#141 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

I'm gonna say this and then I'm done with this forum...

You can have whatever opinion you want, but that doesn't make it a fact. So believe what you want to believe, because either people have simply chosen to not read, or can't read. Either way, I'm not going to waste any more of my time trying to talk to people on this forum who don't know how to read, or choose to not do it.

Not only did I break this down and ATTACH Motorola's Warranty, from their website (which you can get yourself by simply going there), I also reference the link Nanniepoo informed of that goes to a forum started and written by tucstwo, which goes into much, much greater detail than I did which REALLY clears this up if my post didn't.

Seeming as your response shows that you didn't read not only my post or Motorola's Warranty, but you didn't read tucstwo's either. Since you didn't bother reading any of the three, then your opinion is moot because you're basing your opinion not on fact, but on yours and your family members opinions. Your family memberrs are probably awesome employees, but obviously they, as well as you, have never read the warranty, because if they, or you, had, they wouldn't have the opinion they, or you, have.

And for folks that got hit with chargebacks, that's on them for not educating themselves and knowing not only what their rights are and what the warranty says, but also what their contract says, Where does the personal responsibility come in? Ya, Verizon is going to try and screw you out of every dime they can, it's just a fact of life. Thats why the consumer needs to take the personal responsibilty and inform themselves. So whereas I do feel bad for them, I also don't know the specifics and whether they fell within provisions in the warranty.

It is YOUR job as a consumer to not only know, but stand up for, YOUR rights; not someone else's job to know them and stand up for them. So if this bothers you, then file (and tell others to file) an FCC complaint. You'll generally get a response fairly quickly from Verizon.

don't make assumption on what i read or didn't and your best bet is to NOT put words into my mouth. This is part of your problem and why you got ban in the first place and then you have the nerve to setup another account to whine and complain. WHATEVER your comments are not even worth my time anymore besides the fact you've had maybe 10 posts and we are suppose to believe your comments are gospel. Come on i've been doing this stuff for a decade now and know whats up from the ins and out of it all.

#142 Guest_jwmonroe0914_*

Guest_jwmonroe0914_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

don't make assumption on what i read or didn't and your best bet is to NOT put words into my mouth. This is part of your problem and why you got ban in the first place and then you have the nerve to setup another account to whine and complain. WHATEVER your comments are not even worth my time anymore besides the fact you've had maybe 10 posts and we are suppose to believe your comments are gospel. Come on i've been doing this stuff for a decade now and know whats up from the ins and out of it all.

LOL

Big talk for someone in a forum lol

Bottom line you're wrong... I was trying to be nice about it before, but your opinion is factly wrong. It's people like you, who choose to believe opinions over facts, that screw the world.

#143 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

This is why I closed this topic to begin with. Just sayin......

#144 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

LOL

Big talk for someone in a forum lol

Bottom line you're wrong... I was trying to be nice about it before, but your opinion is factly wrong. It's people like you, who choose to believe opinions over facts, that screw the world.

Bro, leave the forums. We don't need your crap. It's a friendly community. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#145 Guest_jwmonroe0914_*

Guest_jwmonroe0914_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

This is why I closed this topic to begin with. Just sayin......

Just like you close the topic "To Clear Up Any Misconceptions Users May Have About Rooting And Warranties"....

#146 Guest_jwmonroe0914_*

Guest_jwmonroe0914_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Bro, leave the forums. We don't need your crap. It's a friendly community. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Last I checked, I wasn't at a restaurant taking orders ;)

#147 priddyma

priddyma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDeKalb, IL
  • Current Device(s):HTC One XL, Motorola DROID RAZR

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Lol this guy seems like one of those "I'm right no matter what guys".
Has anyone ACTUALLY asked a real life Motorola or Verizon employee who knows exactly what they are talking about regarding rooting and warranties?
DROID RAZR XT912 Batakang JB | Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue - On the way!

#148 Guest_jwmonroe0914_*

Guest_jwmonroe0914_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Lol this guy seems like one of those "I'm right no matter what guys".
Has anyone ACTUALLY asked a real life Motorola or Verizon employee who knows exactly what they are talking about regarding rooting and warranties?

They're going to tell you to read the warranty, which I not only broke down and dumbed down, so did tucstwo at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Yet for some idiotic reason, ignoramus's are still going on about this.
  • FrizzleFry likes this

#149 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Just like you close the topic "To Clear Up Any Misconceptions Users May Have About Rooting And Warranties"....

You're absolutely right I closed that topic too. Just as I will close ANY topic that misinforms and misleads the members of this forum.

#150 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

Posted Image

#151 Guest_jwmonroe0914_*

Guest_jwmonroe0914_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

You're absolutely right I closed that topic too. Just as I will close ANY topic that misinforms and misleads the members of this forum.

Really, cause I could have sworn you closed it yet again because you had your ego bruised when someone provided the actual documentation to show you have your head where the sun doen't shine. And even after tucstwo took the time to really dumb down what the warrany said section by section, you still chose to say you were right and he was wrong!!! Seriously bro, you really have no clue about rooting and warranties, and this proves it about all else. For a moderator, it's quite pathetic.

You still seem to think that rooting voids the warranty, and you vehemently uphold that. Yet even when you're shown in black in white from Motorola's actual warranty, where it shows you're talking out of your... I don't even know anymore, you STILL seem to think you know what you're talking about. I don't know if it's your pride and ego preventing you from just saying "hey, sorry, I made a mistake" or if you just don't comprehend the warranty. I don't know anymore, really... so please, tell me

EDIT: This has never been about me being right, or your being right, or even the purple people eater being right... it's been about FACTUAL information... something that seems to go right over your head.

#152 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Really, cause I could have sworn you closed it yet again because you had your ego bruised when someone provided the actual documentation to show you have your head where the sun doen't shine. And even after tucstwo took the time to really dumb down what the warrany said section by section, you still chose to say you were right and he was wrong!!! Seriously bro, you really have no clue about rooting and warranties, and this proves it about all else. For a moderator, it's quite pathetic.

You still seem to think that rooting voids the warranty, and you vehemently uphold that. Yet even when you're shown in black in white from Motorola's actual warranty, where it shows your talking out of your... I don't even know anymore, you STILL seem to think you know what you're talking about. I don't know if it's your pride and ego preventing you from just saying "hey, sorry, I made a mistake" or if you just don't comprehend the warranty. I don't know anymore, really... so please, tell me

If you're talking about the section that tucstwo even quoted in his thread, before contradicting himself, that clearly states that rooting voids the warranty, then yes I saw that.

#153 Guest_jwmonroe0914_*

Guest_jwmonroe0914_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

If you're talking about the section that tucstwo even quoted in his thread, before contradicting himself, that clearly states that rooting voids the warranty, then yes I saw that.

This is taken verbatim from my previous post on page 6:

Nowhere in Moto's warranty for the RAZR/MAXX does it say that rooting in and of itself voids the warranty. What Moto does say is this...

The warranty does not apply to:

(f)
A product or part that has been modified in any manner without the written permission of Motorola. Products that have been altered in any manner so as to prevent Motorola from determining whether such Products are covered under the terms of this Limited Warranty are excluded from coverage. The forgoing shall include but not be limited to (i) serial numbers, date tags or other manufacturer coding that has been removed, altered or obliterated; (ii) mismatched or duplicated serial numbers; or (iii) broken seals or other evidence of tampering

And rooting is only mentioned once in the entire warranty, which is as follows:

WARNING AGAINST UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER OR ALTERING A PRODUCT’S OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE: MOTOROLA STRONGLY RECOMMENDS AGAINST ALTERING A PRODUCT'S OPERATING SYSTEM, WHICH INCLUDES UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER, ROOTING A DEVICE OR RUNNING ANY OPERATING SOFTWARE OTHER THAN THE APPROVED VERSIONS ISSUED BY MOTOROLA AND ITS PARTNERS. SUCH ALTERATIONS MAY PERMANENTLY DAMAGE YOUR PRODUCT, CAUSE YOUR PRODUCT TO BE UNSAFE AND/OR CAUSE YOUR PRODUCT TO MALFUNCTION.IN SUCH CASES, NEITHER THE PRODUCT NOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING THEREFROM WILL BE COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY.

So in essence, part f applies only to hardware, which is a product or part. Software is generally not identified as either.

The warning at the bottom of the warranty is just that, a warning. No where in the warranty does it state that rooting in and of itself voids the warranty, and this has been my point since I first commented in this forum. It's not about me being right, or you (in generalized sense) being right, or even the purple people eater being right. It's about what the facts are and providing those facts so that consumers and users can make informed decisions.

However, with that being said, what this warning does say is very clear. If you root your phone AND you cause permanent damage to your phone, cause your phone to be unsafe, and/or cause your phone to malfunction, then in THOSE CASES (and only in those cases) neither the product, nor any damage resulting therefrom, will be covered by warranty.

Rooting, in and of itself, has never caused damage to a phone (that I'm aware of at least... I could be wrong on this), therefore rooting does not void your warranty.

In 1975, the federal government passed The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. While this act covers a lot of other warranty related issues, the part that applies to us is this: Motorola cannot void your entire warranty because your phone has been modified by rooting/romming. However, if you're phone develops an issue (ex. bricks, won't turn on, etc) they (Motorola) have to prove that the failure was the direct result of your alteration. And then are not required to fix/replace your phone. (courtesy of tucstwo @

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)
  • FrizzleFry likes this

#154 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

You know what, you win.

Everyone go root your phones, take them to Verizon and try to get it exchanged. Ask them if rooting voids your warranty.

I'm done.
  • cynnar likes this

#155 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Can we lock this thread again? Bickering does nothing good for this forum.

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#156 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Sure can. This thread has gotten way off topic. Closed, again.

Edited by spc_hicks09, 27 June 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#157 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Thanks you SPC enough is enough already

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users