• Please log in to reply
1212 replies to this topic

#861 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Orginally I did. But I haven't tried since its bricked. I think thats where my problem is. Maybe I will try and flash the 3.06 and see if it clears it up.

Based on your posts it is hard to follow what you did to get where you are, Can you get to fastboot?

#862 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Sorry but I have to say this....

Why can't some of you people READ? Every new person that jumps on this thread seems to start on the last post and just ask questions... START AT THE BEGINNING! All the questions you are asking have been answered on the first few pages.

And like it says on the first page YOU NEED TO BE TOTALLY STOCK with ROOT and VOODOO installed BEFORE YOU FLASH THIS OR YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS.

The only thing I would suggest to Matt is to put the link and instructions to the root restore utility in the OP so people don't need to read too far to find it.

I have to commend the Mods and Administrators on this board... you put up with a LOT without flying off the handle.

... Stepping down from soapbox...
  • cvhovey, mixerpilot, kr8os71 and 1 other like this

#863 FacelessMan

FacelessMan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Please help... my phone wants some jelly bean..

I agree that you need to use Matt's utility to refresh back to stock. I had the same error, and I think this is related to Safestrap. Safestrap 2.x uses the Preinstall partition for something (I can't remember exactly what), and I think this causes issues with upgrading. Matt's utility is so easy to use. It literally takes longer to download than it does to flash back to stock.

#864 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Anybody having issues of not being able to check emails that use the pop email client? I keep getting a error and it won't open. I've tried reinstalling with TBU but that didn't help. I also get an error that says exchange isn't working.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't able to get the email app to work either. Seems like I was having the same issue running JB roms on ics too.
Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

#865 mixerpilot

mixerpilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

I did my upgrade last night. Yes I did udate the Su binaries and Vodoo. I checked things after rebooting into JB. The Su icon was there, Vodoo was gone. This is where Batman's "recover root" comes into play. Worked Perfectly! Before throwing in the towel on root, give this a try.

Bt earpeice worked from the start. No calling problems, everything working as it should! Thanks Matt and all who help around here! :D
Posted Image

#866 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

I wasn't able to get the email app to work either. Seems like I was having the same issue running JB roms on ics too.
Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Email works for me. I have both hotmail and my ako account set up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#867 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Kind of weird, when I flashed the JB update I lost root (my fault because I forgot to update SU and binaries) but when I reboot to recovery I have a 1/1 where big red checks to see if your rooted or not. 1/1 means the phone thinks I'm rooted (right?). I ran TBU and it says I'm not rooted and I ran the patch to try to get root but it didn't take. Wonder why my phone still thinks I am.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx

#868 dkahs23

dkahs23

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

Based on your posts it is hard to follow what you did to get where you are, Can you get to fastboot?

Yes, I can get into Fastboot. I could go back and try Bat's utility but I'm trying not to lose root also.

Why can't some of you people READ? Every new person that jumps on this thread seems to start on the last post and just ask questions... START AT THE BEGINNING! All the questions you are asking have been answered on the first few pages.

And like it says on the first page YOU NEED TO BE TOTALLY STOCK with ROOT and VOODOO installed BEFORE YOU FLASH THIS OR YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS.

The only thing I would suggest to Matt is to put the link and instructions to the root restore utility in the OP so people don't need to read too far to find it.

I have to commend the Mods and Administrators on this board... you put up with a LOT without flying off the handle.

Actually I did follow all the instructions to a T, and had everything working until I started messing around with the Launcher. Trying to get circle widgets working. But I had also installed SafeStrape 3.05 on the phone.
Testing it out to see how it worked. But I do agree with your comment, not sure if it was directed at me or not.

#869 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Kind of weird, when I flashed the JB update I lost root (my fault because I forgot to update SU and binaries) but when I reboot to recovery I have a 1/1 where big red checks to see if your rooted or not. 1/1 means the phone thinks I'm rooted (right?). I ran TBU and it says I'm not rooted and I ran the patch to try to get root but it didn't take. Wonder why my phone still thinks I am.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx

You say you LOST root, indicating that you were once rooted. That would have set the device to 1/1 - unrooting does not change it back. Once rooted, always rooted, as far as this flag is concerned.

#870 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

+1 My thoughts exactly but I held my tongue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#871 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

The day this released. I just noticed I took this update from .215, didn't have any problems though.

#872 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

Okay, started my celebration too early. when i did this voodoo wont let me backup root because it doesnt recognize that the phone is rooted. (yes i rebooted) Not sure what to check now...

here is the link

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

make sure you use a root explorer, mount file system as r/w then paste to /system/bin ....overwrite if prompted

or if you are familiar with ADB you can push it to /system/bin

#873 liamfm

liamfm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

I followed the instructions including rolling back to .211. I was NOT rooted prior to this, and was at the 215 update.

I'm up and running trouble free on JB, but I have 2 issues:

Superuser seems to have rolled back to 3.0.3.2 for Binary update and I get a "fail" for downloading the new binary. Should I uninstall and reinstall in the google play store? Voodoo OTA shows that the device is rooted and root permission granted (all boxes checked), but I can't use Titanium Backup or Root Explorer in R/W mode as it says I'm not rooted.

Also,
Gallery doesn't show my picasa photos. I see this may be a JB issue and rolling back to an older version of Gallery might fix it. It might also break the camera, which I REALLY don't want to do. Has anyone had success getting picassa albums to show up in gallery and still have a working cam? If so, how?

Thanks

#874 ScottG

ScottG

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Iiamfm

"Superuser seems to have rolled back to 3.0.3.2 for update and I get a "fail" for downloading the new binary. Should I uninstall and [in the google play store? Voodoo OTA shows that the device is rooted and root permission granted (all boxes checked), but I can't use Titanium Backup or Root Explorer in R/W as it says I'm not rooted"

I had the same issue, go to post #2 on the first page and use the root restorer tool. It fixed mine instantly, it installs SuperSU. I was then able to use Voodoo Rootkeeper successfully. Titanium & Root Explorer again (successful root!)

#875 papabliss2007

papabliss2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

I reran the upgrade to see if it would fix my no ringtones and speaker problem. Looks like I'm half rooted?
supersu is there
list voodoo and adb as apps.
voodoo thinks it has super user permissions but hangs on retore root.
When running Matt's restore root just have blinking cursor after the "have driver ...." line. On the phone see pop up that ADB Shell has been granted super user permisson for different directories/files in the bat. Guess I'll let it keep running and see if it finishes.

#876 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

I DeletD the Smartaction Stuff From System/Apps When I Saw It No Longer Has Turn Off Cell Data. Is This A Big Deal? How Should I Restore If necessary. could I Just Sideload again To Return To Stock Jb? Would I Lose Root Doing It A Second Time?

#877 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

I DeletD the Smartaction Stuff From System/Apps When I Saw It No Longer Has Turn Off Cell Data. Is This A Big Deal? How Should I Restore If necessary. could I Just Sideload again To Return To Stock Jb? Would I Lose Root Doing It A Second Time?

The phone will most likely work fine without SmartActions installed. However I would expect any future OTA updates to fail due to this system file missing - which may not be an issue for you since you're rooted.
Note that it's generally much safer to freeze apps in Titanium Backup rather than delete them - especially system apps. That way if you discover that you need them days/weeks/months from now, all you have to do is thaw them out again, as opposed to going on a hunt for the correct APK.

#878 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

Can anyone explain the differences between the 3.0.8 kernel and the 3.0.31 kernel, and what the implications of this build having the older one are?

#879 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Okay, started my celebration too early. when i did this voodoo wont let me backup root because it doesnt recognize that the phone is rooted. (yes i rebooted) Not sure what to check now...

maybe try this....... here are the most current Superuser.apk

and the su binaries

you can copy and paste them into the folder that contains the utility (or the "files" folder if using the Linux Mac Utility) then ru-run the utility? if you re-reun the utility with these then you will automatically have the current binaries...... i should have suggested that last night but i think my brain was dead LOL.... i will be updating the Linux Mac utility(at least) with these today so everone will have them :)
  • mhotovec and sgtguthrie like this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#880 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Google+:mattkilla420
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx xt912 , Samsung Droid Charge (FP8)

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

I'm running it. Had to do the unbrick procedure and I'm stuck without root though. I'm pretty happy with it.

I've heard people have ringtone and call issues.

Reduced data and WiFi reception

Only cons of the leak whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Followed the instructions kept root and have JB!

60.01KB   4 downloads
Few things I noticed yes weaker wifi signal, and data seems about same for me..

Circle widgets and Razr m launcher are a bit laggy. I hope they include this stuff on the final release, a lot thought it was on here.

79.55KB   6 downloads
When I'm listening to music, I have to wake the phone in order for my action button on my headphones to work. It worked all the time before even when screen is off or asleep. This is on Google play.

Other than that no bugs for me.. Thanks Matt for your hard work man especially around the holidays.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX JB 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

android-smoking-a-joint-on-white-background-320x-42619.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users