#822 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

FWIW I was on a custom ROM and kept trying. Didn't work. Then I switched to "Stock Side"/"Safe Side" and had no problem.

well that cant be it, i just used matt's utility...

#823 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

FWIW I was on a custom ROM and kept trying. Didn't work. Then I switched to "Stock Side"/"Safe Side" and had no problem.

good call..... you should be doing it on the stock ROM as opposed to a custom ROM..... :) thank you for that....there WILL be someone who will need that bit of info...... but i have also done the same thing and then looked at it and said DOH!!! LOL

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#824 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:DonAndres861
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

I cleared data and it seemed to fix this problem.

I tried that and still no go. Should i wiped partition?

#825 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

This worked perfectly...thanks again! Jelly Bean here i come ;-)

here is the link

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

make sure you use a root explorer, mount file system as r/w then paste to /system/bin ....overwrite if prompted

or if you are familiar with ADB you can push it to /system/bin

#826 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

This worked perfectly...thanks again! Jelly Bean here i come ;-)

you are very welcome.... enjoy the JB! :)

jhf.png

#827 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Please help... my phone wants some jelly bean..

#828 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Please help... my phone wants some jelly bean..

i'm sorry if you have already stated this but, have you already used the utility and fastbooted back to stock .211?

jhf.png

#829 rahuljane

rahuljane

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

I rooted my droid razr maxx and did a titanium backup, after that uninstalled some of the bloadware that came with verizon, now i want to go stock and unroot before i install JB, but i did a restore with titanium backup and it seems that titanium backup has deleted the backup of uninstalled apps... will I be able to upgrade op JB with some Verizon Bloadware missing from my phone?? or is there a workaround please help..

#830 rahuljane

rahuljane

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

I rooted my droid razr maxx and did a titanium backup, after that uninstalled some of the bloadware that came with verizon, now i want to go stock and unroot before i install JB, but i did a restore with titanium backup and it seems that titanium backup has deleted the backup of uninstalled apps... will I be able to upgrade op JB with some Verizon Bloadware missing from my phone?? or is there a workaround please help..

#831 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

you will not be able to update to JB while there is bloat that has been removed..... you will need to use Matt"s utility to return to stock first.....
  • rahuljane likes this

jhf.png

#832 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

i'm sorry if you have already stated this but, have you already used the utility and fastbooted back to stock .211?

No, I toggle back to stock. 211, deleted SS and factory reset ..then try to side loaded but no luck.

#833 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

No, I toggle back to stock. 211, deleted SS and factory reset ..then try to side loaded but no luck.

the best way to get it to work is to use Matts 1.82 utility and fastboot back to stock .211 then root.. after that you NEED to follow the instructions posted in the OP of this thread...... if you follow exactly you should be on JB.... and rooted.......

jhf.png

#834 jaymos

jaymos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

I just read all 28 pages of this thread... Holy He11 that was rough. I successfully flashed my razr maxx and I am still rooted. It took a while because I ran into a couple of issues. I was on .215 so I used the utility to downgrade to .211, re-root, and install voodoo. I tried updating the su binaries but it failed on aquiring root privileges. I installed titatium backup and it did had root privileges so that confused me a bit. To fix the problem, I installed es file explorer and deleted the superuser.apk from /system/apps then reinstalled superuser and I was able to update the binaries. I did the steps of protecting root/temp unrooting then went into recovery and tried to flash but got the status 7 abort error. I think I got this error because I setup my google account and installed the apps needed to fix the superuser issue. I then started over using options 1, 2, and 3 on the utility and this time superuser was able to update the binaries with no problems. I proceeded to recovery and flashed the update with no status 7 abort error. Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen.

#835 rahuljane

rahuljane

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

you will not be able to update to JB while there is bloat that has been removed..... you will need to use Matt"s utility to return to stock first.....

Thanks for your reply .. can you help me with a link to download matts utility and workin stock rom.. its very confusing everywhere and am new to this.. also the step by step instructions for going to stock ics and then upgrading to JBwould be greatly appreciated

#836 BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

ok so I updated successfully with root and factory reset my phone and after I set up...I downloaded ota root checker and now its telling me that I don't have root access...any ideas how I can get root back?

#837 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Hey, so the only way that I can help you...is to give you the exact directions that I followed to do this myself. Just to back up a bit...I installed my first custom ROM only a week ago...and played with a few custom ROMS until I got my hands on the JB OTA leak.

First off...Matt's utility 1.82 can be found here:
For Windows:

For Mac/Linux:

Read up and follow the directions on using the utility on those threads....as well as finding the links to download the utility.

Next...Read post 1 of this very thread. You will not only find the links to the OTA leak, but you will find the exact directions that we've all been using. I myself followed these directions to a 'T' and I now have a successfully updated phone to JB which is still rooted.

You ask for step by step directions. Those are them! I can't tell you a better way to do it because the way lays it out...IS THE BEST WAY TO DO IT!

Good luck! It's an easy process.

#838 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

ok so I updated successfully with root and factory reset my phone and after I set up...I downloaded ota root checker and now its telling me that I don't have root access...any ideas how I can get root back?

I'm not sure what you did...I'm not an expert though...I did factory reset my phone though bc I had initial problems with my email. When I rebooted after the factory reset, I still had root because a factory reset wipes the /data...not the /system where the root is. A factory reset shouldn't have affected the root if you did it right. Did you make sure you followed the instructions in the 1st post of this thread? Before you upgraded, using the OTA rootkeeper you were supposed to backup root, then temp AND restore root TWICE. Did you do that? And did you make sure you Restored root before the upgrade? You couldn't be in temp unroot when you upgraded or you would lose root.Then after the upgrade...you'd restore root with ota rootkeeper again. An expert should be able to tell you what up. I'm a noob. LOL.

#839 BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

yeah I had root already on jellybean...but since I wanted to set up my phone to see how its like on jb once I finished the setup I downloaded titanium backup and i had no root

#840 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

If you still have the superuser icon, but just not gaining root, you should be able to down load the small root fix utility to your CPU, plug phone in, run the program, enjoy root.

The root fix link has seen posted over and over.....so it is available for anyone willing to do some reading

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users