing to worry about.! If being smart phone logging/tracking is an issue,I suggest you get rid of every device that has a cellular connection,data plan,GPS transmitter,or wifi receiver. I returned my Droid X that had been rooted for a defective 3.5mm headphone jack.I SBFed it before i returned it,but either way,they knew,and it had nothing to do with the problem...Thats the only rooted device I ever returned...Ive been paying assurion since my OG droid,and never used it,If i screw it up,Ill fix it or eat it.People not taking responsibility for there actions are whats caused this..people think they can repeatedly commit fraud and abuse the warranty/exchange system are hurting everyone in the long run,because excess internal costs and returns do get noticed,and investigated....When Moto/Verizon is spending millions every year refurbing devices,and 2 day shipping them,they will take corrective actions to save even 20% of that number...when devs released roms for the Razr,with no fastboot,some people dont read or care,they dont read instructions,they used bootstrapper instead of safestrap,and lo and behold,many were bootlooping...how many returned razrs alone werent defective? I wish they would backcharge them for a refurb device,sorry,but you are that dumb,you deserve it.We all pay for those who dont care,both in money and lost privacy,and more tracking..so thank you to everyone whp returned a device because you screwed it up,and couldnt be bothered to fix your mistakes..

Which is why in my FAQ thread I specifically state that I heavily frown on people who abuse the insurance program.
  • robertiv likes this

Posted Image

#51 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

Stupid question....maybe.....has anyone tried a custom rom and then used voodoo to remove root?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#52 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:05 AM

Stupid question....maybe.....has anyone tried a custom rom and then used voodoo to remove root?

I tried using voodoo to remove root in order to watch a google movie I paid for...on the stock rom...didnt work.I still have my X2 here,so i used Petes root tools to unroot it ,and left everything frozen,and we used the hdmi/wifi on the x2 to watch our movie....So it seems voodoo works to fool verizon to get the updates,but Google must check different parts of the phone.

#53 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

The integrated videos app. You can rent movies from the google market only if you're unrooted.

Is this a stock app & if so, what is the exact name? If market app, what is the exact name? I haven't removed nor froze any stock apps. Edit: In manage apps, all, there is a video player app. None in my app drawer.
Thanx

#54 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

You can rent them and pay for them with no problem ....you just can't watch them ...I payed for a movie on my RAZR and the screen never came up ..I had no idea why we couldn't watch it...I finally grabbed my old X2 and fired it up on that ..that's when the screen came up telling me I couldn't use the device because it has root access ...

#55 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

You can rent them and pay for them with no problem ....you just can't watch them ...I payed for a movie on my RAZR and the screen never came up ..I had no idea why we couldn't watch it...I finally grabbed my old X2 and fired it up on that ..that's when the screen came up telling me I couldn't use the device because it has root access ...

Correct.

Posted Image

#56 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@jcutter347
  • LocationSnook Alley, Florida

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Knew it would happen sooner or later google already has the ability on their videos to determine root and refuse us the ability to watch them while rooted. Im sure if moto is now using this technology then vzw and other service providers will have access soon to see if one has been rooted at any point. This will eliminate the returns from people who brick their phones and cant fix them so they take them back to vzw. I am not a fan of steve jobs oops I mean moto monitoring my phone but what other choices are there it seems every manufacturer has something theyre monitoring. Thanks for the info I too have wondered what that sim toolkit is guess theyve caught me rooted many times.

I thought this was America!!! Freedom only goes so far it seems now.

#57 Mytchh

Mytchh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Are you saying you wanted to have the custom rom installed on the phone, but not have root privileges on the phone?

#58 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Um for root users this should work to watch movies from the market.

#59 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

This is the 4th time this week it popped up on my Razr. I'm at the point I don't care if they are playing big brother and monitoring how we use our phones but just quit lying why it keeps popping up randomly and is of no use to users.

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

Attached Files

#60 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

This is the 4th time this week it popped up on my Razr. I'm at the point I don't care if they are playing big brother and monitoring how we use our phones but just quit lying why it keeps popping up randomly and is of no use to users.

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

I saw it pop up last night, not the first time either. When I did see it I rebooted and it went away.

Eh, what can you do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users