64 replies to this topic

#61 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/eckdawg5

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

So when the ics update comes out for root do you think we will Have to be on 173 to use it? Or can we stay on 748? This might be a stupid question but gotta learn by asking questions!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

i'm guessing you'll just flash it like any other rom except that it'll update the radios as well...wouldn't matter what version you were on

#62 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

i'm guessing you'll just flash it like any other rom except that it'll update the radios as well...wouldn't matter what version you were on

Many ROMs require certain radios so the start point will matter eventually. We don't have anything wildly different yet but that will probably change. RIL code changed a couple times while I was on my thunderbolt and required me to update my ROMs to support the new radio files.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#63 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

Many ROMs require certain radios so the start point will matter eventually. We don't have anything wildly different yet but that will probably change. RIL code changed a couple times while I was on my thunderbolt and required me to update my ROMs to support the new radio files.

true...i think the RIL is the only thing holding back the droid charge devs on their ICS progress...

#64 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

true...i think the RIL is the only thing holding back the droid charge devs on their ICS progress...

It was an issue for us for almost 2 months while we were working on getting cm7 to work with 4G

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#65 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

It was an issue for us for almost 2 months while we were working on getting cm7 to work with 4G

back in the day when I had the bionic...those were the days...wait...no they weren't

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users