nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Battery life with data or wifi on has been bad for a while now. If you turn those off you shouldn't lose more than a couple percent throughout the day

Thank God that this is just a bug and not actual usage!!!  I'm also on unlimited, but I don't want to get throttled either.  Got the data usage warning, and it shows the Google Play Store used 13GB of data in just 8 hours.

I flashed the Nightly (10.1-20130601-NIGHTLY-targa) yesterday, so the bug is still there.  Is this data usage bug related to the bad battery performance that I'm also getting?  I dropped 27% without any phone usage what-so-ever (my phone sits in a locker all day).

I'm from the internet and so can you!

#1682 envizion

envizion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Thank God that this is just a bug and not actual usage!!!  I'm also on unlimited, but I don't want to get throttled either.  Got the data usage warning, and it shows the Google Play Store used 13GB of data in just 8 hours.

I flashed the Nightly (10.1-20130601-NIGHTLY-targa) yesterday, so the bug is still there.  Is this data usage bug related to the bad battery performance that I'm also getting?  I dropped 27% without any phone usage what-so-ever (my phone sits in a locker all day).

i don't think it has to do with the data bug. its not actually pulling in that much data, just calculating wrong. sometimes you'll get weird battery for the first couple days of flashing. let the battery run from full to dead for a couple days to let the battery settle.

#1683 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

While not related to the data usage bug there does seem to be some radios related issues.

But I feel like I'll stay on RC4 (usually go back to stock after a couple days trial but this is just too dang nice to leave).

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#1684 zebinadams

zebinadams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationProvo, UT
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, NI Adam

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

Has anyone else had the phone just turn off completely on RC4? It's happened a few times for me where I go to do something on the phone and it doesn't respond. The lights behind the menu, home, back and search don't even turn on. The only fix is a battery pull. Is this something that other people are having as well, or is it time for me to stop dirty flashing and start from a clean install?

#1685 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Has anyone else had the phone just turn off completely on RC4? It's happened a few times for me where I go to do something on the phone and it doesn't respond. The lights behind the menu, home, back and search don't even turn on. The only fix is a battery pull. Is this something that other people are having as well, or is it time for me to stop dirty flashing and start from a clean install?

Yeah I had this on my first install of RC3 and RC4. I used a freshly made slot, so I can't believe that it would be related to dirty flashing. 

I as well as a lot of other people are having to fix permissions after install to get sound working tho.

**Edit 

The reboots came back a little bit ago and with a vengeance. I was getting 5 minutes tops before a reboot. Switched to 6/4 nightly and haven't gotten one yet.

#1686 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

I started getting frequent rebooting starting with RC4. I went forwards and still got them so went backwards and finally settled at 5/29 nightly.

I review the change logs before I install and I don't see any changes that would necessarily affect the stability of the OMAP devices.

This has been my daily driver for months and the last week has been the only time I've had serious problems with the updates that can't be solved by a clean install, wiping caches, or fixing permissions.

I'm happy staying on the 5/29 nightly but would like to move forward not backwards.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Just having fun with Android!

#1687 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Anybody have hit or miss picture sending on builds after 5/29?

#1688 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Maybe I'll try 5/29.

Last night the phone kept lagging and eventually I restarted it. Some how my phone booted into the sign in and set up my phone screen. I didn't try anything to see how that happened, I just switched back to stock slot for now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#1689 bboyairwreck

bboyairwreck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

Anybody have hit or miss picture sending on builds after 5/29?

I get a notification for MMS but it never shows up in my inbox.

• cgillie92 and nakedtime like this

#1690 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

4/20 and RC2 have been my favorites so far.

#1691 Erievon

Erievon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW S4 (MDK)

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

I get a notification for MMS but it never shows up in my inbox.

Go into the settings for SMS. Uncheck Auto-Retreive, exit out of SMS. Go back in SMS, settings, recheck auto retrieve. You'll get any pending mms that haven't expired. (I think they expire on the server after two days).

For outgoing, I haven't found a work around, just have to reboot.

I should have a signature here...somewhere.

#1692 Erievon

Erievon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW S4 (MDK)

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

I'm happy staying on the 5/29 nightly but would like to move forward not backwards.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Same here. Don't know what happened but I've also reverted back to 5/29 and will stay here until some of these things are ironed out. It's my daily driver so I can play with bugs, but only to a point. I'm not complaining, I know nightlys are experimental and should not be expected to be perfect. Whatever it is I know it's in an ultimate effort to move towards improvement.

I should have a signature here...somewhere.

#1693 David Kotzebue

David Kotzebue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'm using the RC4 version, which I think is great. This is probably lame and obscure - but, I can't seem to place a contact on the Home Screen. When I try - it goes through the motions, however, the contact icon never appears. Also, my contacts don't seem to load to my car Bluetooth. Anyone else notice this? Not a big deal. Edit: Used the Direct Dial widget to accomplish the same thing.

#1694 DrJay

DrJay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Google+:jconawayiii@gmail.com
  • LocationRancho Cucamonga California

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

Can't update apps from play store since last night. Keep getting the unable to get information from the server download error message. Anyone else? Was on rc4 when this happened didn't do anything and got the download error triangle on an automatic update. switched back to nightly 5/24 and same thing. Is it play store or cm10.1?
Edit : play store updated or... Do we have to wait for a new gapps? Tried the clear cache on the store and data on the services with no luck. Any suggestions? Have the same problem on my nexus 7 with rc4....:(

Sent from my JB DROID BIONIC using my fingers
Sent from my ICS Bionic using my fingers

#1695 bboyairwreck

bboyairwreck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

RC5 is out today. Hoping on board. Will let you know how it goes

#1696 Tattooz305

Tattooz305

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Is RC5 out for Bionic? Where can I download it?

Sent from my JB Bionic

#1697 terrapin01

terrapin01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Is RC5 out for Bionic? Where can I download it?

Sent from my JB Bionic

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#1698 maksim

maksim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

06.06 nightly, work better than RC5...((

#1699 zebinadams

zebinadams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationProvo, UT
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, NI Adam

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

06.06 nightly, work better than RC5...((

In what way? is it faster? does RC5 lag, or are there other bugs that cause problems?

#1700 bboyairwreck

bboyairwreck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

I'm having trouble with answering phone calls in RC5. It is the same bug that happened at the beginning of RC4. I was able to fix it in RC4 after i fixed permissions but i've done that twice in RC5 and the bug still there. The phone activity just seems to freeze then close upon answering. Gonna try 6.08 nightly.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users