• Please log in to reply
1212 replies to this topic

#581 luke61456789

luke61456789

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'm no expert but my guess is differences in the kernel and or bootloaders between the two systems. That's why you couldn't go back to Gingerbread once you updated to ICS. One of the experts can probably weigh in and shed more light on it.

that's what matt the guy who made the thread told me thats probably not a good idea I lost my root as well

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#582 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Noob question: why can we NOT use Matt's Utility 1.81 to go BACK to ICS? What happens when you update that makes the revert not possible? I thought that the RU wiped all the files then re-wrote them?

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea how it works.

New secure version used to check signatures on the partitions. This is the CDT.bin.

EFuse + Locked Boot loader = No downgrade.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#583 MattyP

MattyP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationIn a Race Car

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Here's an interesting tidbit, in case anyone else has this problem...

After successfully upgrading and restoring root and hacking the Hotspot app, I went to restore all my apps and data using Titanium Backup. Well TB stalled at 21% while restoring "Blockbuster" ... so I had to stop it and reboot. Tried again, same thing. Did an FDR and tried again, same thing. So I did a Google search and found the .apk for Blockbuster, and I put it in /system/app since it wasn't in there. (I did NOT delete it, I had it frozen before the upgrade)

Tried to restore apps again in TB, and it stalled again at 21% on Blockbuster. So I rebooted, and went into root explorer, found the TB backup directory, and deleted the 3 instances of Blockbuster, so that it wouldn't try to restore it. (TB showed one less total app to be restored)

Ran restore apps and data again, and now it is in the process of restoring my apps. So I unzipped the JB update .zip on my computer, and looked in /system/app and sure enough, Blockbuster is not included with JB in the Bloatware. But TB stalled out trying to restore it.

Just FYI ... :)
Rooted Razr Maxx!!

#584 cmorty72

cmorty72

Breaking, bending, and fixing things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitter:z00mer
  • Google+:Christopher
  • LocationIn front of my p.c. or on my Razr HD Maxx
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr Maxx HD 32G

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

O.K.... been trying install this most of the day.
I've got Voodoo OTA to unroot and everything backed up to Titanium. I downloaded the update from the provided links... moved the update to SD... went into safemode... installed update... everything is installing like clockwork, but just as soon as it get's closer to completion I get error codes and the install get's aborted. I even did a complete wipe (multiple times back to factory spec) and still no joy.

Any ideas as to what the dilemma could be? I'm virtually stock 4.0.4 with root and not even over-clocked.
USN 1996-2007, OS1 (SW/AW/VBSS)

#585 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

I've got Voodoo OTA to unroot and everything backed up to Titanium. I downloaded the update from the provided links... moved the update to SD... went into safemode... installed update... everything is installing like clockwork, but just as soon as it get's closer to completion I get error codes and the install get's aborted. I even did a complete wipe (multiple times back to factory spec) and still no joy.

Any ideas as to what the dilemma could be? I'm virtually stock 4.0.4 with root and not even over-clocked.

Try another download. I used the 1.81 to go back from .215 to .211. Removed ss first, then did the utility. Once stock, re-root, and follow the instructions for voodoo. Before flashing in motor recovery, I wiped my cache. Total install time once it started was 7 minutes.

Works like a champ.

#586 papabliss2007

papabliss2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

I ran I ran encrypt personal data after upgrade + root restore + restore of apps and now my phone will not complete the reboot. Gets to Droid red eye screen and just sits there spinning. Tried to go to recovery but once it goes to the droaid triangle scrrenit will not let me choose recovery mode. And suggestions would appreciated.

Thanks

#587 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. If we can't roll back once we go to JB, then how can we "reset" the system to take the "official" OTA update when they finally release it? I guess (from my earlier comment) that they will HAVE to put out something to go from this version (since it was rolled out OTA to a bunch of users already), but you never know what they will end up doing, I guess.

#588 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Can anyone confirm whether or not the Hotspot app hack still works after this update? (Entitlement Check) I cannot lose my hotspot, I'll hold out until it's certain that it still works. I have JB on my tablet, but I need Hotspot for the tablet when I'm on the road. Anyone? :)

I've heard the hack works but I didnt need to do it. I just DL'd "Wifi Tether for Root Users" on Play and it works great!

#589 loooney2ns

loooney2ns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Twitter:loooney2ns
  • Google+:loooney2ns

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Try leaving it rooted. It worked for me. I didn't even wipe anything. I just made sure SU was up to date, went into recovery, and installed from the SD card. Booted, rerooted, done!

#590 tieman123

tieman123

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Yep second this or third or fourth

"Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/logwrapp
er", "f39fcbd278b9e92e9fbedc6a62a047dc23459416", "4a63
fec78956def045b442910a754fa640db8f5a")
e:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Instalation aborted."

I had the same issue and uninstalled Safestrap. I followed the following post below to correct it. Reran the update and all was peachy.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#591 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Here's an interesting tidbit, in case anyone else has this problem...

After successfully upgrading and restoring root and hacking the Hotspot app, I went to restore all my apps and data using Titanium Backup. Well TB stalled at 21% while restoring "Blockbuster" ... so I had to stop it and reboot. Tried again, same thing. Did an FDR and tried again, same thing. So I did a Google search and found the .apk for Blockbuster, and I put it in /system/app since it wasn't in there. (I did NOT delete it, I had it frozen before the upgrade)

Tried to restore apps again in TB, and it stalled again at 21% on Blockbuster. So I rebooted, and went into root explorer, found the TB backup directory, and deleted the 3 instances of Blockbuster, so that it wouldn't try to restore it. (TB showed one less total app to be restored)

Ran restore apps and data again, and now it is in the process of restoring my apps. So I unzipped the JB update .zip on my computer, and looked in /system/app and sure enough, Blockbuster is not included with JB in the Bloatware. But TB stalled out trying to restore it.

Just FYI ... :)

I seem to remember something about having to UN-freeze any frozen apps before trying to do an upgrade.
I'm new to Titanium (just used it last night to back up my settings before rolling back from 215 to 211 last night (in preparation for the JB update - which I haven't gotten up the nerve to do yet). I also had some trouble restoring, and that was from one ICS build to another. I ended up having to re-install the apps first, then I was able to restore SOME of the settings.
I'm now back at 211 (rooted), with my re-installed apps, and my settings are (mostly) back where I want them.
I'm waiting for a little more reassurance before going forward to JB. However, from my experience with prior updates (the OTA from GB to ICS, and the leaks from 211 to 214, from 214 back to 211, and 211 to 215), my settings and apps all carried through (nearly) seamlessly.
Having gone through an (almost) complete re-install and re-configure of my apps, I know what I'm up against if I end up having to do it again.

#592 MattyP

MattyP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationIn a Race Car

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

I seem to remember something about having to UN-freeze any frozen apps before trying to do an upgrade.
I'm new to Titanium (just used it last night to back up my settings before rolling back from 215 to 211 last night (in preparation for the JB update - which I haven't gotten up the nerve to do yet). I also had some trouble restoring, and that was from one ICS build to another. I ended up having to re-install the apps first, then I was able to restore SOME of the settings.
I'm now back at 211 (rooted), with my re-installed apps, and my settings are (mostly) back where I want them.
I'm waiting for a little more reassurance before going forward to JB. However, from my experience with prior updates (the OTA from GB to ICS, and the leaks from 211 to 214, from 214 back to 211, and 211 to 215), my settings and apps all carried through (nearly) seamlessly.
Having gone through an (almost) complete re-install and re-configure of my apps, I know what I'm up against if I end up having to do it again.

I had defrosted my apps first ... the problem was Blockbuster is not included in Jelly Bean, and TB hung up when trying to restore it. It's all fixed now, I just had to delete the Blockbuster backups out of the TB folder. :)
Rooted Razr Maxx!!

#593 rayross

rayross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Is anyone else having trouble going to droidrzr without WiFi on their phone??

#594 luke61456789

luke61456789

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Patch worked like a charm! I have root back!

#595 caobmt

caobmt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I can't access Wifi on Droid Razz 4.1.2 (rooted by tool RestoreRoot).

#596 TrentFowler1

TrentFowler1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Quick Question before I dive in, I understand that once JB is completely installed, that there is no way to go back to ICS, but if something were to happen that would give me an error or stop the installation process of JB, will the Razr Utility 1.82 get me back to ICS? Basically, I'm worried that something will happen, and I will get stuck with nothing, neither JB or ICS, like a bootloop or such.

#597 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

I can't access Wifi on Droid Razz 4.1.2 (rooted by tool RestoreRoot).

Can you not connect to your Wifi access point, or are you able to connect, but not able to pull any data through it?

#598 caobmt

caobmt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Can you not connect to your Wifi access point, or are you able to connect, but not able to pull any data through it?

Can't connect to Wifi access point.

#599 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Can't connect to Wifi access point.

Did you go back in to your settings and make sure that the settings are correct, and that WiFi is turned on?
Is anyone else having this issue?

#600 mvp4him3

mvp4him3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 7, RazR MAXX

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Alright got it to work. Sweet set up so far. Loving it and everything is going good.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users