Photo
- - - - -

Root For Droid Razr M (JellyBean and ICS 4.1.1)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

does anyone know if it is possible to root using a Mac computer?

i bet there is just have to google it.. i also have a mac... had to use parallel windows to root... worked fine... dont know if all mac have windows parallel.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#22 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

does anyone know if it is possible to root using a Mac computer?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#23 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

i have come to find out that a few people who has problems rooting based on adb related issues... and easy way to fix is before you connect your phone to the computer and do anything... double click in the file named adb.exe in the folder... than a command prompt will come and do its thing and close its self.. right after that than connect phone to computer and follow rest of instructions...
  • BusterBloodvessel likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#24 NullPointerException

NullPointerException

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Is this doing what they call an FXZ?

#25 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Is this doing what they call an FXZ?

I think, and I might be wrong but FXZ is a fastboot recovery... so no this is not it... if you need one go here

this is just root... but like i said i might be very wrong...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#26 charburg

charburg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Will this work on my xT907 JB 4.1.1? Just checking, as I want to know from someone who used this if it's safe or not...

#27 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

FXZ is restoring to an original build, similar to SBF.

Yes, it works on 4.1.1. I just used the JB SuperSU version after I used RSD to flash back to stock JB. It worked flawlessly.

#28 charburg

charburg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

I just followed all the instructions
But my phone sais that it isn't rooted (ran a root requied app, said it wasn't rooted)
...?

#29 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

I haven't read the whole thread, but I bet it says somewhere to reboot into recovery, and format data, reboot and retry.

You can also make sure the super user app you're using has the latest binaries.

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#30 ldk1780

ldk1780

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Have the razr m, updated to JB (4.1.1) OTA and tried to root using the third link in first post (superuser), Didn't wipe cache or user data, root failed. Wipe cache but not user data, root failed. Wipe both cache and user data, root successful! Lesson - if you are having trouble with root, wipe both cache and user data. From recovery boot. Recovery boot for razr m is a little testy. To enter recovery boot; 1. Hold both up and down volume buttons simultaneously with the power button 2. A boot menu will come up 3. Use the down vol to scroll to recovery mode 4. Push up arrow to select. (if you wait too long it will default and boot regular) At this point a little droid dude on his back with a caution sign pops up. I believe what should happen now is the recovery options should load in a moment. However after letting it sit and do nothing it reboots. This happened several times without having any options appear. Then I started hitting combination of buttons, still not sure what combination or if this is what produced the menu but it worked. Once the menu appears scroll up or down with the arrows and use the power button to select the wipe cache and user data options. Hope this helps!

I had trouble getting past the droid with caution sign but found the answer in another forum; you have to hold volume down and tap volume up to get to the recovery menu. This is different than pressing both volume buttons at that same time. I also had to wipe cache and data before root was successful. I was rooted on ICS but couldn't get the Jellybean OTA so I unrooted and reinstalled factory ICS before the update could happen. Then, root would not work again until I wiped data and cache from recovery...finally...SUCCESS!!!

#31 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

I had trouble getting past the droid with caution sign but found the answer in another forum; you have to hold volume down and tap volume up to get to the recovery menu. This is different than pressing both volume buttons at that same time. I also had to wipe cache and data before root was successful. I was rooted on ICS but couldn't get the Jellybean OTA so I unrooted and reinstalled factory ICS before the update could happen. Then, root would not work again until I wiped data and cache from recovery...finally...SUCCESS!!!

Thank you ill update the OP with the Volume Combination...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#32 bosun120

bosun120

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hi, I was wondering if this root method works for the Developer edition Razr M, or just Retail. If so, is there a stable root method for Developer?

#33 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hi, I was wondering if this root method works for the Developer edition Razr M, or just Retail. If so, is there a stable root method for Developer?

for the Dev version the easiest way to root.. is to download an app called Goomanager

and than install a recovery from there I recomend TWRP and than after that just flash the root

and that should do it. or go here for full directions on how to

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#34 bosun120

bosun120

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Can you tell me the exact recovery I should use in GooManager? When I browse comptabile ROMs it doesn't display any.

#35 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Can you tell me the exact recovery I should use in GooManager? When I browse comptabile ROMs it doesn't display any.

Just go here

for a detailed way to root ...GooManager was my mistake... it is used if you are already rooted and want TWRP recovery

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#36 lanerbutter

lanerbutter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

I am on offical JB and used superuser root method and it worked first time.

I did the same - did not even factory reset first - followed the directions exactly and it worked first time. Official JB and used the superuser method (thanks for the recommendation

).

Also thank you

for the instructions!

#37 yelson13

yelson13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I have a RAZR M and followed all the instructions, the device rebooted after doing all the steps, but after rebooting I can't seem to find the superSu app...any ideas?

*Running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and I also used root checker and it says "sorry this device does not have proper root access."

#38 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

I have a RAZR M and followed all the instructions, the device rebooted after doing all the steps, but after rebooting I can't seem to find the superSu app...any ideas?

*Running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and I also used root checker and it says "sorry this device does not have proper root access."

DID YOU GET THE VIBRATION BUG REPORT? if not than try again. and make sure you got usb debugging enabled and all the right drivers.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#39 yelson13

yelson13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

DID YOU GET THE VIBRATION BUG REPORT? if not than try again. and make sure you got usb debugging enabled and all the right drivers.

oops Never mind, fixed it...I had to wipe out data and cache!

#40 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Hello.
I am allowed to always see.
Although it has RAZR M of Softbank of Japan here, root cannot be carried out in this tool.
since System dump was UP(ed), root can be carried out now by all means -- please give me a method.

thank you for the japanese razr m system dump :)
sorry i am not able to help you gain root access.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users