#381 caobmt

caobmt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Dear Mattlgroff.
My phone is Droid Razr, running 4.1.2 by update from SDCard. But have some error same: can't reroot by RestoreRoot tool; SafeStrap 3.x can't run.
I try re-update 4.1.2 again from SDCard but error.
Now can I use UnbrickXT912Jellybean??

#382 MightyMackinac

MightyMackinac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

There may be more than one, we'll see lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Ok, well, to date only one person I know of has exploited root on Moto phones. ;)

How do you even begin to attempt something like that? because if there is only one person, than I would think that would be incentive to get more people working on it. I would love to learn how to do something like that, but I have no idea where to even begin.

#383 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Ok, well, to date only one person I know of has exploited root on Moto phones.

That has releases it yes lol

We may have a hidden hero but time will tell

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#384 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Dear Mattlgroff.
My phone is Droid Razr, running 4.1.2 by update from SDCard. But have some error same: can't reroot by RestoreRoot tool; SafeStrap 3.x can't run.
I try re-update 4.1.2 again from SDCard but error.
Now can I use UnbrickXT912Jellybean??

Yes you can.

• caobmt likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#385 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

How do you even begin to attempt something like that? because if there is only one person, than I would think that would be incentive to get more people working on it. I would love to learn how to do something like that, but I have no idea where to even begin.

Wouldn't we all. :D It requires looking for holes in the security of your device that allow you to install su in /system/xbin and make it executable. Typically this is done by finding some way of writing to /data/local.prop and setting *allow_adb_all to 1. Then you can connect to ADB and push su to /system/xbin and install superuser.apk. That's all well and good, but, finding an exploit that allows you to do that is the problem. Moto seems hellbent on patching them every time they push a new update. But, it's essentially finding holes in the linux kernel that Android runs on to allow su to be installed.
  • rjglenn likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#386 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

That has releases it yes lol

We may have a hidden hero but time will tell

I'm good with that. That'd be wonderful, in fact.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#387 caobmt

caobmt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yes you can.

Help Me!!!!!!!
I can't reboot to Recovery by Power button + Volume UP + Volume DOWN after UnbrickXT912Jellybean
It show Red Logo Motorola then black screen.

#388 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

I have faith root will be found. After all, the M wasn't rootable either because of the encryption.... after a short time later BOOM root.
Posted Image

#389 caobmt

caobmt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Help Me!!!!!!!
I can't reboot to Recovery by Power button + Volume UP + Volume DOWN after UnbrickXT912Jellybean
It show Red Logo Motorola then black screen.

I had boot to recovery. After screen splash, before Red logo appear use power+vol up + vol down again.

#390 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

I had boot to recovery. After screen splash, before Red logo appear use power+vol up + vol down again.

You should be able to get there by holding down the buttons while the phone is off.
Posted Image

#391 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

This leak by far is more stable than 211 214 or 215. I have had no fc's, reboots or random app freezes. Battery blows all the ICS builds out the water. If this is not the final, then the final should be no less than platinum. Very pleased with the smoothness and look of JB. Especially loving the battery life. I am getting battery life on my Maxx like I had on GB. If you haven't yet, take the plunge. It's worth it.
Posted Image

#392 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Now if Samsung will just give me JB for my Galaxy Note 10.1.
  • retief likes this
Posted Image

#393 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

FYI, to people having WIFI issues, despite the fact ALL your other devices are accessing the wifi with no issues have you tried simply pulling the power on the wifi router, on both my Samsung galaxy player 4.0 and my galaxy tab 2 after flashing certain custom ROMs (usually CM) they will have wifi issues and those are ALWAYS solved by power cycling the router even tho all other devices are connected and working perfectly.

#394 dowens9603

dowens9603

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

I am having issues. I have done all of this to one rzr and it worked perfect. I did the same proccess with another one and for some reason I dont have root accsess. It is telling me no su binary found. I did everything exactly the same on the other phone and worked perfectly. dose any body have any suggestions? Or a way to root the new 4.1.2 from scratch.

#395 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

I am having issues. I have done all of this to one rzr and it worked perfect. I did the same proccess with another one and for some reason I dont have root accsess. It is telling me no su binary found. I did everything exactly the same on the other phone and worked perfectly. dose any body have any suggestions? Or a way to root the new 4.1.2 from scratch.

My RestoreRoot.zip try it?

#396 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

^^ +1

Used his Restore Root utility after flashing and root was restored without a hitch.
Posted Image

#397 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

need help please. i just updated and running nicely. thanks to all you devs out there. but my problem is trying to restore my root. i did everything to the T and its not working. all the boxes are checked in voodoo but i try to update the binaries and its fails there. trying to get the restore root running but that gives me an error saying the abd is not recognized as internel or external command. i have usb debugging enabled and lost right now. please help guys thanks

#398 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

aight nevermind i was trying to run as admin like an idiot i am. wow really late for me. lol thanks though running better now.

#399 blakeslee14

blakeslee14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

i have been out of rooting loop for a while do bear with me if my question is simple. But, luckily i got jelly bean to work great with my phone!

Anyway, I know on ics rom's there were lots of cpu governors.... are these things that developers have to add in their jb roms when they are released or is it something that can be added to stock jb?

Thanks for the help!

#400 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

as long as its rooted i see why not. most roms have it installed to help with battery life and performance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users