Photo
- - - - -

Root For Droid Razr M (JellyBean and ICS 4.1.1)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 hazard0707

hazard0707

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

This is the razr maxx hd from verizon. I mistyped the ICS meant JB. I tried both ICS and JB options in the OP though to no avail.
Yes I am not pressing it long I am getting the bug report I will try erasing the file.

#62 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

This is the razr maxx hd from verizon. I mistyped the ICS meant JB. I tried both ICS and JB options in the OP though to no avail.
Yes I am not pressing it long I am getting the bug report I will try erasing the file.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/5091-How-To-Root-Your-Hd-[Xt926]
How To Root Your Hd [Xt926]
OK then. Go here

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

• Memnoch73 likes this

#63 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

As memnoch said you will have to go back to ICS to root on the HD and Maxx HD. Protect root then take the update and restore root.

#64 imam

imam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hi Guys.. please help.
I have Razr M which is already in 4.1.1 JB. I tried motofail2go for jelly bean which is one of the links. I went to recovery mode cleared cache and wipe data (both I did) and restarted the phone. Ran run.bat and it says "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown". What do I do?

#65 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Hi Guys.. please help.
I have Razr M which is already in 4.1.1 JB. I tried motofail2go for jelly bean which is one of the links. I went to recovery mode cleared cache and wipe data (both I did) and restarted the phone. Ran run.bat and it says "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown". What do I do?

Did you do the bug report by pressing power and vol up when it prompts you?

#66 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Hi Guys.. please help.

Not sure why you wiped data. Root is done with the phone booted into the OS with ADB. You are going to have to load JB back on your phone before you can root.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#67 imam

imam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

@tmyinc, when I press power and vol up - some bug report came on the screen, not sure what to do with that. It has send and discard buttons. Can you suggest what to do there? Do I need to send that bug report - if yes, it is asking the reciepient name. I discarded that.

However, it is failing before going into bug report step. there is a command in run.bat -
adb shell "run-as com.motorola.bug2go /data/local/tmp/motofail2go prep2" - There it says unknown. From the original thread, whenever we see this - we need to wipe data and clear cache - even then I am getting this. Please help.

Thanks for looking into this.

#68 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

@tmyinc, when I press power and vol up - some bug report came on the screen, not sure what to do with that. It has send and discard buttons. Can you suggest what to do there? Do I need to send that bug report - if yes, it is asking the reciepient name. I discarded that.

However, it is failing before going into bug report step. there is a command in run.bat -
adb shell "run-as com.motorola.bug2go /data/local/tmp/motofail2go prep2" - There it says unknown. From the original thread, whenever we see this - we need to wipe data and clear cache - even then I am getting this. Please help.

Thanks for looking into this.

Try re-downloading the file...and extract it to Desktop you should have a total of 12 items... and make sure you in debugging... the bug report is nothing but a vibration.. i dont see why is asking to send anything anywhere

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#69 imam

imam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

Yes I have downloaded to desktop, there are 12 items as you said. when I run run.bat i am getting this-
"run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown"

This is important step in the rooting process. If this came, then we need to retry by wiping the data partition. See link

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I did that, even then I am recieving the same error. Any more suggesting. Happy to see the thread active. Hope my problem will be resolved soon with all your help.

#70 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Yes I have downloaded to desktop, there are 12 items as you said. when I run run.bat i am getting this-
"run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown"

This is important step in the rooting process. If this came, then we need to retry by wiping the data partition. See link

I did that, even then I am recieving the same error. Any more suggesting. Happy to see the thread active. Hope my problem will be resolved soon with all your help.

just to be sure you in ICS or JB? ICS you also need make sure you are plugged in as mass storage... an dif you in JB.. i dont know what else to tell you.. if you wiped and dont work... i say wipe again and try again.. now you wiping from stock recovery right? or from the system/security/wipe all data?

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#71 mrdunn

mrdunn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Have the razr m, updated to JB (4.1.1) OTA and tried to root using the third link in first post (superuser),

Didn't wipe cache or user data, root failed.
Wipe cache but not user data, root failed.

Wipe both cache and user data, root successful!

Lesson - if you are having trouble with root, wipe both cache and user data. From recovery boot.

Recovery boot for razr m is a little testy.
To enter recovery boot;
1. Hold both up and down volume buttons simultaneously with the power button
2. A boot menu will come up
3. Use the down vol to scroll to recovery mode
4. Push up arrow to select.
(if you wait too long it will default and boot regular)

At this point a little droid dude on his back with a caution sign pops up. I believe what should happen now is the recovery options should load in a moment.
However after letting it sit and do nothing it reboots. This happened several times without having any options appear. Then I started hitting combination of buttons, still not sure what combination or if this is what produced the menu but it worked.
Once the menu appears scroll up or down with the arrows and use the power button to select the wipe cache and user data options.

Hope this helps!

My 13 year old Grandson wanted to root his Razr M and it didn't work. I went over to his house, tried withoute wiping, and it didn' work, but worked great with wiping. Tried cache, no go, cache and data, and then it all worked. I do not have a Raxr M, I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus Verizon, and am very active in the various forums as Grandpa Geek , and have flashed many roms. I was surprised that google did not restore his apps or contacts; my roms always restored without issue. I will say having a locked bootloader makes things much more difficult, but the Safestrap recovery was really neat. Thanks for all your information, my Grandson got his from XDA and was not very helpful. He wanted it to look like an Iphone, so I put on Muiuhome for his launcher and he is happy. If a 4.2.2 rom is made available, I will teach him how to flash a new rom. Can't tell from the forums if the other roms here are an advantage. Thanks again.

#72 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

My 13 year old Grandson wanted to root his Razr M and it didn't work. I went over to his house, tried withoute wiping, and it didn' work, but worked great with wiping. Tried cache, no go, cache and data, and then it all worked. I do not have a Raxr M, I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus Verizon, and am very active in the various forums as Grandpa Geek , and have flashed many roms. I was surprised that google did not restore his apps or contacts; my roms always restored without issue. I will say having a locked bootloader makes things much more difficult, but the Safestrap recovery was really neat. Thanks for all your information, my Grandson got his from XDA and was not very helpful. He wanted it to look like an Iphone, so I put on Muiuhome for his launcher and he is happy. If a 4.2.2 rom is made available, I will teach him how to flash a new rom. Can't tell from the forums if the other roms here are an advantage. Thanks again.

for iphone looking phone

best i seen.. i odnt use use but tried it and recomend it... pair it with this and it be a almost full iphone look and feel

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#73 RzrMike

RzrMike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:MikeGuminski
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

This was incrediably helpful for me as for the fact that I made it thru the JellyBean update on my retail Droid Razr M without any issues, but do to my own mistakes that I had made, I had to adb back to ics and I was going to simply just go and use the ota update as I did before back to Jelly Been.

I was able to gain root access everytime with no problem on ics, but when I would go to take the ota update back to 4.1.1 I would loss root every single time. So after these failed attempts I finally decided to used rsd lite to go directly to 4.1.1 and used the motofail2go JB Superuser with the same problem and had also tried the motofail2go JB SuperSU without being able to still gain root back.

Finally I went and did a wipe data and cache via stock recovery rebooted and used the motofail2go JB Superuser and thank god I regained my root and was able to get to my safestrap, link2sd and my Titanium Backup apps with access again. Thank you ever so much for those files. I have seen probably 20 -30 other sites where people are having the same problem with no solution.

My regret is that I did not keep track of them all, cause now I just want to be able to go back and post the link to this post for all those people that are struggling right now with this. So awesome.... I was going to post screenshot pics of the proof of this, but as of right now my phone is reinstalling and syncing everything back up right now which is a big load on the phone when you do it "ALL" at one time

Thanks Again,

Mike Guminski
Designer of

#74 tobiasryan7

tobiasryan7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

My RAZR M is on JELLY BEAN OTA and I can't get this to work any thoughts ? I plug it in and debugging is on but it won't get past daemon started succesfully...

im stuck on that too!

#75 calump

calump

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Will I was rooted before the OTA JB 4.1.2 (wife accepted)  now when I try root I get this.  and never achieve the bug report buzz. 

[*]
[*] Motofail2Go: Motorola Android Root Exploit (Windows version)
[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Tested on Atrix HD, Photon Q, Razr M, and Razr i
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest Motorola drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Installing fake package...
2075 KB/s (0 bytes in 564403.000s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/Sudoku.apk
Success
[*] Preparing for exploit...
1149 KB/s (0 bytes in 91980.000s)
3189 KB/s (0 bytes in 969701.000s)
3242 KB/s (0 bytes in 1867568.000s)
573 KB/s (0 bytes in 64208.000s)
[*] Please trigger a bugreport on your phone by pressing
[*] Volume Up + Power simultaneously. If successful, your device
[*] will vibrate. Make sure this vibration is distinct from the
[*] vibration that occurs when you turn the volume all the way
[*] down.  Press enter once you have successfully triggered a
[*] bugreport.
[*] Getting root...
[*] This may take a minute or two.
[-] Exploit failed.
[*] Cleaning up...
Success
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to reboot and exit.

#76 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

You should be using

one

• shane1 and brandon71 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#77 alrod2080

alrod2080

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

Root For DROID RAZR M (Verizon XT907)

Yes, the Holy Grail has been discovered by djrbliss

He has taken the time (once again) to come up with a working root method for the newest Motorola smartphones: DROID RAZR M, DROID RAZR HD, DROID RAZR MAXX HD, and the Atrix HD. We've heard that not only does this root method work with the shipping Ice Cream Sandwich that is on the phones, but also the

for the DROID RAZR M, which means itshould work on the final Jelly Bean over-the-air update for these phones.

The method of rooting is pretty simple:

1 First make sure you have the current Motorola USB drivers installed from

2 Than download one of this files and extract it

root ICS with superuser download

Root ICS with SuperSU download

root JB with superuser download

root JB with SuperSU download

3 Double click on adb.exe

4 Connect your phone to the PC and click on the "run.bat" file that you extracted.

5 It is important to follow the instructions in the PC program, as it will ask you to press a button combination of the Volume UP and Power at the same time

6 If you have to wipe data and cache, go into stock recovery by pressing and holding volume-up and down and power at the same time for about 15 seconds, than you will get a droid dude on its back with a caution sing, you have to hold volume down and tap volume up to get to the recovery menu. This is different than pressing both volume buttons at that same time.

so i have tried all 3 links and i still cant root my droid razr m.  im running 4.1.2.  I was able to root and unlock bootloader my razr maxx hd which was also on 4.1.2. what in hell am i doing wrong? does anyone know of any other way?

#78 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

use the motochopper exploit or matts utility which uses it too ;)

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#79 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

so i have tried all 3 links and i still cant root my droid razr m.  im running 4.1.2.  I was able to root and unlock bootloader my razr maxx hd which was also on 4.1.2. what in hell am i doing wrong? does anyone know of any other way?

use the motochopper exploit or matts utility which uses it too ;)

updated OP to avoid confusion 

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users