Del please.

#262 caobmt

caobmt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Does it take your WiFi password? I just went into WiFi settings, entered my password and it connected.

Those having wifi issues, did you wipe the cache in recovery?

My Wifi password correct.
Wiped Cache in Recovery.
But can't connect to Wifi. (connecting ................. and Disconnect)

#263 DER

DER

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationsocal
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Those having wifi issues, did you wipe the cache in recovery?

I did wipe cache right after install. Not sure what it could be....

#264 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,517 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Not sure then. Sounds like some people are having trouble, others aren't. Maybe people need to post what routers they're having issues with to see if there's any common ground.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#265 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

I hacked the new jb leak to where i have to start over again. i ran 1.82 and it looked like it completed fine. but now i get a black screen no boot animation. any ideas guys?
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#266 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

delete dup please
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#267 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Not sure then. Sounds like some people are having trouble, others aren't. Maybe people need to post what routers they're having issues with to see if there's any common ground.

I have an old school WRT54G and it works fine. If that helps any.

#268 fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Marty, I just did the same, to see if I could get root back. It doesn't boot back at all. no way to turn on USB Debugging that I am aware of. I went back to JB, unrooted. 1.82 is not going to do anything for us on JB. Just reside load or use Matt's new tool to fix it. there are links all over the place.

#269 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I hacked the new jb leak to where i have to start over again. i ran 1.82 and it looked like it completed fine. but now i get a black screen no boot animation. any ideas guys?

From Matt a few pages back:

"You mean what this does?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

"
  • MartyChubbs likes this

#270 canezila

canezila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I am able to do the same thing with no issues at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I think I need to fix my bt problem. Seems it is just me. I tried to run the update from recovery but it failed to reupdate. I will wipe and hope it works again....

#271 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

For all those wondering about battery life, this is my MAXX on its first FULL charge running the new JB. Pretty good IMO. Moderate usage some 4G and lots of WIFI.

Posted Image
  • marka_450 and cryptociph3r like this

#272 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

This is not exactly the first time this has happened. LOL. We Bionic users have been through the process of an accidental release twice now. You'll love the process. First off, there's already a new build being tested so clearly this one ain't going to be the final release. (Hell, it's still using an ICS kernel, so, um, yea, it's not even close to done...it was the very first build....they haven't even had time to test it yet. It got pushed by accident directly after it was built.) However, since it was pushed, it's going to have to be supported. What will happen is they'll continue to work on the JB builds over the next few weeks, fixing bugs, etc. Once the final build is approved, that'll get pushed out to those still on ICS. Several days later a small update will get pushed to those who have this build installed to take them to the final JB build. So yes, they have to support it, but, just don't think because you have this installed you'll get the update sooner than those who don't. That has never been the way it worked for us Bionic owners.

So, given that, you have to ask yourself....if you've taken this build, you'e now committed to the JB path. If any new leaks do show up, do you take them or stay on this build? Tough call. OTOH, if any new leaks do show up, you should at least be able to get back to this one using Matt's unbrick util.

Precisely why I won't install it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#273 cryptociph3r

cryptociph3r

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Google+:cryptociph3r
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX XT912

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

I can't connect to my wifi either. WEP or WPA....it gets stuck on "obtaining IP"......? Any advice? Thank you!

I have noticed from using 5 different wifi connections that 3 of them were having this issue. The other 2 held a strong connection and transmitted at 54mbps on average.

First 3 wifi connections were WEP/WPA coming from DSL and the latter 2 were WPA/WPA2 w/AEK & TKIP secure --- one being cable internet and the other fiber optic

#274 Maxx86

Maxx86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

so uh... jelly pics? cant believe no ones posted any

#275 canezila

canezila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

nshennign, on 26 December 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:
Finally found an issue, the native music app is missing. It's there under settings, apps, all, but it shows as 0 bytes and there's no corresponding app in the app drawer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Seems to be a bit bigger on mine...
Posted Image

ME too. I thought it was my bluetooth... that is fine. Its my music cant be played through google play. I have same music with 0 for prg size. Music Playback Error. Couldn't play the track you requested. ... and its from my sdcard-ext. Poweramp plays audio... just not through bluetooth.

Using the 1.82 linux fastbioot tool doesnt work. Of course it said it wouldnt work either.. in OP... but I just wanted top start the upgrade again.... not go back for real to ICS. It errors at some logwrapper when verifying the file to upgrade. Does this make sense to anyone? Delete the logwrapper?

#276 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

Even with the music app being the way it is for me, I can still stream music through Bluetooth to my car with Google Music with zero problems. I'm listening to Epic Rap Battles right now through it. I never ever actually used the native music app but it still somewhat irritates me that it seems broke lol.

• downtheory likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#277 canezila

canezila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

Even with the music app being the way it is for me, I can still stream music through Bluetooth to my car with Google Music with zero problems. I'm listening to Epic Rap Battles right now through it. I never ever actually used the native music app but it still somewhat irritates me that it seems broke lol.

Good news is that it works. So if I can somehow correct my deficiency, I can have a functioning phone.

can you think of what apps I might need to replace? I was thinking that since I have root, if I replace the files responsible for audio and/or bluetooth (but phone bluetooth works well).. maybe I can fix it that way.

Without being able to re-install the upgrade file, I think I have no othert options.

#278 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

I noticed the missing music app immediately but I started thinking the icon was left out on purpose. Google music is now a system app. And motocast had been completely revamped. When you use motocast to stream music from your computer, it plays within Motocast but looks like the music app. I think that is why you see it in the system apps but not in your drawer. My ex wife had the RAZR M and her phone does not have the music app in her drawer either. Just google music.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#279 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

I noticed the missing music app immediately but I started thinking the icon was left out on purpose. Google music is now a system app. And motocast had been completely revamped. When you use motocast to stream music from your computer, it plays within Motocast but looks like the music app. I think that is why you see it in the system apps but not in your drawer. My ex wife had the RAZR M and her phone does not have the music app in her drawer either. Just google music.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

I'm not really worried about the app missing at all because i know people that never modified their device at all and its missing for them too. So either way I am good but what you have said does make sense 100%. I'm sad to say that I am very impressed with the new look and feel of motocast and have been using it way more than I used to.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#280 gdfnr123

gdfnr123

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

When i launch restore root it says

CreateProcess failure,error 123
error cannot connect to daemon
CreateProcess failure,error 123

Help Please