Photo

[ROM] [Bionic] Blurry_Maxx_v4.4.1 + [Theme] Silverized (updated 4/5/13)

• Please log in to reply
1300 replies to this topic

#1261 timmy10shoes

timmy10shoes

• Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

I'm almost afraid to post this, but I've been running this ROM, fully updated with restored apps and everything, without a single hiccup all day. I did a fresh install last night before bed and followed the instructions to the letter with the only exception of letting the initial flash setting for more than five minutes as is instructed in the OP. I flashed the 4.3.1 ROM, rebooted, did the normal first setup stuff, let it set for about 7 or more minutes, booted to SafeStrap and flashed the 4.3.2 update, rebooted, repeated last step to flash 4.4.1 update, then restored my apps using My Backup Root. Since then, no problemo(saying with fingers crossed). Hope it keeps up.

Its always good to let the kernel settle in on installs. Let it get everything in order before you start to put stress on it.

Sent from Above

• kamisan likes this
Sent from Above

#1262 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Its always good to let the kernel settle in on installs. Let it get everything in order before you start to put stress on it.

Sent from Above

Im not so sure about that. Ive never heard of letting the kernel settle for any other device other than Android devices. It just doesnt make any sense. I could see perhaps caches needing to be built after a flash, so that could take a minute, but the kernel should be good to go as soon as its flashed/installed.

#1263 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

I think he meant the ROM...but that's just how I interpreted it.

Sent from my BLU flying spyder that likes jellybeans

#1264 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, that makes sense. Ive just seen a lot of people say that after flashing the kernel needs to settle which never made any sense. If he meant ROM then he is correct.

#1265 customizeme73rs

customizeme73rs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

ok so i jynxed myself lol
rom wont boot after a reboot
i did change the boot p screen
any help would be great
ill try wipimg everything

#1266 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Has anyone else experienced a little weirdness concerning live wallpapers when using this ROM? I noticed that when using one, I noticed it after my first reboot after restoring everything, I found this pretty cool zombie live wallpaper with sound. Anyway, after I set it, I started experiencing the same problems I had before. I'm sure it's not the background because it started doing the same thing while running a different live wallpaper. I have a static background set now, so that'll fix it. It's too bad, to. I really liked that live zombie wallpaper :P

#1267 RuMad

RuMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

help!. just did a complete reinstall .It was working fine till i used a weather app then it rebooted and stuck in boot loop. I don't think it is a rom thing.went into safestrape wont let me switch slots I think IT WIPED MY SD CARD.

#1268 RuMad

RuMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

help!. just did a complete reinstall .It was working fine till i used a weather app then it rebooted and stuck in boot loop. I don't think it is a rom thing.went into safestrape wont let me switch slots I think IT WIPED MY SD CARD.

up and running. I think what happened is i did some cleaning up of my sd card and safestrap didn"t like .ALL my fault.I will stick with blurry even with jelly bean coming soon. Hope they CAN MAKE BLURRY FLING SOME JELLY BEANS.

#1269 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Just when I thought I had this thing running good, I got another hiccup on Friday after I used my GPS. Had to reboot the thing when I was trying to use it for referrence while filling out a job app. I like the ROM, I just don't having to do multiple reboots because random apps keep locking up. Can't be good for the phone.

#1270 customizeme73rs

customizeme73rs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

reinstalled rom running latest update and now system settings ui will not open

everything else i believe works but i can not turn on my unknown sources or adjust anything else

what to do any ideas

• RuMad likes this

#1271 BrknScrn

BrknScrn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWestern MA
  • Current Device(s):2 Bionics, one for use and one for dev, Galaxy Note Tab 2

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

I really like this blurry rom and I use it as my dd, even though I get random hang ups and hard restarts to reset the phone. I was wondering if I can update the stock rom slot using the ota from verizon and keep several other rom slots loaded with the various roms I'm testing. I don't want to restore to factory default, update and then root again if I don't have too. Thanks!
ET....Phone Home

#1272 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

I really like this blurry rom and I use it as my dd, even though I get random hang ups and hard restarts to reset the phone. I was wondering if I can update the stock rom slot using the ota from verizon and keep several other rom slots loaded with the various roms I'm testing. I don't want to restore to factory default, update and then root again if I don't have too. Thanks!

As far as I know, the only way to keep root when upgrading to the JB OTA is to use OTA Rootkeeper on the default rom then upgrade and restore root with OTA Rootkeeper. If that doesnt work, then you may be screwed out of getting root unless an exploit is found.

Also, after upgrading to Jellybean you will not be able to use any Blur based ICS roms such as Blurry.

#1273 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Will this get updated with 4.1.2 source? I worry that no ROMs will be made with this new source because most may have moved on.

#1274 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Will this get updated with 4.1.2 source? I worry that no ROMs will be made with this new source because most may have moved on.

Good question, and I wish I had an answer for you. I think some ROMs will be built with the JB source, but Im not positive. A lot of it may depend on whether a root exploit is found for Jellybean or not. Even if not, you can always upgrade to Jellybean and use any JB based rom in one of the rom slots, such as AOKP or CM10.1.

#1275 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

I just took a look at this new 4.4.1 Love the boot animation. Inspired me to make a video. Stay tuned. Edit in Progress.

#1276 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Here is the awesome rom. For 4.0.4 Im hooked. All bugs fixed. Enjoy.

• eye__dea likes this

#1277 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Good question, and I wish I had an answer for you. I think some ROMs will be built with the JB source, but Im not positive. A lot of it may depend on whether a root exploit is found for Jellybean or not. Even if not, you can always upgrade to Jellybean and use any JB based rom in one of the rom slots, such as AOKP or CM10.1.

Yeah, I normally wouldn't mind because we do have CM 10.1 which runs 4.2.2. Unfortunately, this runs quite a bit slower than stock jelly bean for whatever reason. It would frequently lock up and take way too long to do certain things. I attribute this to not having a legit JB kernel though of course. I assume some ROM's based on the legit 4.1.2 source will feel much faster. We shall see! Thanks for responding.

#1278 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Of course Blurry is coming to JB. Here is a very basic start:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

<br />It has dlukes deodexed and 1% battery mods.<br />Once an official release is done I will make a new thread.

Edit:  Borked build 1...uploading build 2 now.

#1279 Mr. HQ

Mr. HQ

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

Awesome! Since I'm on JB OTA now, no more ICS for me.

I have to say the stock OTA JB isn't bad.

However, I'm looking forward to a nice new ROM to test.

Thanks eye_dea!

#1280 jcwilliams

jcwilliams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Of course Blurry is coming to JB. Here is a very basic start:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It has dlukes deodexed and 1% battery mods.
Once an official release is done I will make a new thread.

I was just thinking about when someone will work up a nice jb Rom! Can't wait. Stock is boring to me. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users