#241 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I can confirm that bluebooth works for me. I successfully synced with my car and I am able to stream music and use the phone through the cars bluetooth system without any glitches. Just like in stock ICS.

I am able to do the same thing with no issues at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#242 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Not if using Wifi. Not trying to argue, but, Moto owns and operates the update servers and VZW had absolutely nothing to do with this one. They're not very happy about it, in fact.

Thanks sami,my bad

#243 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Thanks sami,my bad

No problem at all. Just wanted to make sure people understood how this happened and who's responsible. VZW will have to deal with the fallout but it was ultimately a mistake at Moto that caused the update to go out prematurely. That's a big "woops".

Non potest esse nisi unus

#244 nshennign

nshennign

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Seems to be a bit bigger on mine...
Posted Image

Glad to see I'm not the only one...

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#245 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Finally found an issue, the native music app is missing. It's there under settings, apps, all, but it shows as 0 bytes and there's no corresponding app in the app drawer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Google Play Music should be there though.

#246 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Finally found an issue, the native music app is missing. It's there under settings, apps, all, but it shows as 0 bytes and there's no corresponding app in the app drawer.

Mines fine. In fact, this has been the best update they've done so far. My only gripe is that at first, the signal was picky. It's gotten better since it's been running. Sleep is working too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#247 nshennign

nshennign

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Mines fine. In fact, this has been the best update they've done so far. My only gripe is that at first, the signal was picky. It's gotten better since it's been running. Sleep is working too.

Google Play Music should be there though.

I have Google Play Music and it's working fine. I don't have sleep. So now I guess I'm up to 2 issues, lol. This type of thing just proves what folks have been saying; it was a premature update that wasn't supposed to go out yet and it has bugs they're working out. That it went out at all gives me hope we will get the official/tested JB update in the near future. In the meantime, as I said earlier, I'm sticking with ICS .211 when I get my replacement phone tomorrow until I know I'm getting an official update.

#248 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

As much as I dislike tainted Android Os'es, Blurred, Whizzed, Sensed, etc, this is the best ROM I've ever had. Smooth as butter doesn't even begin to describe it. There are short-comings; no quick settings for one, duplicate media listings for another. But it is stable and lag less. Quite impressive for 'old hardware'.
  • marka_450 likes this

#249 nshennign

nshennign

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

As much as I dislike tainted Android Os'es, Blurred, Whizzed, Sensed, etc, this is the best ROM I've ever had. Smooth as butter doesn't even begin to describe it. There are short-comings; no quick settings for one, duplicate media listings for another. But it is stable and lag less. Quite impressive for 'old hardware'.

I've read a couple mentions about quick settings. Is JB supposed to have that built in? Because mine doesn't have it either...

#250 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I have Google Play Music and it's working fine. I don't have sleep. So now I guess I'm up to 2 issues, lol. This type of thing just proves what folks have been saying; it was a premature update that wasn't supposed to go out yet and it has bugs they're working out. That it went out at all gives me hope we will get the official/tested JB update in the near future. In the meantime, as I said earlier, I'm sticking with ICS .211 when I get my replacement phone tomorrow until I know I'm getting an official update.

Catch me up, did you call and tell them you did the update, and wanted a new phone?

#251 caobmt

caobmt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Who can help me?????
I can't connect to WIFI access point (Wifi is on and see avaible). Howerver 3G is good.
My device: Droid Razz XT912 , JB 4.1.2 update by Recovery (not OTA), rooted by
RestoreRoot tool.

#252 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I just looked at my phone and my wife's. We are showing the same thing as you. Her phone has never been rooted or tampered with in any way whatsoever.

Attached Files

• ogre likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#253 Ultimanium

Ultimanium

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Where is the sleep option?

#254 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Where is the sleep option?

Ok, this is my fault. I was thinking of deep sleep. My apologies...

Attached Files

#255 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I've read a couple mentions about quick settings. Is JB supposed to have that built in? Because mine doesn't have it either...

I thought so. Could be wrong though. It is a must have feature though.

Also, not that I use it, but I thought the asop JB keyboard had a swipe-ish feature??

#256 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Who can help me?????
I can't connect to WIFI access point (Wifi is on and see avaible). Howerver 3G is good.
My device: Droid Razz XT912 , JB 4.1.2 update by Recovery (not OTA), rooted by
RestoreRoot tool.

Does it take your WiFi password? I just went into WiFi settings, entered my password and it connected.

#257 DER

DER

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationsocal
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I can't connect to my wifi either. WEP or WPA....it gets stuck on "obtaining IP"......? Any advice? Thank you!

#258 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Those having wifi issues, did you wipe the cache in recovery?

Non potest esse nisi unus

#259 my2cents

my2cents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

BTW, if you had a bad flash, you break it trying to tweak it, or for any other reason feel the desire to re-do the update, try this. Use Matt's utility 1.82 to fastboot back to .211 (this will NOT boot or take you back to working ICS) and reboot into the stock recovery when finished (of course the process will show a number of failures, but you'll be able to get to recovery). Wipe data/cache, and apply the update again from your external sd. It should run the update again with no problems, as the phone will report as being on .211 despite the fact it won't boot. When you're finished, wipe your data again and reboot, and you should be good to go.

I can confirm that this works. My camcorder and video playback was not working for whatever reason. After following this idea I was able to get it going and the phone acts like I would expect it to. The only problem - my Vodoo backup was lost in the process and I think I am stuck without root. However, this does work to basically get back to stock JB if you mess something up. Thanks!

#260 my2cents

my2cents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I think it is specific to the new Razr line (m and HD). However, you can pull the apks from one of those phones and get it to work. The problem that I ran into is that it is one of your 5 screens, so you are only left with 4 home screens. The quick settings is the far left one. Its nice, but having the settings button in the notification bar is basically the same thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users