The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Weeelll, I wasn't going to install the leak, but then we got over a foot of snow... So this will let me kill a couple hours. The think I'm going to miss most coming from CNAcore v1 is my status bar toggles. But I guess I can tough it out until TSC or whoever gets some builds out there.

Thanks for all the work!!

trust me....They are already working on it ;)

#722 Skipr

Skipr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

on 12/24 i took the ota upgrade to jb it loaded without a problem. my phone (RAZR MAXX) was not rooted. I cannot use foxfii now, pdanet is working fine. I've read this forum and decided to talk to verizion. they claim this was an official upgrade and it is still under way, they can't or won't return my phone to ics

#723 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Well that will be fun trying to get all my apps back without TiBU..

Yeah I'm running the bare minimum until a root method is found. I doubt it will take long. All the other moto jb builds are rooted.

#724 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Noob question:

If I have safestrap installed, flashed a few ROMs (safe side of course) What is the procedure to update to JB without using Matt's utility?

my common sense tells me to do the following:

1. Toggle back to stock (.211)
2. Disable/remove Safestrap
3. Download the official OTA
4. Use Vodoo to keep my root
5. Update Razr to JB

Will that work?

Yep....The only real catch is you have to be on the OG .211 update. After you update to this new JB leak, I would do one more step and that's a fresh wipe. If there is a trace of previous builds, ROMs, etc, can make for a dirty flash. Do this wipe in STOCK recovery
  • Picaso86 likes this

#725 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

on 12/24 i took the ota upgrade to jb it loaded without a problem. my phone (RAZR MAXX) was not rooted. I cannot use foxfii now, pdanet is working fine. I've read this forum and decided to talk to verizion. they claim this was an official upgrade and it is still under way, they can't or won't return my phone to ics

Interesting.........

#726 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

I tried PDAnet and it didn't work for me. Did you have to do anything in particular to get it to work?

#727 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

First, a HUGE thanks to Matt! Unfortunately for me tho, I cannot seem to get the update to install. I am pretty seasoned at doing the hacks, but cant get this working. I have tried everything I can think of, including reading this and xda-forum for any solution.

I have a Droid Razr Maxx with 211 and nothing much special past that, except for root.

I ran Matts DR 1.82 and reset back to stock 211, re-rooted, installed Voodoo OTA. Checked everything and all seems well. I still have root. I boot into Recovery mode to apply the update, but fail when it tries to update LTE. snippet below...
Updating LTE
assert failed: motorola.motoflash("/tmp/lte.img")
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted....

Like I said, nothing special that I did to this phone, so I shouldnt have a problem, but I do. DANG

Matt, or anyone please I would like to get myself updated. Again, as I said already, YES I read everything and followed all steps properly.

TIA!

#728 lte

lte

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

FYI...
Posts in another forum are indicating wifi disconnects and failure to connect occurring and double copies of photos in gallery. also reports of bluetooth disconnecting when apps opened like Gmail and Facebook.

Everything is great except for Handcent SMS said i had unread messages, so i just re-read them and it fixed that.
The duplicate gallery I seem to have fixed, go into each Album and go to the menu | get info on a picture, if gallery crashes, delete that album.

:)

BT has been fine, I believe if people follow the directions to a T, and remember to wipe cache before the install, should go well!

#729 Skipr

Skipr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

No pdanet was working before the upgrade and it worked afterwards

#730 jmdearrasrazr

jmdearrasrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

BT has been fine, I believe if people follow the directions to a T, and remember to wipe cache before the install, should go well!

I did not wipe anything, and it went fine, still rooted. (SuperSU)

#731 jdog_12345

jdog_12345

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Works perfect. Thank you so much! I can confirm that the Wifi tether hack also works. For those of you that don't know about this go here...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mhotovec likes this

#732 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

First, a HUGE thanks to Matt! Unfortunately for me tho, I cannot seem to get the update to install. I am pretty seasoned at doing the hacks, but cant get this working. I have tried everything I can think of, including reading this and xda-forum for any solution.

I have a Droid Razr Maxx with 211 and nothing much special past that, except for root.

I ran Matts DR 1.82 and reset back to stock 211, re-rooted, installed Voodoo OTA. Checked everything and all seems well. I still have root. I boot into Recovery mode to apply the update, but fail when it tries to update LTE. snippet below...
Updating LTE
assert failed: motorola.motoflash("/tmp/lte.img")
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted....

Like I said, nothing special that I did to this phone, so I shouldnt have a problem, but I do. DANG

Matt, or anyone please I would like to get myself updated. Again, as I said already, YES I read everything and followed all steps properly.

TIA!

Have you tried to download the file again and try a fresh flash?

#733 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Have you tried to download the file again and try a fresh flash?

One, its not the file being corrupt, and two yes, I have actually tried that 4 times. The files are fine, MD5 good, its something else. but thx.

#734 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

1. Glad to hear you didn't have problems installing the update.
2. At this time, Foxfi isn't compatible with Jelly Bean on the RAZR/RAZR Maxx. They mention that on their website:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

3. Others have reported they were told by Verizon that the upgrade was pushed out accidentally, and was stopped as soon as they discovered that.
4. Once the phone is upgraded to JB, it cannot be reverted back to ICS. There are software / firmware changes that take place that cannot be reversed (it seems). Yor only hope would be for a warranty replacement of the phone.

#735 Skipr

Skipr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

thanks. I guess i'll be watching for a foxfi upgrade, or a way to root jb

#736 panapress

panapress

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

successfully downloaded the zip file and saved to ext. SDcard. I get the following error message when I apply the update file

"Finding update package....
Opening update package....
Verifying update package....
E:signature verification failed.....
Installation aborted...."

I unfreeze all bloatware apps with TB. But still getting the error msg. Anyone having the same problem or know how to fix this?

#737 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

successfully downloaded the zip file and saved to ext. SDcard. I get the following error message when I apply the update file

I unfreeze all bloatware apps with TB. But still getting the error msg. Anyone having the same problem or know how to fix this?

matts utility

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#738 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

as far as i know.... if thats all the further it got, it didnt start writing (and changing "stuff") in the phone..... you should be able to use option 1 of the 1.82 utility to fastboot back to fresh clean stock.... then when its finished and booted up, you can manually boot into stock recovery and update from sdcard....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#739 dpic

dpic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

I tried over and over always getting the "E:signature verification failed". I thought I was all stock, but after I used Matt's utility to reload 211 then rooted, the update worked fine.

#740 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I tried over and over always getting the "E:signature verification failed". I thought I was all stock, but after I used Matt's utility to reload 211 then rooted, the update worked fine.

it means your file is corrupted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users