1212 replies to this topic

#701 theBonVoyage

theBonVoyage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Beware. If you're installing this - wifi may or may not work. I don't have service from vzw right now due to a $1500 bill so wifi is my only hope...wifi will not connect anywhere.

#702 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

I also tried the zip that was attached and no luck. Any other ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#703 DHA123

DHA123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Anyone Have The RAZR M Launcher Zip? All 24 Pages And I Missed It Or Couldn't Find It, I Would Really Like Moto Circles. Not The Knock Off RingsApk.

#704 cp6608

cp6608

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

Sorry, this is a noob question, but I am on simplex 1.3. How do I go back to stock unrooted? Is that option 1 in the utility? Sorry again if this is common sense. I am new to the device.

#705 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Sorry, this is a noob question, but I am on simplex 1.3. How do I go back to stock unrooted? Is that option 1 in the utility? Sorry again if this is common sense. I am new to the device.

yes option 1 in utility follow directions in beginning to a T and you'll be golden

#706 bradenfontaine

bradenfontaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Google+:bradenfontaine@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

yes, use Matt's utility and choose option 1

....beat me to it

Edited by bradenfontaine, 26 December 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#707 theBonVoyage

theBonVoyage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yes. Option 1 will take you all the way back to 6.16.211 stock unrooted - you can upgrade from there.

#708 cp6608

cp6608

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

yes option 1 in utility follow directions in beginning to a T and you'll be golden

yes, use Matt's utility and choose option 1

....beat me to it

Yes. Option 1 will take you all the way back to 6.16.211 stock unrooted - you can upgrade from there.

Thank you all! I love this forum!
  • bradenfontaine likes this

#709 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Google+:mattkilla420
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx xt912 , Samsung Droid Charge (FP8)

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Idk it sounds iffy. Like everyone who Decides to get this leak is gonna have to wait til after the real update comes. Or so has been said in another thread. So what is the big difference between ics and jb. Yea motor rings are cool. I've been using the rings. Apk off the market for now. Yea it runs quicker and less bloat. What else? I'm pretty new to all this root and phone hack stuff and honestly don't wanna screw myself in the long run. What advantages u guys seeing in JB. I see couple have said wifi doesn't work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

android-smoking-a-joint-on-white-background-320x-42619.jpg

#710 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:DonAndres861
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Noob question:

If I have safestrap installed, flashed a few ROMs (safe side of course) What is the procedure to update to JB without using Matt's utility?

my common sense tells me to do the following:

1. Toggle back to stock (.211)
2. Disable/remove Safestrap
3. Download the official OTA
4. Use Vodoo to keep my root
5. Update Razr to JB

Will that work?

#711 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

For those who have this working, Can you tell me what problems you've found (stuff that doesn't work, or doesn't work as well as it did in ICS)?
I'm not interested in problems you had doing the install, but rather with issues AFTER installation (battery life, bluetooth, 3G/4G signal strength, etc)

#712 doby-nut

doby-nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

FYI...
Posts in another forum are indicating wifi disconnects and failure to connect occurring and double copies of photos in gallery. also reports of bluetooth disconnecting when apps opened like Gmail and Facebook.

#713 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I also tried the zip that was attached and no luck. Any other ideas?

Do you have root? If so, did you remember to mount /system/app for write access? Also, I don't know how you tried to install it but if you tried installing it by clicking on the apk, try copying it to the system/app folder using a file manager of some kind (remember to mount it R/W first). Then set permissions. If it works you might have to reboot. Don't know for sure.

#714 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

If you go into your explorer, system/app/homescreen.apk is what i am looking for.

Yep, that's what I originally did, and is the file that the forum says I can't upload - which is why I asked for an email address for you. :)

#715 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Do you have root? If so, did you remember to mount /system/app for write access? Also, I don't know how you tried to install it but if you tried installing it by clicking on the apk, try copying it to the system/app folder using a file manager of some kind (remember to mount it R/W first). Then set permissions. If it works you might have to reboot. Don't know for sure.

I did have root, I am pretty sure that I am not going to have it after what I just did.

I deleted the other homescreen and then it was pissed off. So I rebooted and it bootlooped so the only thing I could think of was to fastboot back to .211 temporarily so that I could start fresh with JB because I could not reflash JB without being on .211

So it is going right now and I hope that it does not error out.

Thank you guys for your help though!

EDIT: The only thing that I hope keeps root is that I did not wipe data from .211 so maybe just maybe it will keep root and not mess up everything again.

#716 bradenfontaine

bradenfontaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Google+:bradenfontaine@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

not seeing any of the issues others have been reporting. don't know what makes my experience different from theirs.

#717 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I did have root, I am pretty sure that I am not going to have it after what I just did.

I deleted the other homescreen and then it was pissed off. So I rebooted and it bootlooped so the only thing I could think of was to fastboot back to .211 temporarily so that I could start fresh with JB because I could not reflash JB without being on .211

So it is going right now and I hope that it does not error out.

Thank you guys for your help though!

EDIT: The only thing that I hope keeps root is that I did not wipe data from .211 so maybe just maybe it will keep root and not mess up everything again.

Yup you just lost root. A couple of us have done the same thing.

#718 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yup you just lost root. A couple of us have done the same thing.

Well that will be fun trying to get all my apps back without TiBU..

#719 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Accident or not, Verizon released this to the public, and when most people are told there's an update, they will install it, especially when they keep reminding and suggesting you to do so. Verizon is going to have to support this update.

Manually installing it since it was pulled is now done on our accord, but thousands of people, most of which who are probably not root or even tech savvy, installed it too.

This thread isn't about the OTA, it's about keeping Root. Be it the OTA or a manual install. You are correct, Verizon is on the hook. That is why I am warning a number of folks to be weary ;)

#720 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Lol thanks but that's a bit over my head atm... Was hoping for a "flashable" .zip I could do in SS3 or something?

Give it a little time. I already know for a fact Dev's are working on builds for this leak. Just takes a little time, coffee and a few hours of sleep

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users