Photo
- - - - -

[Recovery] Safestrap Recovery V3.1 [01/04 3.12 - Stock Flashing+] [All Versions]

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#81 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Excuse my dumbness. I am coming over from a bionic. Have not installed safestrap yet, but without a removable battery, how does one with a Razr M reboot the phone say if they are stuck in a bootloop?

Hold down, Vol+ Vol- and power, simultaneously

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#82 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Was wondering if there has been a fix for the ROM slot size yet? can the data be written to the external storage= storage1?( i have 16gb card) rather than the internal memory?

#83 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Was wondering if there has been a fix for the ROM slot size yet? can the data be written to the external storage= storage1?( i have 16gb card) rather than the internal memory?

Nope. Hash is working on making the stock rom slot flashable which would give us 2 spots to use, but for now having only 8 GB internal limits us to one flashable slot. You can increase the data size of the slot if you are using blur crap that takes up tons of space, but that's it for now.

My advice is store everything on your SD ext and user drop box or Google drive for pics, videos, etc.

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#84 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

according to the change log in the op, flashing to stock was supposed to be possible as of 12/29. i have tried everything i can think of as far as updater-script mounting commands, even tried replacing the update-binary in safestrap itself; no workie.

#85 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

according to the change log in the op, flashing to stock was supposed to be possible as of 12/29. i have tried everything i can think of as far as updater-script mounting commands, even tried replacing the update-binary in safestrap itself; no workie.

The only work around I can tell you for right now... proven to be working is. flash the rom to RomSlot1 once you do all the mods and you happy with it... do a back up of it and save it to external storage... (should be default) and when that is done, go back and activate the STOCK partition... wipe cache, dalvik, factory reset, system, and internal storage. i usually do it 2 times. than go back and restore the back up you just made. it will work and saves a ton of space. right now im using my own rom and i got available 3.95GB

Posted Image

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#86 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

^^^yeah you already mentioned that in the dst toolbox thread, and i appreciate you pointing it out. i have tried that method and it does work. however, the point is, the change log says that flashing to the stock partition is working, and it clearly isn't.

#87 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

I successfully flashed the deodex package on stock rom last night, so it does seem to work.

#88 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

did you use the one i made? did you check your /system/app and /system/framework directories to make sure there are no .odex files? i tried the deodexed package and safestrap said it flashed successfully, but still had .odex files...

#89 betasu

betasu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

I have installed Safestrap 3.12 successfully and also I can see the splash screen for about 10 seconds. But I can't find the 'menu' button. What is the problem?

#90 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

There is no menu button; there is a recovery button and a continue button.

#91 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

Hit the "recovery" button and it will take you into the menu.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#92 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

did you use the one i made? did you check your /system/app and /system/framework directories to make sure there are no .odex files? i tried the deodexed package and safestrap said it flashed successfully, but still had .odex files...

Yes I still had the odex files, so I guess it didn't work. Also while in safestrap, it shows version 3.11 and I for sure downloaded 3.12 apk

Sent from my DROID Razr M on Tapatalk!

#93 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Yes I still had the odex files, so I guess it didn't work. Also while in safestrap, it shows version 3.11 and I for sure downloaded 3.12 apk

use this SS

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

its 3.12 for sure and it works fine when doing the recovery work around.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#94 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

It is labeled wrong in one place.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#95 mic213

mic213

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

^^^yeah you already mentioned that in the dst toolbox thread, and i appreciate you pointing it out. i have tried that method and it does work. however, the point is, the change log says that flashing to the stock partition is working, and it clearly isn't.

You can't flash a ROM to the stock slot, but you can flash apps and other things to the stock partition (ex. SuperSU, Acid Audio Mod and Sony Walkman Player, 4.2 camera). Just can't flash a ROM to it for now...

#96 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

You can't flash a ROM to the stock slot, but you can flash apps and other things to the stock partition (ex. SuperSU, Acid Audio Mod and Sony Walkman Player, 4.2 camera). Just can't flash a ROM to it for now...

i tried installing my dst toolbox to stock and it wouldn't flash either. it's not a full rom, but it shouldn't make any difference.
if /system can be mounted rewritable to add anything, even one apk, it should also be able to write the entire directory afaik.

#97 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

use this SS

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

its 3.12 for sure and it works fine when doing the recovery work around.

Yup that's the one I used

#98 mic213

mic213

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

i tried installing my dst toolbox to stock and it wouldn't flash either. it's not a full rom, but it shouldn't make any difference.
if /system can be mounted rewritable to add anything, even one apk, it should also be able to write the entire directory afaik.

It's not entirely rewritable to /system, otherwise roms like cm10 would work on stock, but they don't. Only ROMs based on stock (Eclipse, BDH, for example) can go on the stock slot, and thats only if you back it up from installing on rom-slot1 and restore on the stock slot. That's what I been doing with the new Eclipse 1.2 ROM, running on stock slot.
  • jvasquezhhi likes this

#99 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

It's not entirely rewritable to /system, otherwise roms like cm10 would work on stock, but they don't. Only ROMs based on stock (Eclipse, BDH, for example) can go on the stock slot, and thats only if you back it up from installing on rom-slot1 and restore on the stock slot. That's what I been doing with the new Eclipse 1.2 ROM, running on stock slot.

cool at least one person supports what i been saying all along... you can have a custom rom in Stock but it takes a bit of work... i have tried it with CM10 and it worked fine as well but i like the stock based cuz everything works.
  • jco23 likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#100 slogar25

slogar25

• Superuser
  • 43 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

cool at least one person supports what i been saying all along... you can have a custom rom in Stock but it takes a bit of work... i have tried it with CM10 and it worked fine as well but i like the stock based cuz everything works.

How did you get cm10 to run on the stock slot

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Blue

Motorola Droid Razr M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users