Photo

[ROM] [Bionic] Blurry_Maxx_v4.4.1 + [Theme] Silverized (updated 4/5/13)

• Please log in to reply
1300 replies to this topic

#1241 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

I wonder if taking it back to stock and rebuilding everything would make a difference. With others extolling the virtues of this rom, I wonder if it is something lurking in memory that is causing the problems that we are experiencing. Any thoughts?

That is a interesting question. I actually ran into those issues myself. I would try to open certain apps and it would just highlight the icon in the drawer and never open it. Certain apps would still open, but others wouldnt. It was mainly system apps that didnt like to be opened. It also happened more on Nova than it did Apex... anywho, I ended up reinstalling 4.3.1, updated to 4.3.2 and ota'd to 4.4.1 and hvent had the problem since. So id recommend backing up everything you can to make the process easy, and just reinstall and update if that happens to you. Also Im on the non-OC version as of right now, Im not sure if that makes a difference or not... I wouldnt think so.

#1242 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

I think I may have narrowed down the problem, at least for me. I had been running Pre-Home on every ROM I've ever had on my Bionic, but for some reason this ROM doesn't want to play nice with. Earlier, I had uninstalled Pre-Home and hadn't had a single problem. Played Simpsons Tapped Out, Mini Golf, and opened up a couple other apps with no freezing. About a few minutes or so after restoring a backup I had of Pre-Home, the darn thing started acting goofy again. A simple hot reboot will fix the problem. I'll uninstall the Pre-Home app, open the apps I had before, and see how it is when I get up in the morning.

#1243 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

I think I may have narrowed down the problem, at least for me. I had been running Pre-Home on every ROM I've ever had on my Bionic, but for some reason this ROM doesn't want to play nice with. Earlier, I had uninstalled Pre-Home and hadn't had a single problem. Played Simpsons Tapped Out, Mini Golf, and opened up a couple other apps with no freezing. About a few minutes or so after restoring a backup I had of Pre-Home, the darn thing started acting goofy again. A simple hot reboot will fix the problem. I'll uninstall the Pre-Home app, open the apps I had before, and see how it is when I get up in the morning.

Well it happened to me with Nova, and with Apex without having Pre-Home installed. With Nova I had to do a full restart, with Apex it would let me hot-reboot like you said. Honestly, I think your best bet is to backup and reinstall, but let us know how it goes in the morning.

#1244 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

When that happened to me, I wiped cache and dalvik and then went to advanced and fixed permissions. So far that seems to have fixed it. But, big but, I seldom stay on any ROM longer than 2 days. There's just too many good ones. I count this one as tops right along with Icarus.
TEXAS state of mind

#1245 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Well it happened to me with Nova, and with Apex without having Pre-Home installed. With Nova I had to do a full restart, with Apex it would let me hot-reboot like you said. Honestly, I think your best bet is to backup and reinstall, but let us know how it goes in the morning.

Well, the good news is everything was still running normally when I got up this morning, even had a notification that one of my characters in Simpsons Tapped Out had finished their task. I had been noticing something else that was a little odd, though. Whenever I flashed the 4.4.1 ota, the icons in my status bar disappeared. Apparently, they're still there, they just don't show till I activate my wifi tether. It's a little strange, but if they show after activating tether, it's no big deal. I'm thinking of backing up this ROM and restoring the overclocked version, removing Pre-Home, and see how that goes.

#1246 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

I think I might've spoke to soon. The ROM started doing it's I'm-not-gonna-do-what-you-want-me-to thing again. I was playing around with a lockscreen called Homebase, or something like that, downloaded a game from the Play Store, had a file explorer open, and wifi tether running. Oh, and I've only been running this particular build since this weekend. Started blank on slot 1 with 2 gigs of space, flashed 4.3.1, let it settle for a little over 5 minutes, restored my apps with My Backup Root, then updated to 4.3.2 then 4.4.1. I just booted into SafeStrap and wiped cache and dalvik cache, fixed permissions, then wiped both caches at least two times each. Gonna open a couple other apps besides my wifi tether and see how that goes.

#1247 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

This thing is driving me crazy(or crazier). It worked fine a little while, took a phone call, let it set for a while, and it's back to being naughty with the only things working being a few of the widgets I have set. Gonna make a fresh app backup, delete my slot 1 and try again on slot 2 since I saw someone ask about whether slot 2 was the correct one or not. By the way, can someone verify whether slot 2 is the correct position or not? It wasn't mentioned in the op.

#1248 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Try wiping cache and dalvik. Reflash 4.3.1. Reboot. Take 4.3.2 OTA. Reboot. Before doing anything check to see if you have system settings available to you. Nothing more. If system settings there, flash 4.4.1 and reboot. Restore as normal. Should take less than 10 minutes.

I'm running on slot 3. Since the op doesn't post a specific slot, it should be good in any.

#1249 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Try wiping cache and dalvik. Reflash 4.3.1. Reboot. Take 4.3.2 OTA. Reboot. Before doing anything check to see if you have system settings available to you. Nothing more. If system settings there, flash 4.4.1 and reboot. Restore as normal. Should take less than 10 minutes.

I'm running on slot 3. Since the op doesn't post a specific slot, it should be good in any.

Well, it looks like I may be going back to Icarus 1.8.3 for a while because the phone started acting up again with this ROM. Don't get me wrong, this is a great looking ROM, it's just the constant reboots are kind of getting to me. Plus I've tried just about everything to make it work. I've wiped cache, dalvik cache, fixed permissions, started from scratch, restored apps using My Backup Root after a fresh install before doing the upgrades, and leaving a couple apps that I thought might be causing the problem. About the only things I haven't tried yet are using a different home launcher, only because I've grown accustomed to Apex but I did install ADW so I may try it with that and see what happens. I also haven't just running this thing for a day with just the fresh install and restored apps. I'll reboot and try it with ADW, at least it lets me import my Apex settings so I don't have to redo my whole setup. :P

#1250 customizeme73rs

customizeme73rs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

on the non ocd rom no issues

#1251 ajm135

ajm135

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

Im on the non oc rom abd i have only one issue that is there is no google now im stuck on ics search. maybe apk or update can fix tgat?

#1252 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

This thing is driving me crazy(or crazier). It worked fine a little while, took a phone call, let it set for a while, and it's back to being naughty with the only things working being a few of the widgets I have set. Gonna make a fresh app backup, delete my slot 1 and try again on slot 2 since I saw someone ask about whether slot 2 was the correct one or not. By the way, can someone verify whether slot 2 is the correct position or not? It wasn't mentioned in the op.

ROM works in any slot. Not sure why your having so many issues man.

#1253 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

Im on the non oc rom abd i have only one issue that is there is no google now im stuck on ics search. maybe apk or update can fix tgat?

Look in /sdcard/Blurryzips and you will find a few flashable zips...

#1254 zeroxia

zeroxia

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Can this ROM be flashed onto the stock slot with SafeStrap 3.11? If so, is there any caveat to be taken?
The world is beautiful for you.

#1255 cgillie92

cgillie92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Can this ROM be flashed onto the stock slot with SafeStrap 3.11? If so, is there any caveat to be taken?

I dont think any rom can be flashed onto the stock slot except your stock system.. roms can only be flashed on rom slot 1, etc.

#1256 maksim

maksim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

del

#1257 timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes

• Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

del

No

Sent from Above

Sent from Above

#1258 timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes

• Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

With 2 important hints and a lot of digging through smali, I was able to get the animation app to boot safestrap and flash the frameworks on its own. THANKS t3t3droid(teamlitespeed)!!!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from Above

• MarkusMcNugen, kc69 and jayrod like this
Sent from Above

#1259 frankemtp

frankemtp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

That is a interesting question. I actually ran into those issues myself. I would try to open certain apps and it would just highlight the icon in the drawer and never open it. Certain apps would still open, but others wouldnt. It was mainly system apps that didnt like to be opened. It also happened more on Nova than it did Apex... anywho, I ended up reinstalling 4.3.1, updated to 4.3.2 and ota'd to 4.4.1 and hvent had the problem since. So id recommend backing up everything you can to make the process easy, and just reinstall and update if that happens to you. Also Im on the non-OC version as of right now, Im not sure if that makes a difference or not... I wouldnt think so.

Ok, I did what I proposed doing and unfortunately various apps simply would not open. Just so that I am clear, I went back to stock after using RSD and wiped everything :unsure: . Further, I followed the install instructions with no deviation. I was able to install on Slot 1 but just could not make this rom work to my satisfaction. For this me this rom was a non-starter and so I am a bit envious of those whose experiences are different. I do look forward to the next rendition before JB drops.

#1260 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'm almost afraid to post this, but I've been running this ROM, fully updated with restored apps and everything, without a single hiccup all day. I did a fresh install last night before bed and followed the instructions to the letter with the only exception of letting the initial flash setting for more than five minutes as is instructed in the OP. I flashed the 4.3.1 ROM, rebooted, did the normal first setup stuff, let it set for about 7 or more minutes, booted to SafeStrap and flashed the 4.3.2 update, rebooted, repeated last step to flash 4.4.1 update, then restored my apps using My Backup Root. Since then, no problemo(saying with fingers crossed). Hope it keeps up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users